Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So ya think we're haters? It's not just us.

brandymac27

Check this out:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/59106/60272.html

Extremeskins isn't the only place where frustrated fans post. There are 2 types of Skins fans: those that stand by the skins (coaches, players, etc) no matter what, and those that get pissed off and call for changes when they see fit.

The reason for our differences is the one thing all Skins fans share-PASSION. Nothing wrong with this IMO.

There's nothing wrong with calling for change, but too many people want to fire anyone they see who had a bad day and show no loyalty at all. I can't say I am a fan of a sports organization if I give the coaches and players just a few weeks to prove themselves.

I like to think of myself as a realist. I'm sorry but homers often come off as insane to me. The team will be absolutely horrible and they'll sit there and tell you with one or two few injuries we would have been amazing. Remember the people that were saying Gibbs lost to the pats on purpose? :doh:

I sometimes question this need to pretend. Can they not support a bad team?

The other funny thing worth mentioning is the "bandwagon" or "fair weather" accusations. The team has been horrid for 15 years.... anyone that was fair weather or riding around on the bandwagon found a more successful team to cheer for long ago. Anyone old enough to have lived and cheered through all of Norv and Spurrier is a real fan if they are still around.

I like to think of myself as a realist. I'm sorry but homers often come off as insane to me. The team will be absolutely horrible and they'll sit there and tell you with one or two few injuries we would have been amazing. Remember the people that were saying Gibbs lost to the pats on purpose? :doh:

The other funny thing worth mentioning is the "bandwagon" or "fair weather" accusations. The team has been horrid for 15 years.... anyone that was fair weather or riding around on the bandwagon found a more successful team to cheer for long ago. Anyone old enough to have lived and cheered through all of Norv and Spurrier is a real fan if they are still around.

:( I'm still here.

Pretty much agree with everything said here. Many people seem to see in black and white and many people disagree but that doesn't make them bad fans or fair weather fans. I've been a skins fan since I can remember and I'm sure I always will be, but right now certainly is a painful time. The Skins are like a girlfriend who treats you like crap but you keep going back to her because you love her so much. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

I criticize when I think it's warranted. I have no problem with being critical of the team.

However, I would like to think one can be critical without sounding like a Dallas fan. When it turns to trash talk, well, that's when I start to wonder.

I'm hear! I remember watching one of Norv's last games in the pouring rain. I was one of maybe 5,000 left in the stadium! We actually did end up winning!

:applause:

Pretty much agree with everything said here. Many people seem to see in black and white and many people disagree but that doesn't make them bad fans or fair weather fans. I've been a skins fan since I can remember and I'm sure I always will be, but right now certainly is a painful time. The Skins are like a girlfriend who treats you like crap but you keep going back to her because you love her so much. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

Good way to put it. It's just really hard to not complain every once in a while when your team is so inconsistent. All things that have happened this season aside, we are very inconsistent and have been for a long tme.

I notice a lot of people talking crap about the naysayers here, but to certain degree, you can't really blame them. At some point, somebody will have to take responsibility for the teams inconsistensies, and after so many inconsistent seasons, fans want those people to take respnsibiliy now. Can't blame them for that.

IMO our players/coaches/admin are making a lot of money to NOT be inconsistent, and I for one feel the teams problems (aside from ST this season) have been a group effort. Really, the whole organization is at fault. Hard to point the finger at just 1 or 2 people when our crappiness really has been a group effort that has lasted the past couple of seasons, or longer.

Just think if America had the Passion about its government the same way we do about our SKins!!!

(it doesn't matter what political party is in power)

I'm just saying think of the power of the people that we don't enforce...

Sorry about getting political, but just think of the passion we have towards the skins, and apply that to other things.....

I'm guilty too, it would probably change my life!

I criticize when I think it's warranted. I have no problem with being critical of the team.

However, I would like to think one can be critical without sounding like a Dallas fan. When it turns to trash talk, well, that's when I start to wonder.

And there you have it...

99% of the time, it's not that someone criticizes the team, it's how they criticize. "Haters" are NEVER the ones who think changes are needed or merely question moves the team makes. With a "hater", every single bump, glitch and setback, no matter how minor, is evidence that the worst case scenario is about to come true. A 3 point deficit at halftime validates all of their negativism.

"Here we go, the Skins are gonna lose again! I hate this team! We're going 3-13, there's no way we win another game all season!"

And no, that's not an exaggeration of what "haters" tend to say...that's almost verbatim. But I do laugh when someone who literally says they hate the Redskins gets insulted when someone else calls them a "hater" lol.

Just think if America had the Passion about its government the same way we do about our SKins!!!

(it doesn't matter what political party is in power)

I'm just saying think of the power of the people that we don't enforce...

Sorry about getting political, but just think of the passion we have towards the skins, and apply that to other things.....

I'm guilty too, it would probably change my life!

I actually pray that we wouldn't use that same type of passion in the political arena...because all too often that passion is derived from the emotion of the moment, and that passion tends NOT to see any side except the one it's fixated on. I'd rather the people's political power be utilized by calmer, more reasonable heads than the average ones we see on a game day thread lol :)...

I'm inclined to agree with Destino here. To me, fans who get angry at any criticism of this team really confuse me. It seems as if they don't want to root for the team unless it really is a great team(thus they create an illusion they dont want broken). Ive accepted the fact this team disappoints year in and year out, and I KNOW the team most likely wont amount to anything, and yet I root for it anyway. Thats deserving of criticism? Isn't a person who KNOWS his team is going to fail(or at least thinks that), and yet still roots them on week in and week, the definition of a true fan? Through thick and thin? So how is, in my opinion, denying reality for the sake of keeping the illusion of a different team then we actually have, being a "truer" fan than someone like me?

Since when does a team as bad as the Redskins have been in the past 15 years, have bandwagon fans? What bandwagon? Since when do humans LIKE losing?

It all confuses me. Maybe its because im not really a fan.

I give credit to the Skins when its due, and I criticize when its warranted, just as I would expect anyone to treat me.

Extremeskins isn't the only place where frustrated fans post. There are 2 types of Skins fans: those that stand by the skins (coaches, players, etc) no matter what, and those that get pissed off and call for changes when they see fit.

Translation: There are two types of fans: Skins fans, and Eagles fans.

Archived