Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell's playcalling was handcuffed (reported on Fox5)

Robbnva

It was reported that the reason why everything is going better for our running and passing game is Campbell was handcuffed (they didn't actually use that phrase though). They said they basically didn't want campbell to make a lot of mistakes so they ran first to set up the pass. With Collins they said they were confortable in his knowledge of the system they let him open up the playbook more to set up the run.

They need to let Campbell use the same strategy they let Collins use when he finally returns.

Um, DUH!!! Anyone who was watching our conservative play not to lose aces could see that. I know JC is our future, but being handcuffed is exactly why I want Collins to stay at QB for the rest of the season.

I think this is Todd's team until our run ends this year. I hope JC will continue to work on his footwork and throwing mechanics this off season (as he did last off-season). In addition he needs to sit with TC and review every snap TC ran and go over the PRE-snap reads together. As has been said Todd was in this system for 7+ years Im sure it will click for Campbell sooner rather then later.

I agree...

Jason's holding on to the ball too long for Saunder's system. We need Todd to mentor him. Hopefully he will stay here next year, he has more than earned a spot as a starter somewhere else, pending whether he really wants to learn another system.

From now thoughout however long our run through the post-season is, this is Todd's show. Next year it's jason's show, no one is (hopefully) abandoning JC, though i think a small percentage of you are. LEts not forget Todd is 36 despite not being banged up.

Great games Todd!

Offtopic, but I really want to see fansince62 and FANSINCE66 throw down. Will the extra 4 years of fandom be enough for 62 to overcome the relative youth and CAPSLOCK ability of 66?
It would be a three hit deal. I would hit him, he would hit the ground and the ambulance would hit 90 MPH on the way to the Hospital. :D

Here we go again. In every game that JC threw 30+ passes we lost. Stop the excues and just say he wasnt getting the job done.

Did we lose because he threw 30 passes ?

or

Did he throw 30 passes because we were losing?...

Because until yesterday when he threw 31 Todd hadnt thrown 30 passes in a game and we won all of those just as we did with JC....

anytime JC threw under 30 times we won..which meant other phases of the game must have been clicking also just like they have been in our winning streak

Nice try though...:laugh:

collins fumbled twice today in the same way JC fumbled

TODD COLLINZ HAZ FUMBLING ISSUEZSS OMGZ I WNAT TEH BRUNERR

I shouldn't even comment...but apparently you just don't get it. You must be blind it you really see a ball knocked out of Collins hand from his blindside as a fumble.

I find it unbelievable that some of you Campbell kool aide drinkers still want to argue about this. This is not even a debate,,, who is better or more effective. Todd Collins is heads and tails by far BETTER than Campbell at playing QB. No...not my opinion it is FACT.

Campbell had 5 games to get it together in 2006...and another 12 in 2007. His QB rating is 76 and he has thrown 11 interceptions. Todd Collins quarterback rating is 106 and has thrown ZERO interceptions. I will repeat that for those that seem to not get it. Todd Collins has thrown ZERO interceptions.....and has a QB rating 30 points higher than Campbell.

I am confused. Where is the debate?

I find it unbelievable that some of you Campbell kool aide drinkers still want to argue about this. This is not even a debate,,, who is better or more effective. Todd Collins is heads and tails by far BETTER than Campbell at playing QB. No...not my opinion it is FACT.

Campbell had 5 games to get it together in 2006...and another 12 in 2007. His QB rating is 76 and he has thrown 11 interceptions. Todd Collins quarterback rating is 106 and has thrown ZERO interceptions. I will repeat that for those that seem to not get it. Todd Collins has thrown ZERO interceptions.....and has a QB rating 30 points higher than Campbell.

Didn't you hear? Campbell is faster, bigger, younger and stronger than Collins. After all, quarterbacks are successful based on their speed, size, youth and strength right?

The only thing that Campbell has going for him among this fan base is that he's athletic. He has very little going for him as an NFL calibre quarterback however.

Didn't you hear? Campbell is faster, bigger, younger and stronger than Collins. After all, quarterbacks are successful based on their speed, size, youth and strength right?

The only thing that Campbell has going for him among this fan base is that he's athletic. He has very little going for him as an NFL calibre quarterback however.

:doh:

You guys make my head hurt.

I was doubting Saunders and his offensive schemes all year. But now after seeing TC torch the defense for the past few weeks its really clear why they brought Al Saunders here! Just look at the stats for the past 4 weeks, and they do not lie.

