Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell's playcalling was handcuffed (reported on Fox5)

Robbnva

It was reported that the reason why everything is going better for our running and passing game is Campbell was handcuffed (they didn't actually use that phrase though). They said they basically didn't want campbell to make a lot of mistakes so they ran first to set up the pass. With Collins they said they were confortable in his knowledge of the system they let him open up the playbook more to set up the run.

They need to let Campbell use the same strategy they let Collins use when he finally returns.

We just beat Dallas and got into the playoffs not four hours ago.

Give it a rest.

I am trying to start a controversey I am just bringing tis up because there HAS been tons of posts about the rumor that he was handcuffed and this is the first official reporting I have heard of this.

It was reported that the reason why everything is going better for our running and passing game is Campbell was handcuffed (they didn't actually use that phrase though). They said they basically didn't want campbell to make a lot of mistakes so they ran first to set up the pass. With Collins they said they were confortable in his knowledge of the system they let him open up the playbook more to set up the run.

They need to let Campbell use the same strategy they let Collins use when he finally returns.

I have been saying this for months...One of many reasons I want Saunders out of here next year

JC has had a great year for this being his first year as a starter. With everything that has happened this year, everyone is learning and becoming one as a team and things will only get better~ This year the sky is the limit and so are the years to come. This year is a training year for JC and now the best is yet to come from him. Two QB's get a great year due to Joe Gibbs leadership and planning Way to go Redskins!!!

i'm sorry but i think a major reaosn we're so much better now it that the throws are ON TARGET.

campbell's biggest problem was his INACCURACY. he would make the right reads most of the time but end up throwing the ball in front of, behind, above, two yards off, one yard off the receiver, killing many drives.

i doubt any "handcuffing" was the issue. it's not like the offense is Rams circa 2000. it's just that collins puts the ball on target most of the time where JC did not.

He wasn't inaccurate at Auburn. He completed 70% of his passes. I'm hoping the inaccuaracy problem is due to his being hesitant to throw to a receiver until he sees him open, instead of trusting the system and the receiver to be where he is supposed to be. If so, I think it's something that can be worked on.

Oh my, I didn't realize that Jason could be a good quarterback for Auburn. With that knowledge maybe we can get him scheduled to play next season against a bunch of college kids again, so he can be an accurate QB,

just in case you haven't realized yet....Jason Campbell is not playing against College kids anymore. He is now in the NFL where the level of play has been raised. Maybe he just cant read NFL defenses or adapt to the speed of the game. When are guys like you going to stop making excuses for him and just accept that he has not performed on the field, he is inaccuate, he hesitates, and he cannot read NFL defenses. He's got strong arm but what good is it if he overthrows a wide open Santana Moss.

Oh my, I didn't realize that Jason could be a good quarterback for Auburn. With that knowledge maybe we can get him scheduled to play next season against a bunch of college kids again, so he can be an accurate QB,

just in case you haven't realized yet....Jason Campbell is not playing against College kids anymore. He is now in the NFL where the level of play has been raised. Maybe he just cant read NFL defenses or adapt to the speed of the game. When are guys like you going to stop making excuses for him and just accept that he has not performed on the field, he is inaccuate, he hesitates, and he cannot read NFL defenses. He's got strong arm but what good is it if he overthrows a wide open Santana Moss.

Either way the point is moot...Todd Collins will be gone next year and Jason Campbell is our starter...sorry to **** in your cereal

Blah blah blah.

We just beat Dallas and got into the playoffs.

Go rain on some other parade.

Archived