Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do the players get out of it?

rdskns n 05

I guess I should have added outside the obvious for all the "know it all" sarcastic 20 yr olds on this board. And yes I played football in High school and soccer in college.

It just seems ilike a lot of money changes hand on these games I was curious if the players got a cut.

That all depends what kind of a player you are...

Some players are playing for better public perception for egotistical reasons and money for obvious reasons.

Other players are playing for respect, for fun and for the chance to do something amazing with their careers.

If you are a Washington Redskin, it goes without saying what you are playing for

It all depends

Players are striving for one of these....

sb17.jpg

Superbowl 17

sb22.jpg

Superbowl 22

sb26.jpg

Superbowl 26

I absolutely agree! Why wouldn't any NFL player just want a contract and not make the most out of their opportunity? Why not want to achieve glory and have your name mentioned with some of the best players in the history of the game? It should be the aspiration of every NFL player to reach the Super Bowl.

I was thinking about us making the playoffs and wondering if I was a player.....why would I keep on going to work if I did have to. I guess what I am trying to ask is do they get extra game check? I often wondered how do they stay fired up about keep on going? I think it is easy for us to sit in our couches or the stadium and cheer for them vs. the players have to work gruling hours and extreme workouts to keep going. So what do they get? I am sure somebody knows at our great site. Thanks.. Oh GO SKINS!!!!!!!

What are you 6?

They get extra game checks, their own worth goes up, and it's a pride/glory thing. Have you never competed in ANYTHING?

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a joke thread or not?

Every player's dream, hell, probably 90% of the board has the same dream, of winning the Super Bowl. When you're making as much money as these players are, I'm not quite sure an extra game check is why you play.

If you look at the Grant interception in the NFC Championship game, just before the snap the announcer, can't remember who it was, talks about how if they either get to or win the Super Bowl, can't remember that, either, they get $75,000. Back then the contracts weren't nearly what they are today, so I'm guessing the reward is pretty hefty.

I also think that players may get something per accomplishment, like touchdown, fumble caused, sack, interception, etc.

QFT

These guys bust their asses for most of the year to be in shape and to have the knowledge to play. I don't know many guys that can go through the pain they go through to play just for money.

You have to have a passion for the game, and have an ultimate goal to achieve to keep pushing on, which is the Super Bowl.

Wow-

It's intresting that the winner of the Pro-bowl makes the same as the loser in the Super Bowl.

It's why I watch, and enjoy, the pro bowl. Sure, the game is just for fun, everone playing lightly..... until the 4th qtr in a close game. You see it every year. 4th qtr roles around and all of a sudden, everyone is playing hard football. I think they figure "Man - I've come this far. Might as well make that extra 20k"

Yeah, um, I'm pretty sure these guys aren't playing for a check right now. I competed in college softball and even at that non-professional level, my goal was to be the best and be an integral part of getting our team to, and winning, a championship.

The ultimate goal in any sport is to reach the pinnacle of that particular sport. In football, it's the Superbowl, and that's what any true player who loves the game plays for.

Is this a serious question?

You THINK the last 4 weeks have been about a check?

It is pretty obvious you did not read what was in the thread before you posted. I had a question I wanted answered, if this the way (1 of the)MODS are going to be acting.........It is a far cry from being the website I remember!

It is a question I wanted an answer to. I know they play for something higher than MONEY! I was curious if they got a cut, thats all. If some of you would get off your damn high horse, and quit being quick to criticize people you would see that.

I did not post this thread to start an argument, but it pisses me off that half of you did not understand what I was asking before you posted your BS.

This is not one of those threads that make no sense. Thank god Park City Skins understood what I was asking and gave me an answer.

It is pretty obvious you did not read what was in the thread before you posted. I had a question I wanted answered, if this the way (1 of the)MODS are going to be acting.........It is a far cry from being the website I remember!

It is pretty obvious I DID read what was in the thread and I STILL wonder WHY an extra game check even crossed your mind?

Do you HONESTLY think ANY of the players said......."Oh wow.......we get an extra game check"?

:rolleyes:

Archived