Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st Round of the playoffs= Seattle??

RedskinsFanatic

If another QB were in, instead of Brunell, I think we would have taken that game.

I like our matchup with them as much as Tampa. Hass is better than Garcia but he is prone to making some mistakes, we can shut down their running game and it's not as if they have all-world receivers. They have had bad games and mediocre efforts before.

This time, the SKins would have a better guy behind center, we HOPE Portis is healthier and our line looks like it's OK right now. And we have better receiving options too.

Don't count your chickens yet.

BUT if the 'Skins beat the Cowboys next week, the match up would be Seattle in week 1, and IF, just IF they manage to win, a trip to the stadium with a hole in the top would be up in week 2 of the playoffs. Awwww Yeah baby.

we BETTER beat Dallas next week.

I don't think anyone is counting the Dallas game as a win, but it's fun to talk about the playoffs.

I've seen every Seattle game this year, as my buddy is a big fan. They are a FAR better team than the '05 bunch. Morris is a better all-around back than Shaun, he's a threat to be split out wide and create mismatches.

Engram got robbed of the Pro-Bowl and if you add Superbowl MVP Deion Branch and Burleson and you have quite the receiver core. They also have two young kids from Auburn who have a nice size/speed ratio.

But the two biggest reasons as to why the Seahawks are better than in '05 is the way Hass is playing and their defensive attitude. Hass is playing like Collins is right now, he knows the offense and is, normally, cautious with the ball and takes what the defense gives him. He has a bit of a gunslingers attitude though, and he can force the ball if the pocket collapes around him.

The defense, led by Julian Peterson, is just nasty. They get after the QB and, unlike the Giants, they devise plays to generate sacks. Peterson, Hill, and Lofa are sent on different plays and it's very hard to plan against. VT alum Darrell Tapp and sack leader Patrick Kerney means that Todd will have to get the ball out FAST.

The corners are small, but so are our WRs. Trufant and Moss will be a good battle, but Jennings/Babineax can be exploited. The weakness is probably their safeties. Deion Grant is a pretty decent player, but his range isn't exceptional. I'd say a slight downgrade from Hamlin. Brian Russell alternates with another player that I forgot and they are rather opportunistic, but not dominant.

Actually, their entire D is like that. Big plays sustain them, but if you hit them in the mouth and keep the crowd out of it, they are a COMPLETELY different team. The Saints proved this earlier this year in Seattle. An early blocked punt took the air out of the Stadium and Brees and Bush took apart the defense.

Would have much rather played Tampa, but what can you do. They will be one of the best teams we play this year, but I think we could out-physical them on offense and defense.

I'm on standby and ready to go here if we're fortunate against Dallas!

There's already chatter that they think we'll be the easiest team to beat between us, Minny, and the Saints.

They can chatter all they want...cause the fact of the matter is playing dallas next week with backups is a harder game than the seattle seahawks in seattle...there so one dimensional its not funny....they cant run to save there lifes....and they play in the nfc west which is a pathetic division.

As per everyone I am taking nothing for granted - even though Dallas will want to rest some guys you KNOW they will also take satisfaction from raining on our parade and keeping us out of the playoffs in our own stadium.

That said I think we have great momentum and like the last 3 weeks we will just want this more than the Cowboys - add that to no TO and probably only a half or so of Romo sits to pee and we should win.

If we do win one question. Are we going to be playing on the Saturday or the Sunday? I ask because I am going to be flying to Frisco on buisness on the Saturday and will likely be in mid air when the game is played and will miss it. If its Sunday I'll be settling down to watch it in some bar or other in Frisco !!

ok, so this might be a serious "noob" question, but why do people keep writing "paloff" instead of "playoffs" -- can someone let me in on the inside joke?

Do a search for Paloffs - I think the original poster was called DEman70 or something similar. He posted a thread in 05 anyway and misspelled the word. It looked hilariously funny, cue a couple of Jim Mora clips up later and suddenly you've got yourself an ES legend. Shame the guy never stuck around afterwards to bask in the glory.

As for Seattle, sorry but with the 9ers and the Cards in your division who are STILL mediocre at best padding the W column I don't think they are as good as people seem to think. From what I have read (not seen unfortunately) Seattle are the benefactors of a cupcake schedule. I hope we really DO stick it to them.

Seattle has a real QB... which scares me some.

Shutting down Kyle Orton, T. Jackson and a horrible (that week) Eli Manning is a far cry from playing in Seattle.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather play Tampa.

Not to mention we have to beat Dallas first. Hopefully, they rest everyone.

Archived