Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we sign big FA: ?Briggs, Allen, Johnson, CB

Monk in the Hall!

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And please ... PLEASE for the love of god will this Lance Briggs talk end? We're fine with Marcus at strong side, London in the middle, and HB/Randall/Khary can fill in for Rocky while he's out.

The thing you have to wonder about him and Carlos is that, if the injury is this severe, will they ever be the same again? Right now, I dont think anyone has the answer to this but its something that, as we prepare for next year, must at least be considered and monitored.

First of all, Bob Sanders is going nowhere. They came out and said it. He will be either franchised or signed long term. Besides, he may be a great player but he is also injury prone. A guy that size and the way he plays is not someone you'd want to spend a lot of money on, ESPECIALLY a team like us that gets ****ed with injuries EVER YEAR.

I hope we go after Jared Allen or Peppers. Personally, I'd rather have Peppers(no baggage) but either would be awesome. With the D that Gregg Williams is running now, we could be great, maybe even top 5. I dont care if it costs us a first rounder for one of these guys. They are definitely worth it.

Is anybody on that list even a free agent? Briggs was extended, Chad Johnsons is under contract. All of the others if they are set to be free agents will be franchised

ding ding ding

How about you play the next two games and see what you've got in Blades and Campbell.

Next thing you know, somebody will say "Well, lets bring back Lavar" AGAIN!

I agree with the notion of no big FA signings this year....................

But since we are the skins, we will sign someone and we do need to sign a CB with Carlos's injury. The best for the lowest contract is going to be the one from the Raiders. We can draft a DE in the first round, and G in the second for the lines.

Outside of that the only one I would want would be Larry Fritz if he voids his contract after the season is over.

Both players are young and good.

As far as needing a Safety we can always try to move Springs to FS and put Laron back at SS. Also a FA SS is usually not that much. We don't need a Pro Bowler at that position and Reed just may be good enough.

I sad CB cause Briggs was just extended a few eeks ago with a 5 year deal I believe. I can't find a link at the moment, but I'm pretty positive this DID happen. Jared Allen will get Franchised, and there is no way we can afford Chad Johnson

They said during the Vikes game on Monday that Briggs will be a FA after this year.

I also haven't found anything that says Jared Allen has signed an extension either.

None of the above. Look for GW to line up some young underachievers stuck in the wrong scheme, like Andre Carter. I don't see us spending mega-bucks on Jared Allen, given his off-field history.

The real issue will be if Gibbs and the offensive team can find some bargains on the OL.

I personally think it we could get only one FA, then my preference would be Jared Allen. We will need the defense to act as a crutch for the offense in all likelihood yet again next season. We're simply not that good yet IMO.

Our secondary has been decimated by tragedy and injury. I think to help ameloriate such events is to solidify the line. I think we can have a very successful defense with a secondary consisting of Landry, Smoot, Doughty, Eubanks and Torrence. I'm not sure about Springs's status.

Also, I think Green Bay's success is due in large part to the play of Kampman. I think Allen would bring the same to us.

I know a lot of these free agents look nice but how about drafting and grooming. It might just work. They come a lil cheaper too than high priced free agents. The Skins can sprinkle a free agent or 2 on at the end of training camp but the high priced free agent pick ups are getting old. i hate to say it but if they don't draft a young CB next thsi coming yr, they better see if Shawn Springs would come back at a reasonable price.

**I really like the WR from Indiana James Hardy. 6'7'' 220. Nothing is a guarantee when drafting but the kid is a beast at the college level. He dominated Justin King 6'1 db from Penn State who's projected as a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder. 14 catches 162 yds and 2 tds in that game. He's(Hardy) dominated since day 1. His team just isn't that good so he doesn't get a lot of press. **

The Raiders CB with the difficult to spell name - african I think, Nnamdi Asomugha? Yeah him anyway. I would want him to spell Carlos while he is resting/replacement for Springs.

With Asante Samuel being the top free agent at CB, Asomugha may come a little cheaper, than he would otherwise.

He has quietly had a great season. Only 9 passes have gone through him this year. There are murmurs that he was robbed having been passed over for Champ Bailey, by the Pro-Bowl voters.

Springs is likely gone, and Rogers will need 2 seasons to get back to form.

If we know anything about GW, it's that he will rely on his CB's to shore up the pass defense, rather than look to DE.

I've been hoping the 'Skins could get a jersey on Asomugha since all the Samuel talk last year.

They said during the Vikes game on Monday that Briggs will be a FA after this year.

I also haven't found anything that says Jared Allen has signed an extension either.

Well as I said, I heard in in the bears game after Thanksgiving I think it was. To be honest, I can't find a link to this "extension" anywhere, so i could be wrong on that.

The answer is Briggs AND Samuel. We wanted both last year. We were willing to pay them the large contracts they wanted, but weren't willing to part ways with draft picks as compensation. This offseason we will sign both to similar contracts. Samuel:6yr $54M Briggs:6yr $48M

edit: Jarde Allen is great but he will be franchised(guaranteed)

I don't think Chad Johnson is a FA but he might be on the trading block.

If he were a FA, love to get him. But Jared Allen is my pick -- the D would be special if it had pressure coming from both ends

I agree with you, if we had J.Allen.........the cover 2 scheme that GW loves to run will be more effective. If we can supply enough pressure from Carter and Allen of the edges, we can leave everyone else out in coverage.

Jared Allen will be franchised if he doesn't re-sign. He loves playing in KC, loves playing for Herm Edwards and has made it perfectly clear that he wants to stay with the Chiefs.

Briggs will cost too much, as with Asante Samuel. Plain and simple.

Chad Johnson isn't a free agent, but likely is done in Cincinnati. He'll be on the trading block, but we'd certainly have to give up picks for him - which, IMO, is the last thing we want to do.

The only FA mentioned I can see here is Vilma. He's not happy in NY, doesn't fit into the 3-4 defense the Jets run and likely wants out. He won't be cheap - but he'll come cheaper than Briggs.

Truthfully, I don't see any of them here. We just can't afford it unless we cut some serious weight in $ off the roster. Build through the draft like we've started to do. I've been very happy with the picks we have had since Joe came back, and with a few more this year, we could potentially do very well.

Archived