Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings Injuries ... Could help ...

SkinsNoles21

Normally I don't root for other teams to have injuries as I like to knock off teams at full strength ... but this season it is what it is.

Vikings receiver Sidney Rice and cornerback Antoine Winfield didn't complete the game and could be sidelined with serious injuries.

Officially, coach Brad Childress said Winfield has a left shoulder injury and Rice an ankle sprain. But early indications are that Rice may have fractured a bone and Winfield may have torn a ligament in his shoulder.

Rice was carted off the field early in the fourth quarter, while Winfield walked off the field with the help of medical officials with less than a minute remaining in the first half. In the locker room after the game, Rice needed the assistance of a trainer to get to his locker, and his eyes were red. He declined comment, and he struggled to walk to the shower.

Winfield barely could put on his shirt.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7747979?nclick_check=1

Looks like an update will be coming up soon at the Minnesota Press Conference on Both Sidney Rice and Antoine Winfield.

No Winfield at corner significantly weakens their secondary and gives us a shot. Im not exactly worried about their passing game but without Rice who has been their best receiver lately, we really have to gear up and stop the two-headed running back monster.

IMO the Skins can win this game if Todd Collins throws the ball well and the defense can at least contain the run.

Press conference for Vikings started at 3:15.

I just hate that the Bears blew it last night. That would have really helped. Hopefully the Skins can stop their running game and we can put up some points.

MC

Last night had little to no effect on our chances. All it did was take away a remote chance of losing to the Vikes and still make it. But it was so bizarre, it wasnt worth following.

I actually now think the Vikes are ripe for an upset.

Yeah them winning last night only means we can't lose a game and still get in, which was extremely unlikely because the Giants and Saints would've had to go 0-2 in order for that to happen. It just further emphasizes(as if it wasn't already obvious) that we need to win these last two games.

I have a good feeling about Sunday night. Knock on wood. Neutralize Peterson, cover well, and excel on offense. Easy enough, right?

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

When they showed Jackson's throwing mechanics last night during the game, he looked absolutely putrid...you would never have guessed the guy was ever coached anytime during his football career.

If any opposing team puts the ball in Jackson's hands and he beats you, you've got issues lol...

TRUE!!!:applause:

While I think our team needs alot of work, I am not too worried about TJ beating us. My only worry is AP and he took a real beating last night. Hopefully he is good and sore for next week.

The Vikings have beat five weak teams in a row. Now they must prove themselves against a true contender that had the leagues toughest schedule. We're on a roll for Sean!!!

Your right!!

We had the toughest schedule and we are building momentum. Our D-Line is good at stopping the run and our secondary showed what they can do against the Giants. But the key to the game is TC exploiting their secondary and our o-line picking up the blitz.

Last night had little to no effect on our chances. All it did was take away a remote chance of losing to the Vikes and still make it. But it was so bizarre, it wasnt worth following.

I actually now think the Vikes are ripe for an upset.

The bad thing about the Bears losing is that Philadelphia and Chicago are out of playoff contention, and that means they might mail it in when they play New Orleans, and we need New Orleans to lose.

The bad thing about the Bears losing is that Philadelphia and Chicago are out of playoff contention, and that means they might mail it in when they play New Orleans, and we need New Orleans to lose.

I think the more likely road at this point is the giants going 0-2--so let's hope that buffalo does well...

Archived