Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good would Kenny Phillips look in a skins jersey?

KWILLVILLE

Springs is old expensive and still under contract, we should try and keep him. If we can then we could afford tod raft a later round dback to learn from him, or not at all, if we get rid of him then we need a CBack and a Free Agent safety. No way do I draft a safety this year, we need help on the lines particularly at Defensive End opposite carter. A D with more sacks, puts more pressure on opposing offenses and will create more turnovers, sans more opportunities for our offense.

Springs is old expensive and still under contract, we should try and keep him. If we can then we could afford tod raft a later round dback to learn from him, or not at all, if we get rid of him then we need a CBack and a Free Agent safety. No way do I draft a safety this year, we need help on the lines particularly at Defensive End opposite carter. A D with more sacks, puts more pressure on opposing offenses and will create more turnovers, sans more opportunities for our offense.

I'd be shocked if Springs was still around next year. He's getting paid $7.4mm next year. It would be nice if he renegotiated his contract but that seems very unlikely. We asked him to do it last year and wouldn't... he said "either you want me, or you don't want me." With Smoot and a healthy carlos (and a good pass rush), we don't need him.

theres no other FS in the draft that compares to KP, we can put him at 3rd CB if rogers isnt 100% let him and smoot start and move Springs to FS next year. That will be the best DB field in the league all 1st round talent in a cover 3 defense early in the season when we were healthy. Springs will ball hawk with Landry taking peoples heads off at SS near the LOS and KP will shutdown one side of the field 6' 2" 211 lbs. Speed: 4.48 big hitter like ST and football IQ of a ER :2cents: he can return kicks like DH P.S. i wont be surprised if we trade up in the draft to get him

no, but there are better upcoming.

• 1 month later...

Kenny phillips can slip down to 21 and I wouldn't mind getting him. The proplem is he is a 2nd round type player. Imagine Flechter's tackling ability with some good coverage and you get kenny phillips. If the draft had better depth at safety this year kenny would go in the second round but he's solid.

he wouldn't look bad in a 'Skins jersey... but I think picking him in the first round would be a bad move. I know the kid can play, but I am loving LaRon Landry at FS and really seeing progress from Reed Doughty at SS. I don't know why everyone is so desperate to change that up now that it is working great? I wouldn't mind seeing us pick a safety in maybe the last round just as depth if we let Pierson go.

Sean Taylor can never be replaced, but I think bringing in another safety from the U, possibly the top safety in the draft, would be nice. Especially so, when they describe him as "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed".

6'0" 203 lbs is not the "body of Sean Taylor" and if he had the knowledge of Ed Reed, he wouldn't have played so inconsistently in college. Pass please and let's invest a first round pick on something outside the secondary.

6'0" 203 lbs is not the "body of Sean Taylor" and if he had the knowledge of Ed Reed, he wouldn't have played so inconsistently in college. Pass please and let's invest a first round pick on something outside the secondary.

I agree. He was very inconsistent in college and was the best player on a terrible Hurricane squad.

he wouldn't look bad in a 'Skins jersey... but I think picking him in the first round would be a bad move. I know the kid can play, but I am loving LaRon Landry at FS and really seeing progress from Reed Doughty at SS. I don't know why everyone is so desperate to change that up now that it is working great? I wouldn't mind seeing us pick a safety in maybe the last round just as depth if we let Pierson go.

Yeah I agree I think Landry and Doughty are a good mix.Doughty reminds me of young John Lynch when it comes to hitting and speed.Our safety's are fine get a some pass rush and they will be the best combo in the league in my opinion.

You can have 4, 1st round picks in the secondary and it won't make any difference in the world if your D line cant get a pass rush going.

Hopefully we'll realize this one of these days.

True, lets draft Udeze :doh: ;)

I truly do hope they make you happy this year oldschool I am a huge believer though in the first round you have to go BPA. I hope there is a D lineman at 21 who is the BPA this year.

As for Kenny Phillips this guy couldn't hold Sean Taylor or Ed Reeds jock. This guy made NO plays and never once while watching him this past year did he make me say wow this kid is really good. I do think he can be a solid Saftey in the NFL and is a safe pick for whoever needs a saftey but the comparisons are really far off.

Absolutely correct. If defense is chosen in the first round, let it be a DE or DT.

I think we will be OK at Safety, Landry and Reed are beginning to play much better since they swapped Safety positions.

Don't overlook Pass Rushing OLB. MW is getting up there, and Merriman and Ware proved how valuable that spot is.

Archived