Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has a 9-7 team ever won the Super Bowl?

robotfire

No one has...the Rams in '79 made it to the Supe but lost to the Steelers

Well with the Pats likely the team in the Super Bowl I don't think it'll matter even if they could make the Super Bowl.

If I was the NFL I'd go back and make them forfeit that game against the Jets. In my opinion it would be very bad for the league to have a team go undefeated the same year they're caught cheating.

I think you should edit your post to be more accurate and say could we be the first if we win next week and then the week after, after a cross country flight to seatle, then again the following week at Dallas against the most dominant team in the NFC this year who also happens to be our biggest rival, and then again the week after most likely at Lambeau Feild where we already lost this year, and then for a fourth game in Arizona most lkikely against the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

Or will we be the first?

While if we are going to win the Super Bowl we have a long way to go what I like about this post is the confidence that says IT DOESN'T MATTER if no one else has done it before, Eff the Record Books! I hope the team feels the exact same way. People are always bringing up "Well no one has ever done this before" blah blah blah teams are 0-500 when blah blah blah, so so and so can't possibly hope to blah blah blah then it happens and they can't dislodge their jaws from the floor.

wow. I am a Redskins fan but lets get real. This is not a super bowl team. And ohh by the way, where are all those people who said I was crazy when I said this team will better with Campbell out and Collins in !!!?
wow, You really think Collins is the reason we are playing good?

He had a good game against the vikings, but he wasn't the reason we won. Our defense kicked their ass. Thats why.

Redskin fans always overrate their players. Its really sad. A player makes a good play and ppl say he is a pro bowler. :laugh:

Are you kidding me? Do you know ANYTHING about football? Todd Collins had played extremely well, no matter how you try to spin it. His QB rating is over 100. He isn't turning the ball over like Campbell was and he is WINNING. Ohh by the way, where in my post did I say he was a Pro Bowl player? Get a clue !

wow, You really think Collins is the reason we are playing good?

He had a good game against the vikings, but he wasn't the reason we won. Our defense kicked their ass. Thats why.

Redskin fans always overrate their players. Its really sad. A player makes a good play and ppl say he is a pro bowler. :laugh:

wow. I am a Redskins fan but lets get real. This is not a super bowl team. And ohh by the way, where are all those people who said I was crazy when I said this team will better with Campbell out and Collins in !!!?

Irrelevant to the topic at hand, but let's face facts here. You weren't and are not, the only one to have said this and are saying it. As for the question at hand, hey, we can always hope. :)

I think you should edit your post to be more accurate and say could we be the first if we win next week and then the week after, after a cross country flight to seatle, then again the following week at Dallas against the most dominant team in the NFC this year who also happens to be our biggest rival, and then again the week after most likely at Lambeau Feild where we already lost this year, and then for a fourth game in Arizona most lkikely against the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

Two things; the Pats will not make the SB, and the Pack will not make the NFC Championship.

Are you kidding me? Do you know ANYTHING about football? Todd Collins had played extremely well, no matter how you try to spin it. His QB rating is over 100. He isn't turning the ball over like Campbell was and he is WINNING. Ohh by the way, where in my post did I say he was a Pro Bowl player? Get a clue !
:laugh: ..He is playing well. He isn't the reason we are winning.

Then again, he torched the 32nd pass defense. Portis's qb rating was over 100, too. :applause: That shows what I think of it.

I'm not sold on Collins. He manages games, but if you think he is the reason we are winning, then you really aren't that bright.

Archived