Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lorenzo Alexander, our new OG?

corrupt3d

So Jasno was talking about how Alexander had played quite a few positions

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/12/monday_afternoon_barely_hback.html

but he brought up the point that he is more athetic and has quicker feet than Fabini (not a hard accomplishment i guess) but I was wondering. What are the chances and how do you think he would fair if the coaching staff moved Alexander to the OG position this off-season?

Obviously, he wouldnt start next year, but sit him behind Randy Thomas and/or Pete Kendall and he'll learn alot - maybe enough to start the following year or provide some high quality depth.

What do you all think? Not happenin or a possibility?

I agree with RamseyFan. LA is so valuable being able to come in and out as needed that it would be a disservice to keep him in as a full time guard. He is able to help out tons more as the sixth o-lineman or an energetic pass rushing DT.

Any way we cut it I'm glad he's on our team. The dude just loves to play and it shows.

He's a little too small to be a full timer in my opinion. He's listed at just 6'1" and a generous 300 pounds. He'd be great to spell Fabini as a pulling type guard, but I just don't see him having what it takes to do the full job, pass protecting and all.

hes the side of linemen denver uses on their zoneblocking

i think we should use him for few running plays and in the redzone.

hes the side of linemen denver uses on their zoneblocking

i think we should use him for few running plays and in the redzone.

Denver may be lean but they aren't small in height. I'm fine using him on zone plays and pulling plays in the run game, I think he can be very effective there. But I don't think that he'll be able to pass protect well enough to be a full time starting guard in this league. He has short arms and he's smaller than most defensive lineman. That doesn't hurt him in the run game but it will in pass pro.

He's a little too small to be a full timer in my opinion. He's listed at just 6'1" and a generous 300 pounds. He'd be great to spell Fabini as a pulling type guard, but I just don't see him having what it takes to do the full job, pass protecting and all.

That's more weight than Kendall. I thought with O lineman height ISN'T an asset, tougher to bend and get leverage when you are tall.

I LOVE having 'ZO as a UTILITY guy...

So unless he turns into a BEAST DT or DE, I'd rather keep him as the "true Redskin" who goes in there at any position and plays his heart out

like that suggestion the best. and it seems that he has taken to that roll too. anything to get onto the field and get playing time.

I was just think that if we get this guy to play guard full time that would probably save us another draft pick. I say give him a shot in the offseason, I like the way the coaches sneek him into the game. If we can make something out of Alexander and Heyer we can start getting some young guys in the O-line.

Archived