Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good would Kenny Phillips look in a skins jersey?

KWILLVILLE

Sean Taylor can never be replaced, but I think bringing in another safety from the U, possibly the top safety in the draft, would be nice. Especially so, when they describe him as "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed".

link to his prospect page:

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/kenny-phillips.htm

I like how it says "Ed Taylor or Sean Reed" It would be a nice pickup but I wouldnt want to be him if he came to D.C, he would never live up to 21's standards in our eyes.

not another one.

In the aftermath of the Taylor death, everyone is falling in love with a (pretty good) safety from The U, drawing parallels and connections to Sean just because both are from The U.

Lets focus on DE and WR like we should have been the last few drafts, as well as o-line depth. You are only as good as your trenches, Detroit and Arizona can vouch for that.

:applause:

My thoughts exactly. This team needs to start building from the lines out. Roll with the DBs we have plus a FA addition here or there and focus on dominating the line of scrimmage both on O and D. After that, turn the attention to a tall, big-play WR (maybe we have that guy in Mix--who knows?)

not another one.

In the aftermath of the Taylor death, everyone is falling in love with a (pretty good) safety from The U, drawing parallels and connections to Sean just because both are from The U.

Lets focus on DE and WR like we should have been the last few drafts, as well as o-line depth. You are only as good as your trenches, Detroit and Arizona can vouch for that.

Good post. I couldn't agree more about the trenches. Actually I think it would be a bad idea to draft Phillips b/c doesn't have the tools that Taylor did and ultimately us fans would probably have unrealistic expectations of him. :2cents:

People keep saying don't use draft picks on DBs, but what are we supposed to do? Continue to start Reed Doughty? He's done ok but adding another great young talent would not hurt.

we should draft a DB with draft pick, just not the first rounder.

we have bigger needs DE we have no pressure.

our safties are fine.

well what no one has failed to say or seems to see is that barring unforseen circumstances we would not be in the need of another safety from "THE U" but seeing as how we are could if he is on the board get him, problem is im sure that now that Landry is playing FS they are not gonna keep playin with his head either and keep him back there and maybe in the later rounds or FA pick up a viable SS and keep him back there to get better.

Reed, has not done that bad a job, but then again he has not had to guard Whitten, or Shockey(yet) so lets see how he is vs top notch TE before, we say how good he is, and on top of that Reed used to play FS so its a transition for him as well.

DL/OL help should and will probably be addressed first, but since we will be in the play-offs this year we probably wont be able to get Phillips even if he was on the board, why because that means our safeties that we have are and did a good enuf job to take us as far as they could.

This whole ST thing is not ez on anybody in any stretch of the imagination, whoever comes in that's not already here now has pretty big shoes to fill, becuz dang it Landry was doin a real good job at the SS spot and it takes time or a real top notch athlete to come in off the break and get that starting spot

whats wrong with reed roughty?

seriously what is wrong with redskin fans

how retarded would this franchise look if we draft another DB

About as stupid as the lions for drafting

Roy Williams

Mike Williams

Charles Rogers

Calvin Johnson

People dont seem to understand that if you want to win games, you dominate the trenches

Yes, the Patriots are good because of Tom Brady, but they are also good because they have a dominant offensive line and a dominant defensive line.

The vikings are a decent qb away from being a powerhouse because they dominant the LOS. The Cowboys do well in the trenches as well.

A good line makes a QB look good just like it makes a RB look good.

How good would Kenny Phillips look in a skins jersey?

I'll have to chime in with the consensus and respond by saying not half as good as a stud RT or pass rushing DE/DT.

I started out this season thinking DL was the priority. However, seeing Campbell fumble every time he gets breathed on and Portis get brutalized as soon as he approaches the LOS, I've changed my priority area to the other side of the ball. In fact, I'm willing to go with what we've got at WR (Moss, ARE, Caldwell, McCardell and Mix should be a decent enough) in favor of devoting our entire draft to our lines...yes, I said our entire draft. Our OL is getting old, brittle and less effective by the day-ditto that for the DL. However, unlike the OL, the DL is at least still able to halfway show up and seems able to rotate in enough guys to be respectable. OTOH, our OL is almost depleted.

The only exception I'd make to this is if a unresistably good combo of blocking/pass catching TE fell to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. The reasoning? He'd be able to help with blocking (where Cooley still falls a bit short) while still being able to add another target in the passing game to make our two TE sets lethal.

The bottom line is that this team will struggle at or near .500 until we fix this glaring weakness so we might as well bite the bullet and get 'er done.

About as stupid as the lions for drafting

Roy Williams

Mike Williams

Charles Rogers

Calvin Johnson

People dont seem to understand that if you want to win games, you dominate the trenches

Yes, the Patriots are good because of Tom Brady, but they are also good because they have a dominant offensive line and a dominant defensive line.

The vikings are a decent qb away from being a powerhouse because they dominant the LOS. The Cowboys do well in the trenches as well.

A good line makes a QB look good just like it makes a RB look good.

Sometimes i just hate redskin fans. They talk outa their @$#'s, what is the purpose of getting all these DB's? doesnt matter whos back their, if they have 5 sec they will complete the pass. In my opinion we have one of the best secondarys in the nfl, losing taylor hurts but landry and daughty are big boys they can take over. Rogers, springs, smoot are a pretty good tandem. How about some help on the Dline? andre carter wouldnt even start for most teams, and hes our best linemen.

Why not leave LL at FS and draft a Strong Safety in the middle to late rounds. Maybe Jamar Adams out of Michigan(6'2 220 4.5 forty), How about LL's old buddy Craig Steltz from LSU(6'1 210 4.5 forty).Stelz is a ball hawk 6ints and 97 tackles this year plus he was a 1st team All-American.Nice 2nd or 3rd round picks if still around.

Why not leave LL at FS and draft a Strong Safety in the middle to late rounds. Maybe Jamar Adams out of Michigan(6'2 220 4.5 forty), How about LL's old buddy Craig Steltz from LSU(6'1 210 4.5 forty).Stelz is a ball hawk 6ints and 97 tackles this year plus he was a 1st team All-American.Nice 2nd or 3rd round picks if still around.

finally someone who knows football

Archived