Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Needs to Go!

Darth Tater

It is funny how people want to trash the guy and say how bad he is and that he is not a great back. He is a team player. The guy sacrifices on blocking when the defense is pass rushing. I am sorry but it wasn't him who had to step up, it was the offensive liine who just that the few weeks. They coudn't block anyone and they really made it easy for betts and portis to get their yards. At first I wasn't sure about Portis, but I have grown to like him over the years and especially when he demanded the ball the last five games of 2005.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (or Don Downer since I'm a guy?) but I really do think Clinton needs to go (or at least restructure). Now, I know a lot of people will jump on me, but hear me out. He played a great game today, and I will agree that he is the best blocking running back in the league. You could have made a highlight reel of his blocking just from today's game. However, it was indeed the offensive line that had to step up, which brings me to my point: any RB can gain 120 yards with a great line. Heck, even Ladell Betts, who is allergic to endzones and four yard runs, had a nice TD run. Given CPs cap number next year, wouldn't it be just as effective to draft a no-name 5th rounder or pick up some guy off waivers and let him run behind a stud O-line?

Sorry, I don't mean to ruin the post-game party, and CP did have an incredible game, but maybe we're spending our money in the wrong places.

It is funny how people want to trash the guy and say how bad he is and that he is not a great back. He is a team player. The guy sacrifices on blocking when the defense is pass rushing. I am sorry but it wasn't him who had to step up, it was the offensive liine who just that the few weeks. They coudn't block anyone and they really made it easy for betts and portis to get their yards. At first I wasn't sure about Portis, but I have grown to like him over the years and especially when he demanded the ball the last five games of 2005.

That's why I put in the modifier there. Also, I've never trashed CP, either.

To put up 1000 yards behind this makeshift offensive line is pretty damn impressive to me. This isn't a reply to the TC, as I realize it's a joke, but some people here actually do think Portis should go.

Him FREEZING Strahan in the hole was such a beautiful play. I will agree that RBs are replaceable in this league, but this kid is what, 26 years old? It is not that easy to find a RB that plays an all-round game as well as Portis.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (or Don Downer since I'm a guy?) but I really do think Clinton needs to go (or at least restructure). Now, I know a lot of people will jump on me, but hear me out. He played a great game today, and I will agree that he is the best blocking running back in the league. You could have made a highlight reel of his blocking just from today's game. However, it was indeed the offensive line that had to step up, which brings me to my point: any RB can gain 120 yards with a great line. Heck, even Ladell Betts, who is allergic to endzones and four yard runs, had a nice TD run. Given CPs cap number next year, wouldn't it be just as effective to draft a no-name 5th rounder or pick up some guy off waivers and let him run behind a stud O-line?

Sorry, I don't mean to ruin the post-game party, and CP did have an incredible game, but maybe we're spending our money in the wrong places.

Hope this is in the name of the forum, cause if not... :finger:

Archived