Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Suggs "..wants to stay in the area"

awd_sr

I heard him on Comcast saying he couldn't remain in Baltimore after Billick's firing, he went on to say that he would LIKE to remain in the area.

Me personally, I think the guy is a monster, but it's pretty obvious he's a LB who can also rush. If he was able to play DE on every down, and I say grab the guy. I'd prefer to get Jared Allen who is an absolute DE.

Yeah,.. I guess FA has not been good to us:

1.) Griffin

2.) Washington

3.) Springs

4.) ARE

5.) Fletcher

6.) Thomas

7.) Rabach

8.) Collins

9.) Carter

Not to mention trades..which are similar:

1.) Portis

2.) Kendall

3.) Moss

those are the good ones,and how funny that your top 3 FA's might not even be on the team next year if they don't restructure those super inflating contracts. and ditto for portis,who has an outrageous cap hit this upcoming season.

the fact we gave a combined 30 million guaranteed to ARE/Lloyd/Archuleta is frightening.

yes I said ARE, he's a good #2/#3 and makes plays but no other team would fathom giving him a deal worth a maximum of 30 million&10 mil guaranteed.

the draft is where it's at,and nothings wrong with complimenting it with FA's,but stupid spending like we've done puts us in situations where at the start of the 08 cap year were 20 million over were some teams are 40 million under.:hint: the team thats 40 million under went through their own cap hell,has refrained from signing big FA's and is currently 10-6.

I heard him on Comcast saying he couldn't remain in Baltimore after Billick's firing, he went on to say that he would LIKE to remain in the area.

Me personally, I think the guy is a monster, but it's pretty obvious he's a LB who can also rush. If he was able to play DE on every down, and I say grab the guy. I'd prefer to get Jared Allen who is an absolute DE.

truth

allen's a force at DE,and has gotten better every year while sugg's sack total has gone lower and lower.

I doubt we have the cap room for allen though, it'd be a good problem to decide who goes to RE,allen or carter. carter made plays there against minny so I think he might go there should we get a better RE.

and one concern I have about allen is his drinking problem.he says he's completely given up booze but one more mistake and he's sitting out for a year I believe.

He's too thuggish for my taste.

That is exactly what our d-line needs...

Carter is like Charles Mann - Quietly productive

Suggs could be Dexter Manley - wrecking offenses and talking much trash in the process. Well, Dexter minus the off the field activities.

We need someone along that line that is thuggish and nasty.

those are the good ones,and how funny that your top 3 FA's might not even be on the team next year if they don't restructure those super inflating contracts. and ditto for portis,who has an outrageous cap hit this upcoming season.

......stupid spending like we've done puts us in situations where at the start of the 08 cap year were 20 million over were some teams are 40 million under.:hint: the team thats 40 million under went through their own cap hell,has refrained from signing big FA's and is currently 10-6.

First, you said we learned our lesson....clearly FA has been good to us. We have had two bad signings and plenty of good ones. Secondly, the Skins play the cap differently then any other team...because...they can! They make twice as much money as any other franchise in net earnings. The cap can be crushed with owners willing to spend cash. We can be $28M under in 60 minutes and sign 3-4 studs w/o a problem. The draft has been great to us under Gibbs; however, you can easily build through both as you pointed out. Gibbs has done a great job with acquiring talent.

First, you said we learned our lesson....clearly FA has been good to us. We have had two bad signings and plenty of good ones. Secondly, the Skins play the cap differently then any other team...because...they can! They make twice as much money as any other franchise in net earnings. The cap can be crushed with owners willing to spend cash. We can be $28M under in 60 minutes and sign 3-4 studs w/o a problem. The draft has been great to us under Gibbs; however, you can easily build through both as you pointed out. Gibbs has done a great job with acquiring talent.

cash over cap is a good method but shouldn't be used every year because if you get dumb with it and can bite you in the ass.

