Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell's playcalling was handcuffed (reported on Fox5)

Robbnva

The JC excuse makers are out in full force. The Skins WHOLE team got better at half time at the Bears game. LOL. Campbell is garbage, and we need to trade him for draft picks.

:doh:

If you can say, with a straight face, that Moss, Portis, and the offensive line haven't stepped it up since the Bears game, then you, sir, are a better actor than Pacino.

If you can say, with a straight face, that Moss, Portis, and the offensive line haven't stepped it up since the Bears game, then you, sir, are a better actor than Pacino.

I swear people like this ruin this site sometimes. I've gotten so many 1 and 2 weeks suspensions over stupid comments like this.

And I mean the person you quoted. I agree with you NC21.

I swear people like this ruin this site sometimes. I've gotten so many 1 and 2 weeks suspensions over stupid comments like this.

And I mean the person you quoted. I agree with you NC21.

I just don't understand why it seems that half of this board cares about the team and the other half cares about being right.

Campbell wasn't a Pro Bowler this year, no. But is he the long-term answer at quarterback? He's shown enough to say there's a good chance of that. He's clearly not garbage. Shuler and Leaf, THOSE are garbage quarterbacks.

Collins is playing extraordinarily well, and so you stick with him for now, obviously. The team as a whole has risen tremendously, too, and it's not just Collins who has turned the team around.

Why can't we just talk about next year, I don't know, NEXT YEAR?

I just don't understand why it seems that half of this board cares about the team and the other half cares about being right.

Campbell wasn't a Pro Bowler this year, no. But is he the long-term answer at quarterback? He's shown enough to say there's a good chance of that. He's clearly not garbage. Shuler and Leaf, THOSE are garbage quarterbacks.

Collins is playing extraordinarily well, and so you stick with him for now, obviously. The team as a whole has risen tremendously, too, and it's not just Collins who has turned the team around.

:applause:

Anyone who knows the game of football knows Campbell will be successful in this league. You don't have to look at stats. Just watch the balls he throws. Like the one in '06 to Cooley against the Panthers for the W. Wow!! I think that throw sold me on him and have been a supporter ever since. It's not rocket science.

What people making this "handcuffing" argument continually forget to acknowledge is Campbell's lack of deep ball accuracy and fumbling woes. I too think that he is the future QB of the Skins but he needs to earn the rights to having these "handcuffs" taken off. Let's say you're the coach...you begin with the tighter reigns on the rookie and just say to yourself "I'll give him more freedom the more that this kid shows me". Then JC keeps overthrowing wide open WR's downfield and fumbling the ball. Would you give him more offensive freedom? NO!

What people making this "handcuffing" argument continually forget to acknowledge is Campbell's lack of deep ball accuracy and fumbling woes. I too think that he is the future QB of the Skins but he needs to earn the rights to having these "handcuffs" taken off. Let's say you're the coach...you begin with the tighter reigns on the rookie and just say to yourself "I'll give him more freedom the more that this kid shows me". Then JC keeps overthrowing wide open WR's downfield and fumbling the ball. Would you give him more offensive freedom? NO!

You've got a point, ish, about the wide receivers down the field. Give Campbell more experience and he'll only get better.

With the fumbles, though, I boo that. Project Collins's stats over 13 games and he has just a fumble and a half less than Campbell. You want our quarterback to stop fumbling? Protect him. It's as simple as that.

He is in his first year FIRST YEAR how many of you prior to the year was willing to give him I don't know this year to grow into the position??

Do you see any jumbo packages inside the 20 yd line now??

And Moss is finally healthy along with Randel el and finally has that 3rd gear to make those deep passes look accurate don't you think??

And how is a speed rusher beating our tackles to smack the ball out of his hands which also happpened to Colins fumbling woes??

Lets enjoy the run we are on one game at a time instead of this foolishness.

All those people who are blinded by All the hype of Todd Collins is hilarious...what a bunch of clowns ...too funny

It is funny when a lot of former QB's praise JC but all the so called fans slam him and want him traded...Sorry but i will take the good reviews from players such as Ron Jaworski, Steve Young, Marino, Boomer, Doug Williams, and Aikman before any of the so called fans who want Jason gone

Who actually cares what the media reports? Leave it to Fox or ESPN to find some negativity to dwell on while we post this amazing run. I didn't boo when Doug Williams came in for Jay Schroeder. If memory serves me correctly, we won a SB.

You idiot.

It's not about the TEAM WINNING here on ExtremeSkins; it's about INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS WINNING arguments.

yup...and there's a certain myopia as well. a very good case can be made that the defense is the real differnce maker; that ST's memory has inspired all the players to play at their best (they have said as much); that the timing of the run has been phenomenal in terms of either quality (3 bad teams) or motivation (1 team with playoffs secured); that healthy receiverfs do make a difference. COllins is pulling the trigger and shouldn't be abandonned.

but for an entire season? bahahahahahahaha. his weaknesses are obvious and he would be exposed.

I hope everyone wasn't mistaken by my earlier post, I am a JC fan. Collins is doing great right now but I don't agree with some of the other clowns saying we need to give him a long term deal...Who would Collins' veteran backup be...Testaverde? LOL

I hope everyone wasn't mistaken by my earlier post, I am a JC fan. Collins is doing great right now but I don't agree with some of the other clowns saying we need to give him a long term deal...Who would Collins' veteran backup be...Testaverde? LOL

Try to remember: the fact that some of us don't agree with you doesn't make you a clown, idiot, stupid, etc.,

If Collins should start, JC could be Collins backup.

You idiot.

It's not about the TEAM WINNING here on ExtremeSkins; it's about INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS WINNING arguments.

Sorry, I thought his forum was about giving opinions and constructive criticism. You're not even old enough to remember SB XXII. Go back home to your mommy until you can play nicely.

gimme a break....you have no idea what is going through his mind and his temperment in the huddle...so why say stupid...excuse me....uninformed things...like this?

prediction: if the Skins pass on JC for next season they will be set back for another 2-3 years. what we are seeing right now is quite unusual. in every interview I saw with players yesterday not one ended "TC has been the difference". To a man they all said they are playing for ST, have taken it upon themselves to play as he would have - with total committment and accountability. TC is playing well...riding a wave. credit where credit is due. but he is making mistakes as well with luck and momentum bailing him out.

we should enjoy what is happening in front of us...but not mistake it for the future.

That's called TEAM loyalty! And by the way, many fans are showing none of it by downgrading TC's accomplishments just b/c they want JC as their starter. TC needs to remain the starter, even into 08 and possibly 09, while JC watches, learns, and studies. That would be best for the Redskins, fans, TC, and JC.

That's called TEAM loyalty! And by the way, many fans are showing none of it by downgrading TC's accomplishments just b/c they want JC as their starter. TC needs to remain the starter, even into 08 and possibly 09, while JC watches, learns, and studies. That would be best for the Redskins, fans, TC, and JC.

While we're on the subject, I feel like OTHER fans are showing none of it by discrediting JC just because his numbers don't stack up to Collins'. It's NOT an apples to apples comparison...While others call it inability, I call it youth and inexperience.

Archived