Saunders stays!! I have to admit that I am now doubting JC true ability as a NFL Qb.

Really how long does it take to be the QB of the future? He has been in the system for 3 years and 2 years with Saunders playbook.

Guess we will have to see next season if he really shows improvement.

You guys don't get it. There was a clear conspiracy to not unleash Campbell. Gibbs and Saunders had secretly come up with a plan to discredit Campbell on the field. So, they decided not to give him any of the good plays.

Then, when Taylor was murdered, the team did not get inspired. But, when Campbell went down, that was such a huge spark, the team changed at half time.

Amazingly, the team got healthier during half time of the Bears game too.

And, Collins is only good because he at on the bench for ten years and learned the system. So, sitting on the bench was good for him, but will not be good for Campbell.

And, they are both turnover machines. If you look at all the times Collins is in the stadium when a turnover occurs or a when a fumble occurs (even if we recover it) and compare that to only the fumbles Campbell loses and disregard all the interceptions because those are the fault of Gibbs, you will clearly see there is no difference between the two.

Lastly, the QB ratings of the two are actually quite similar when you adjust the Campbell stats for completions he intended to make or would have made had he played against dallas. Also, since the receivers were part of the same conspiracy to discredit Campbell, you have to give him credit for every throw to a wide receiver.

I honestly think Campbell should file a grievance with the player's union. This is his team. Not Gibbs, not Snyder's. He is owed it. He deserves it.

You guys that like winning football games are idiots. You guys that look at the stats and see vast differences in success know nothing about football.

Put Campbell back in and lets get back to way it was just a short month ago. Those were the good days. Back then, we led the league in poise.

Gah. I do not wish to attack anyone, but I find what I read here to be just unbelievable.

TC worst completion percentage in a winning game since 71.

TC 4 fumbles in 3.5 games. Lets see? JC is the fumbler? TC has more then one per game. Did you see the first 10 passes from TC last week? My god they were horrible- not even close to receiver, and another thing i notice is he tends to wing the ball up a bit and receivers run under it- instead of a direct line. This is all great for "touch" and all. It can also be exploited.

The point it aint TC. JC could/would/should be doing same freaking job. I do believe you all are sugar coating and falling into the "backup qb is the most popular guy on the team" phenomena.

All this talk is crap about playbook. Open the thing up with a young, healthy athletic, gifted QB -- or get rid of him and get somebody who can do it. TC is not that guy for more then a handful of games.

You guys going to say, "well if we had Campbell in there we could have went further in playoffs" after TC has a bad day and ends up hurting the team.? It just seems like a complete lack of loyalty to someone who was doing well, and also had a bad slump going. But for people to paint JC as inaccurate, not smart, etc is just bull****. As soon as the TC feel good circle-jerk is done, there will be some other "better" thing.

Screw it lets give TC 10 mil next year and trade JC. TC is obviously such a better QB. We will forget his worst completion percentage in a win (that should be a clue right there, that this has nothing to do with TC).

*frustrated at the lot of you

Another thing that I don't see in Campbell is emotion. Football is an emotional sport. The more "up" you are for a game the more focused and excited you are. I see zip...zero...nada excitement and emotion for the game out of Campbell. He walks on the field and off the field with the same emotion regardless if he just threw a game winning TD or a game loosing INT. That's not football to me folks and it can't be taught. If he doesn't have it...he never will. Other players feed off of the emotion of their leaders...and it's sure as Hell not the kind of emotion I want the rest of that offense feeding off of.

Look at game film of Troy Aikman, he didn't even crack a smile when he threw touchdowns. Maybe these types of players get in a zone, not every player needs celebrate, dance around etc when they do something that they are supposed to do. Like Barry Sanders would score, then toss the ball to the ref. To use a quote from Sanders, "act like you've done it before."

You guys don't get it. There was a clear conspiracy to not unleash Campbell. Gibbs and Saunders had secretly come up with a plan to discredit Campbell on the field. So, they decided not to give him any of the good plays.

Then, when Taylor was murdered, the team did not get inspired. But, when Campbell went down, that was such a huge spark, the team changed at half time.

Amazingly, the team got healthier during half time of the Bears game too.

And, Collins is only good because he at on the bench for ten years and learned the system. So, sitting on the bench was good for him, but will not be good for Campbell.

