Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good would Kenny Phillips look in a skins jersey?

KWILLVILLE

correct me if im wrong...

1) Canes DL and LB sux big time?
True injury and lack of experience
2) Opponents had tons of yardage against them.
True horrible coaching
3) Most of KP tackles came 5-10 yards down the field due to #1 & #2.
True but he was their only bright spot as a defensive back playing at multiple positions, the best defensive player biggest impact on defense
4) KP is all over the field, but only had 2 INT? Want to compare his play making ability with Sean or ED during their last year at Miami?
he was moved around all 3 seasons, they utilize him in different positions every year, first he played FS as a freshman, moved into the box at SS as a sophmore and his junior year he play all over the field FS/SS/CB he didnt just ride the bench now did he?

not another one.

In the aftermath of the Taylor death, everyone is falling in love with a (pretty good) safety from The U, drawing parallels and connections to Sean just because both are from The U.

Lets focus on DE and WR like we should have been the last few drafts, as well as o-line depth. You are only as good as your trenches, Detroit and Arizona can vouch for that.

Please dont draft a WR. You never know what your going to get, too many busts at that position and too many good WR's coming out of no where schools.

1st of all there is no way Phillips will fall out of the top 12. We wont be drafting any higher than 15 most likely so that will erase the thought. I really like Phillips but I just want to have a scary DE on this team that puts a threat to all opposing offenses. I would like to draft a DE that can contribute right away.

PHILIP DANIELS is our DE opposite Carter......we can surely upgrade!

I think we make a play for Asante Samuels, move Springs to FS, and draft either the best DE or OL on the board with our first round pick. I doubt we have a shot at either of these 2 players, but I'd like to see either Chris Long DE out of Virginia or Jake Long OT out of Michigan in Skins jersey next year.

I also think Landry has the skills to play FS. We just have to get in the mind set of "go-get-the ball" first, then "crush the receiver". If we go this route, then I could see us taking a SS, like Tom Zbikowski of Notre Dame or Jamar Adams of Michigan in the second round.

I think we make a play for Asante Samuels, move Springs to FS, and draft either the best DE or OL on the board with our first round pick. I doubt we have a shot at either of these 2 players, but I'd like to see either Chris Long DE out of Virginia or Jake Long OT out of Michigan in Skins jersey next year.

I also think Landry has the skills to play FS. We just have to get in the mind set of "go-get-the ball" first, then "crush the receiver". If we go this route, then I could see us taking a SS, like Tom Zbikowski of Notre Dame or Jamar Adams of Michigan in the second round.

Where we gonna get the cap space for Samuel?

If we are picking 15th a DE at that spot isn't going to guarantee immediate success.

If at our draft position the Best Player Available is K Phillips you take him unless there is a very good trade offer or the next Best Available player can fill a more pressing need.

And stop being a 2 watt light bulb, we always will have cap space we haven't went a year when we didn't have any or do you think our new middle linebacker came from Save A Lot??

Springs, Portis and Moss are not what I would consider untouchable right now when it comes to renegotiate or be cut right now and I like them all.

I'm not looking for a Sean Taylor replacement. Give it a year or two before we draft another safety. We should be focused on our pass rush in this next draft and perhaps a big WR and some OL. Its not fair to the kid that is drafted as Sean's replacement because there simply is no Sean Taylor in the next crop of safeties for a few years.

correct me if im wrong...

True injury and lack of experience

True horrible coaching

True but he was their only bright spot as a defensive back playing at multiple positions, the best defensive player biggest impact on defense

he was moved around all 3 seasons, they utilize him in different positions every year, first he played FS as a freshman, moved into the box at SS as a sophmore and his junior year he play all over the field FS/SS/CB he didnt just ride the bench now did he?

All very true but we don't need a rookie and a 1st year safety back there. We can address the secondary again in '09. We need a pass rush right now and a big WR for the O.

All very true but we don't need a rookie and a 1st year safety back there. We can address the secondary again in '09. We need a pass rush right now and a big WR for the O.
theres no other FS in the draft that compares to KP, we can put him at 3rd CB if rogers isnt 100% let him and smoot start and move Springs to FS next year. That will be the best DB field in the league all 1st round talent in a cover 3 defense early in the season when we were healthy. Springs will ball hawk with Landry taking peoples heads off at SS near the LOS and KP will shutdown one side of the field 6' 2" 211 lbs. Speed: 4.48 big hitter like ST and football IQ of a ER :2cents: he can return kicks like DH P.S. i wont be surprised if we trade up in the draft to get him

Archived