and LAWL at getting 28 million under , we'll probably go under by a max 7-10 million and go under as need be. the more you go cash>cap the more guaranteed money you push onto the future cap. so yeah you go ahead and hope we sign those 3-4 studs and get 28 million under. because come 2010 we'd be 40 million OVER the cap.

please don't debate with me your making me laugh,and I hope you don't have any credit cards.

cash over cap is like paying a credit card with a credit card. it's a good remedy for the now but if you abuse it and keep doing it your gonna drop the soap and grab your ankles at one point in the future.

we need some size at DE figuring that Phillip Daniels is likely going to be a cap casualty in the offseason and we have Carter at 265 at the other DE spot.

inside at DT, I think we are going to be okay with the younger players we have on the roster. I am assuming we are going to restructure Griffin and bring him back for another 1-2 years. If not then we need to add depth here.

I would resist the temptation to look to mega-bucks free agency to solve all problems that are apparent.

Yes, the team did sign players in FA that have been leaders on defense.

But remember that a number of these players such as Griffin, Washington and Fletcher were not 'break the bank' players, rather solid veterans who were paid solid money.

Where the team has 'broken the bank' and offered an outsized contract we have gotten burned on players like Archuleta and the sign/trade for Brandon Lloyd.

I want to see solid vets like Fletcher, Washington and Smoot added in the future, not guys looking to get paid the highest salary in the NFL at their positions.

These guys rarely deliver value for that money.

I would pass on Suggs.

Suggs is only 25, so it would be a great pickup if so. With McIntosh possibly out for the entire 2008 season, the Redskins would likely consider it with a certain amount of seriousness.

I would have to imagine that Baltimore would make a pretty serious effort to keep him though. And I refuse to talk salary cap numbers until after the Super Bowl, but from what I understand, this is going to be a particularly tricky year in that area for the Skins.

I'd love if Danny could work it out so we could snag him.

Then when Rocky gets healthy we can run the 3-4 with Rocky, Suggs, Fletcher and MW

That would be one of the most dangerous LB cores in the nfl.

Why not try Alexander at DE. He seems pretty agile to me and he can move around pretty good. I'll still sign Suggs if we can work it into the salary cap. You would have to be stupid to not have this guy on your team. Football is a game of emotion and effort and Suggs brings it on every down.

The Patriots were not far away, and so went out and signed ADALIUS THOMAS and Randy Moss and Wes Welker and look what happened.

How about Terrrell Suggs, Chad Johnson, and drafting a cornerback with the first pick and a guard/center with the 2nd round pick.

Thats all we need.

cash over cap is a good method but shouldn't be used every year because if you get dumb with it and can bite you in the ass.

and LAWL at getting 28 million under , we'll probably go under by a max 7-10 million and go under as need be. the more you go cash>cap the more guaranteed money you push onto the future cap. so yeah you go ahead and hope we sign those 3-4 studs and get 28 million under. because come 2010 we'd be 40 million OVER the cap.

please don't debate with me your making me laugh,and I hope you don't have any credit cards.

cash over cap is like paying a credit card with a credit card. it's a good remedy for the now but if you abuse it and keep doing it your gonna drop the soap and grab your ankles at one point in the future.

I agree that we simply cannot spend and spend on FA's, but he skins have been able to solve their cap situation every year. JLC posted something on his blog recently that indicated that the skins will easily get under the cap come March. The team won't be able to spend big, but I bet they create enough room to get someone. Owners willing to spend the cash can solve some of the cap issues.

I haven't seen a good thread on how the skins operate in at least year or so. Hopefully, one of the smart cap guys will provide one in the off-season explaining how cash can alleviate cap issues.

I'd love if Danny could work it out so we could snag him.

Then when Rocky gets healthy we can run the 3-4 with Rocky, Suggs, Fletcher and MW

That would be one of the most dangerous LB cores in the nfl.

Ther 3-4 requires a nose tackle. The Redskins do not have anyone that can play a true nose tackle in a 3-4.

Archived