Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has a 9-7 team ever won the Super Bowl?

robotfire

Two things; the Pats will not make the SB, and the Pack will not make the NFC Championship.

I have never met anyone who can predict the future. Thank you for opening my eyes. I guess now I can make millions betting against the pack and pats. I will put my entire life savings on it now that you have said so.:doh:

wow. I am a Redskins fan but lets get real. This is not a super bowl team. And ohh by the way, where are all those people who said I was crazy when I said this team will better with Campbell out and Collins in !!!?

Yeah. Im here...in disbelief. I really cant believe my eyes but this 36 yr old is hot right now and has this team clicking in ways that Campbell was not. You are right....

Campbell will and should be the starter at the beginning of next season though. Unless this team truly wants to just abort the Campbell project altogether and start over. I think that would be a huge mistake at this point in his career--allow him to develop.

I agree Campbell should be the guy to start next year. I am not sold on him, but they did spend a 1st round pick on him and hopefully he will get much better!

Yeah. Im here...in disbelief. I really cant believe my eyes but this 36 yr old is hot right now and has this team clicking in ways that Campbell was not. You are right....

Campbell will and should be the starter at the beginning of next season though. Unless this team truly wants to just abort the Campbell project altogether and start over. I think that would be a huge mistake at this point in his career--allow him to develop.

Slightly off topic but it's interesting to see that even though the media likes to say that there has been this great transformation to offense being the most important thing a team can have in recent years the points per game for super bowl champions from 1985 to 1995 is very comparable to the super bowl champions from 1996 to 2006.

1985 to 1995 Super Bowl Champions average points per game: 26.06

1996 to 2006 Super Bowl Champions average points per game: 26.17

Defense is very similar as well

1985 to 1995 Super Bowl Champions average points allowed per game: 15.78

1996 to 2006 Super Bowl Champions average points allowed per game: 15.89

Any fan of any team overates their players. Part of the fun of being a fan, whether realistic or not. Dont be a buzz kill.

HTTR

wow, You really think Collins is the reason we are playing good?

He had a good game against the vikings, but he wasn't the reason we won. Our defense kicked their ass. Thats why.

Redskin fans always overrate their players. Its really sad. A player makes a good play and ppl say he is a pro bowler. :laugh:

I think you should edit your post to be more accurate and say could we be the first if we win next week and then the week after, after a cross country flight to seatle, then again the following week at Dallas against the most dominant team in the NFC this year who also happens to be our biggest rival, and then again the week after most likely at Lambeau Feild where we already lost this year, and then for a fourth game in Arizona most lkikely against the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

when you put it like that, it would make the case that a 9-7 wildcard team would be no fluke.....IF they successfully travelled down that road....it would make for one of the most amazing stories ever.....our version of the 1980 Olympic hockey team.

(BTW, David Byrne is brilliant)

when you put it like that, it would make the case that a 9-7 wildcard team would be no fluke.....IF they successfully travelled down that road....it would make for one of the most amazing stories ever.....our version of the 1980 Olympic hockey team.

(BTW, David Byrne is brilliant)

The 1980 US hockey team is definitely a fair comparison for that scenario. I was trying to make a point to slow down the irrational exuberance. David Byrne is probably my favorite musical artist.:cheers:

Archived