Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we in the playoffs?

Ji

The reason we are in the playoffs have nothing really to do with the death of Sean Taylor. I really believe its because our starting QB got hurt and we brough in a guy who really knew the offense. Suddenly, the playbook opened up in ways I never thought existed and those FG's became TD's and those close games turned into routs.

I believe the turnaround was by accident due to Campbell's injury. If you remember in the bears game, it was another 0-0 pathetic effort headed to a 13-10 type of game..and suddenly Campbell got hurt and our season turned around. There was less pressure on the defense and less chances for Gibbs to screw up the last 2 minutes because we had big leads.

What a turnaround...story of the year in NFL imo

i think that although everyone on the team has greatly contributed, i think we need to pay a special thanks to Williams and our D.

when you have long drives that ends up in TD's...its amazing how much it helps a defense. Our offense would usually wear our defense down. If we had sean taylor,Rocky,etc...we would be favored to be the NFC champs imo

The reason we are in the playoffs have nothing really to do with the death of Sean Taylor. I really believe its because our starting QB got hurt and we brough in a guy who really knew the offense. Suddenly, the playbook opened up in ways I never thought existed and those FG's became TD's and those close games turned into routs.

I believe the turnaround was by accident due to Campbell's injury. If you remember in the bears game, it was another 0-0 pathetic effort headed to a 13-10 type of game..and suddenly Campbell got hurt and our season turned around. There was less pressure on the defense and less chances for Gibbs to screw up the last 2 minutes because we had big leads.

What a turnaround...story of the year in NFL imo

Are you the samr Ji from Eastern Weather? Go Skins

Hey :D . Joe Gibbs' Washington Redskins are in the playoffs with a 9-7 record after a year of intense challenge and tragedy :applause: . Just to remind us to appreciate reality over opinions for a change. :cool:

I had called us to go 9-7 at the beginning of the year :) , but I sure didn't predict the flow.

I think mostly the turnaround had a lot to do with the playbook opening up. Everyone knew that the coaching staff played it close to the vest with JC in there. I think there were instances that we saw peeks at how well this offense works when they allowed JC to call his own plays iin an uptempo type mode. That being said Collins clearly has a grasp on this offense that JC is going to need time to achieve.

Also, and just as important Portis and Moss are producing. As Portis and Moss go so go the Redskins.

Seattle here we come.

I think you nailed it on the head with the playbook opening up. The coaches felt more confident to do so with Collins back there. I still do think that Campbell would have been better this year with better playcalling, though.

I agree and I also think the offensive line has been playing much better the past 4 games too... Better pass protection and blocking.

:logo:

Uh, our D contributed just a bit, too.

Lots of credit to go around.

agree.

TC has helped (depsite 4 fumbles in two games)....but it is the defense that has made the biggest difference. they have been phenomenal in cretaing turnovers and shutting down the run.

a close second....as many of us have pointed out and the announcers reinforced...the wideouts...epsecially Moss....are healthy and not making mistakes.

first order of business...payback against the Hawks!

We're in the playoffs because we're a team. We overcame more adversity then any team could ever deal with, and never lost focus. We never lost hope, and never quit playing. We're in the playoffs because we have a head coach that was able to keep his team together through it all.

We're in the playoffs because of a roster of Redskins..........

agree.

TC has helped (depsite 4 fumbles in two games)....but it is the defense that has made the biggest difference. they have been phenomenal in cretaing turnovers and shutting down the run.

a close second....as many of us have pointed out and the announcers reinforced...the wideouts...epsecially Moss....are healthy and not making mistakes.

first order of business...payback against the Hawks!

Yeah, I agree. It was just a coincidence that it all turned around when JC got hurt.:doh:

Archived