Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we in the playoffs?

Ji

If you've watched us play.. you've seen the same sequence of events happen during the game. THE DIFFERENCE is our defense! They are playing inspired defense due to Sean Taylor. TC has played great but evidence today after his two fumbles showed that the reason the tide didn't swing in the game was due to our defense.

Yeah, I agree. It was just a coincidence that it all turned around when JC got hurt.:doh:

glad you revel in a player's injury sport!

I see the weaknesses. I see the mistakes. I see the strengths. I see the decision-making. I don't really care what you think...so...aside from not answering one single assertion I made......mange moi!

I don't get you widgets.......the victory is great! how we see it and place it in the larger scheme of things will vary. why feel so threatened?

glad you revel in a player's injury sport!

I see the weaknesses. I see the mistakes. I see the strengths. I see the decision-making. I don't really care what you think...so...aside from not answering one single assertion I made......mange moi!

I don't get you widgets.......the victory is great! how we see it and place it in the larger scheme of things will vary. why feel so threatened?

Give the man the credit he deserves. If JC would have been playing, no way we would be in the playoffs.

If you've watched us play.. you've seen the same sequence of events happen during the game. THE DIFFERENCE is our defense! They are playing inspired defense due to Sean Taylor. TC has played great but evidence today after his two fumbles showed that the reason the tide didn't swing in the game was due to our defense.

Our defense was still playing lights out when Jason was playing. The defense was the only CONSTANT this season. Those who say the difference is the defense aren't paying very close attention....

We're in the playoffs because we're a team. We overcame more adversity then any team could ever deal with, and never lost focus. We never lost hope, and never quit playing. We're in the playoffs because we have a head coach that was able to keep his team together through it all.

We're in the playoffs because of a roster of Redskins..........

Well said Pete. :cheers:

TC has been the difference the last four games. He has been in Saunders offense system for a long time and you can see it. He has been the General for this offense!With TC in there the offense is firing on all cylinders. Yes TC is better than JC just because of experience with the system. We should have started TC last year!

Our defense was still playing lights out when Jason was playing. The defense was the only CONSTANT this season. Those who say the difference is the defense aren't paying very close attention....

nonsense.....you think all those second half collapses after first half leads in the early to mid season games just happened? you think the Pats game was a stellar defensive performance? you think the tackling in the second philly game was top notch?

Give the man the credit he deserves. If JC would have been playing, no way we would be in the playoffs.

that's an empty statement...you have no way of proving this. I'll tell you what...Collins has made some good decisions...and executed at favorable moments. but time is gonna catch up with him...specifically when the defense faletrs and the load shifts onto his shoulders more so than it has. you miss the point that he has fumbled the ball 4 times in just two games....he has thrown near picks in several games...he had a penalty today that could have costy the team were it not for the defense and the ineptness of Dallas' offense and seldom used players like Austin.....he had a definite pattern early on of bad passes - McNabb like - into the turf. in short....he aint no gift from God as a QB....he has weaknesses that can be exploited such as no deep passing threat, lack of mobility, fumble prone when hit (sound familiar?). we should all be happy with what he is doing...but recognize what is in front of us.

TC deserves credit for rising to the ocassion and, on balance, helping the team move forward. he is making good decisions. but he has also been lucky, blessed with receivers who are healthy and finally making plays, and a steady presence on the O-line....so long as they pass block well enough we are ok....his lack of mobility will cause problems downstream in games when that begins to deteriorate/break down.

those people who are fixating on the current win streak against teams that were either one dimensional or had no real stake in winning are missing the bigger picture while posturing for TC long-term. they are...ummmm.....kinda bandwagon-like in their thinking and powers of observation.

this is a great run.....especially by the defense......they are making plays on the ball, closing and tackling with a physicalness and consistency that simply was not there earlier in the season. I like how TC is checking down often and finding the open man - hbaits JC needs to improve upon to raise his level of play. I have no problem with TC at the helm during this run - he has the hot hand - it makes sense. but I also beleive a smart coach like Bellicheat with the right tools will exploit TC's weaknesses.

let's sit back and enjoy the playoffs and fret about all of this during the off-season. we can decide how to punt on the Skins' future at that time.

Todd Collins is a MUCH better QB than JC. Satisfied? I'll certainly be satisfied if we draft a quarterback in one of the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Why don't you and Bdog get a room? We're all tired of seeing you two stroke each other over the last 4 weeks.

TC coming into the game did give us a lift, but the difference in playcalling has been as clear as day and night than when JC was in. Granted, JC doesn't have the grasp of Saunders' offence that TC does. But you would be less than honest if you were to deny that poor playcalling had it's part to play in a few of our losses.

nonsense.....you think all those second half collapses after first half leads in the early to mid season games just happened? you think the Pats game was a stellar defensive performance? you think the tackling in the second philly game was top notch?

The defense was top 5 in yards per play allowed coming into the chicago game. Please stop using the occasional exceptions. You don't know what you're talking about.

Dude these Todd Collins supporters really make me mad. It's really frustrating, as a fan, to see other "fans" dumping on Campbell when he played so well this year. If Santana Moss had been performing at this level all year, we would probably have had at least 2 more wins. Campbell carried this team on his back.

Please note that I think Collins is playing extremely well. It's just that I find it absurd that there are fans out there that think he is our better option at QB.

Archived