Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Needs to Go!

Darth Tater

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (or Don Downer since I'm a guy?) but I really do think Clinton needs to go (or at least restructure). Now, I know a lot of people will jump on me, but hear me out. He played a great game today, and I will agree that he is the best blocking running back in the league. You could have made a highlight reel of his blocking just from today's game. However, it was indeed the offensive line that had to step up, which brings me to my point: any RB can gain 120 yards with a great line. Heck, even Ladell Betts, who is allergic to endzones and four yard runs, had a nice TD run. Given CPs cap number next year, wouldn't it be just as effective to draft a no-name 5th rounder or pick up some guy off waivers and let him run behind a stud O-line?

Sorry, I don't mean to ruin the post-game party, and CP did have an incredible game, but maybe we're spending our money in the wrong places.

I agree that a great line can make skill position players better. Thats on offense and defense. Thats being said this current line that the Redskins has is awful. Yeah they played well against the G-men but over all their awful. Thats why I give CP credit this season. Man sometimes he's getting smacked in the backfield. Give CP that offensive line that the Vikings has for instance. Peterson is a beast but he has a good line too. I don't think Peterson does what he's doing behind the current Redskins line.

OK, I really like CP but when most everybody's on his case, he blows up big. So maybe if we trash him again, he'll give us another big one!

Come on, learn tha game!!!!! When the O-line is blocking well, Portis and Betts will run well. See tonights game

Clinton Portis is the best running back the Redskins have EVER had. Not only is he a great runner his willingness to work his tail off when he doesn’t have the ball is even more impressive. Not to mention he is a leader, and an icon. If we manage to win a Super Bowl in his tenure here in DC he will go down as one of the all time Redskins greats on his way to the hall of fame. We need to keep CP here for the rest of his career.

If Heyer and Fabini continue to run-block to the right side like that consistantly, then Portis would be having a monster game every game, well assuming he would.

But CP needs to play like that all the time, and get his balance back. Overall, good game Portis.

Oh yeah, CP is beast on pass protection.

Archived