And, they are both turnover machines. If you look at all the times Collins is in the stadium when a turnover occurs or a when a fumble occurs (even if we recover it) and compare that to only the fumbles Campbell loses and disregard all the interceptions because those are the fault of Gibbs, you will clearly see there is no difference between the two.

Lastly, the QB ratings of the two are actually quite similar when you adjust the Campbell stats for completions he intended to make or would have made had he played against dallas. Also, since the receivers were part of the same conspiracy to discredit Campbell, you have to give him credit for every throw to a wide receiver.

I honestly think Campbell should file a grievance with the player's union. This is his team. Not Gibbs, not Snyder's. He is owed it. He deserves it.

You guys that like winning football games are idiots. You guys that look at the stats and see vast differences in success know nothing about football.

Put Campbell back in and lets get back to way it was just a short month ago. Those were the good days. Back then, we led the league in poise.

You're nuts..... I'm not even going to address the conspiracy theory other than to say that if you think that what you've said is true, you suffer from lunacy.

The only part of your post I'm going to address is the following:

No my friend, it isn't HIS team nor is he OWED it or DESERVES it. The team belongs to the team. It's about the entire organization not just one monkey in the circus. Campbell has to earn it just like any other player and he hasn't earned it. Period.

I'm still LMAO off at the conspiracy theory thing.......HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

People were identifying problems with Campbell after the first couple of games. The response was that at least they were winning and he was managing the game. Then, his level of play caught up with him and we started losing games we could have won. The number of long accurate passes he threw in 12 games could be count on one hand. Sure, a few passes were dropped, but many other circus catches on poorly thrown balls helped him also. Turnovers (not just fumbles) is one of the issues. Not just fumbles. Campbell has been part of 19 (nineteen) turnovers in 11.5 games. Collins has been part of 2 (two) turnovers in 3.5 games. Campbell is the 20th rated QB in the league. Collins would be #2. I realize its only been 4 games for him so this should be discounted, but it is worthy of note.

We could go on and on, but lets make it simple. Collins has won 4 in a row. Along the way, he has made TD passes to wide receivers and not turned over the ball.

To say that is no better than what campbell would have done at this stage of his career is hard to understand.

To not recognize that the timely injury to Campbell and the subsequent play of Collins was not a major factor in the Skins making the playoffs is even harder to understand.

Gah. I do not wish to attack anyone, but I find what I read here to be just unbelievable.

TC worst completion percentage in a winning game since 71.

TC 4 fumbles in 3.5 games. Lets see? JC is the fumbler? TC has more then one per game. Did you see the first 10 passes from TC last week? My god they were horrible- not even close to receiver, and another thing i notice is he tends to wing the ball up a bit and receivers run under it- instead of a direct line. This is all great for "touch" and all. It can also be exploited.

The point it aint TC. JC could/would/should be doing same freaking job. I do believe you all are sugar coating and falling into the "backup qb is the most popular guy on the team" phenomena.

All this talk is crap about playbook. Open the thing up with a young, healthy athletic, gifted QB -- or get rid of him and get somebody who can do it. TC is not that guy for more then a handful of games.

You guys going to say, "well if we had Campbell in there we could have went further in playoffs" after TC has a bad day and ends up hurting the team.? It just seems like a complete lack of loyalty to someone who was doing well, and also had a bad slump going. But for people to paint JC as inaccurate, not smart, etc is just bull****. As soon as the TC feel good circle-jerk is done, there will be some other "better" thing.

Screw it lets give TC 10 mil next year and trade JC. TC is obviously such a better QB. We will forget his worst completion percentage in a win (that should be a clue right there, that this has nothing to do with TC).

*frustrated at the lot of you

You talking about the game in the meadowlands? With the wind?

Seriously, if you think that at this point Campbell is a better option than Collins then you're just not paying attention. You're not seeing how Collins scans the whole field. You're not seeing how Collins makes throws before recievers get open and before they hit their breaks, yet still makes the throw. You're not seeing how Collins actually hits those longer throws that Campbell overthrows. Collins also seems to have a better understanding of the hot route.

At this point, Campbell has lot of work to do to approach what Collins is doing right now.

What I would like to see is our recievers getting more slant routes with YAC opportunities. We seem to be relying a lot on square ins that are delivered pretty low. Seems like they have to go to the ground to make the catch. I guess I can't complain too much, but I think we're missing some bigger play opportunities.

Archived