Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has a 9-7 team ever won the Super Bowl?

robotfire

I think you should edit your post to be more accurate and say could we be the first if we win next week and then the week after, after a cross country flight to seatle, then again the following week at Dallas against the most dominant team in the NFC this year who also happens to be our biggest rival, and then again the week after most likely at Lambeau Feild where we already lost this year, and then for a fourth game in Arizona most lkikely against the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.
You make it sound so easy.

wow, You really think Collins is the reason we are playing good?

He had a good game against the vikings, but he wasn't the reason we won. Our defense kicked their ass. Thats why.

Redskin fans always overrate their players. Its really sad. A player makes a good play and ppl say he is a pro bowler. :laugh:

Yeh those 2 Tds and no turnovers he produced didn't mean anything with this win. It was ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the defense.

Collins is 3-0 right now. Give credit where it's due. He's had 2 fantastic games and was very efficient in a VERY windy Giants game - 0 turnovers in that one.

Nah....Collins is AWFUL! :jerk:

If we finish 9-7, we have a shot to do what only the 1979 Los Angeles Rams once attempted to do: BE THE FIRST 9-7 TEAM TO TRY AND WIN A SUPER BOWL.

I think we are a much better team now in these past four games than we were during our 5-3 start. We can compete with any team in the NFC. We've already played to the whistle against Dallas and Green Bay, and the only reason we didn't win those games was because of boneheaded mistakes. I would love for the Redskins to win the NFC championship and then get a rematch against New England and upset them in the Super Bowl.

I think you should edit your post to be more accurate and say could we be the first if we win next week and then the week after, after a cross country flight to seatle, then again the following week at Dallas against the most dominant team in the NFC this year who also happens to be our biggest rival, and then again the week after most likely at Lambeau Feild where we already lost this year, and then for a fourth game in Arizona most lkikely against the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

that would take too long to type.:laugh:

It will be rather intersting if we can beat the Cowboys next week. I certainly like how this football team is playing in the last few weeks. I always felt the most dangerous teams in the playoffs usually go in the hottest. If we can beat Dallas next week we certainly would be rolling into the playoffs arguably being the hottest football team in the NFC. Clinton Portis seems refreshed, Collins obviously has something to prove being a backup his whole career. Can't forget this suddenly inspired defense. Our defensive line which was the biggest ? mark going into this season seems like one of our biggest brightspots of this season .

If we go into Seattle, winning three straight against 3 tough NFC opponents i certainly dont see any reason why we cant go into Seattle and knock off a team whos only beat 1 team with a winning record so far this season.

We will take it one week at a time here certainly this team wont be looking past Dallas because our season lives on next Sundays game. But, i certainly wouldnt want to be a team who has to play the Redskins come January is we roll into the playoffs on a 3 game streak.

Or will we be the first?

LMAO...ya'll are hilarous if you think your gonna win the superbowl!! All these threads saying..."i wonder if the cowboys will start there starters" like you guys are scared to death...then in the next sentance you say......Well we can beat them with there starters in there......what a joke........keep dreaming.........

wow, You really think Collins is the reason we are playing good?

He had a good game against the vikings, but he wasn't the reason we won. Our defense kicked their ass. Thats why.

Redskin fans always overrate their players. Its really sad. A player makes a good play and ppl say he is a pro bowler. :laugh:

I have to say you over looked an obvious reason why we also won yesterday...offense, that clicked and made 0 disasterous mistakes like, no QB fumbles and no late 4th quarter INT's...

HTTR!!!

LMAO...ya'll are hilarous if you think your gonna win the superbowl!! All these threads saying..."i wonder if the cowboys will start there starters" like you guys are scared to death...then in the next sentance you say......Well we can beat them with there starters in there......what a joke........keep dreaming.........

Pfft, are you hungry? I'll feed you troll. No the Skins aren't scared of the Cowboys. Fans, maybe. Not the Skins. The way we handled the Vikings will boost there confedence to new hights this season.

Do I think they will win the Superbowl? Hey I've seen crazier things happen this season to this team...

HTTR!!!

They've certainly got a better chance than the Arkansas A-Holes.

wow. I am a Redskins fan but lets get real. This is not a super bowl team. And ohh by the way, where are all those people who said I was crazy when I said this team will better with Campbell out and Collins in !!!?

If both are healthy, of course the team is better with Campbell just for the fact that he's the future of this team. That's probably why people disputed your claim. Don't act like you're the only one who knew that Collins was more comfortable with the offense. :rolleyes:

We're just wondering how much we'll win by. Not if we'll win or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the1toask

>>wow. I am a Redskins fan but lets get real. This is not a super bowl team.

- 6 of our 7 losses were within one score, and in most we were leading in second half (and we now seem to have stopped the habit of choking in the second half)

- In Dallas it came down to the last play despite four TD's by TO; we were leading Green Bay late in the 3rd at Lambeau field, then beat by a 53 yard fumble recovery/return; Seattle has only beaten one team with a winning record; we lost to Tampa Bay by 6 points despite 6 turnovers (a trend we've since reversed)

- won last 3 in a row, and we will likely head into playoffs on 4 game winning streak (momentum)

- undefeated since Sean Taylor's funeral

- Gibbs and staff are hugely successful and expereinced in the post season

- we've just won 3 "playoff" games in a row, two of 'em on the road

- we just held the NFL's leading rushing team to 87 yards (Peterson to 27) and gained 106 against the NFL's leading rush defense.

Few can argue with the fact we are playing better now (and with a certain swagger) than when we had those close losses.

Where we are at right now I think makes us as good a shot as any other NFC team to make it to the super bowl, and in fact we're probably better positioned. We look better than most in terms of streak/momentum, desire to win, and coaching experience in post season. We're hitting our stride at just the right time, and, no need to say it, but we have that extra invaluabl intangible - playing with a special purpose and a fire in our bellies.

Shut up and go make me some coffee!

There is a HTTR amongst - oh nooooo!

:dallasuck

Archived