Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbells Problem

HateNMyEyez

I think the only problem i see with campbell being a young starting Qb is that he intends to go to Cooley and moss instead of spreading it out. Like the 2 INts he threw in the tb and dallas game that cost us, he tried to force it to santana moss in double coverage to a small WR. campbell needs to hit the open WR, once he starts doing that, hes gonna be a really scary Qb

JC is no longer a "young starting QB." He has been in the league for 5 years, 4 of them as a starter. Giving him a pass as a 1st, 2nd and even 3rd year player was acceptable. If he hasn't learned how to find other options yet, it isn't likely to happen.

Two years from now.

"Gruden just needs to unleash JC."

"Give him time. It's only his second year in Gruden's system."

"The line is terrible. No one could score 20 points a game behind it."

"I can't believe Vinny missed on another receiver. What are the odds?"

"He's still young. Barely 30."

That is my worst nightmare! :doh:

JC is no longer a "young starting QB." He has been in the league for 5 years, 4 of them as a starter. Giving him a pass as a 1st, 2nd and even 3rd year player was acceptable. If he hasn't learned how to find other options yet, it isn't likely to happen.

Agree...

From Steinberg's blog a few weeks ago. The number of starts each starter in the league has had (as of two weeks ago) and where Campbell ranks. He's right in the middle of the league. I don't think he can be considered an inexperienced quarterback any more.

1. Brett Favre 273

2. Peyton Manning 180

3. Kerry Collins 168

4. Tom Brady 115

5. Drew Brees 110

6. Kurt Warner 104

7. Marc Bulger 90

8. Jake Delhomme 84

9t. Eli Manning 75

9t. Ben Roethlisberger 75

11. Carson Palmer 69

12. Philip Rivers 52

13. David Garrard 50

14. Tony Romo sits to pee 43

15. Jay Cutler 41

16. Jason Campbell 40

17. Kyle Orton 37

18t. Derek Anderson 28

18t. Matt Schaub 28

20. Trent Edwards 27

21t. Joe Flacco 20

21t. Aaron Rodgers 20

21t. JaMarcus Russell 20

24. Matt Ryan 19

25. Matt Cassell 18

26. Shaun Hill 14

27t. Seneca Wallace 14

27t. Mark Sanchez 4

29. Matthew Stafford 4

30. Kevin Kolb 2

31t. Chad Henne 1

31t. Josh Johnson 1

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/teammates_want_campbell_to_unl.html

You have to be kidding me. Look at the times they have let him loose and let him call his own plays, etc. Those have been the times he has moved the ball very well, spread it out and looked comfortable. Do you really think Gibbs or whoever calls the 4th down plays says to him "just do whatever"? I doubt it. If you're talking about the one specific draw play that was criticized he did the draw based on what coverage the defense was showing. I'm 50/50 on that play. It would have been a very good call on 2nd down given the coverage but on 3rd they could have tried for the pass anyway. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

And how do you know how many passes out of shotgun could have been draws? You make it seem like every time he is in shotgun he calls a draw play or whenever he has the authority to call the plays he just hands it off when it is actually the opposite. Yes he has tried to force plays and thrown untimely INTs but pretty much every young QB goes through that learning process.

The play calling was apparently holding him back. Just look at his numbers in trash time when he was "let loose".

But things must be different now:

Dunno, he didn't look like a scared rookie when he was running the no huddle and driving the team down the field. Maybe we should just take Zorn out of the equation. He can sit on the sidelines and look at his playsheet and act medium.

It was Gibbs, now Zorn.

While this is true, remember that there were quite a few passes at the end of the 1st half and near the end of the game that were hurry up from the gun. I think what we need is using shotgun more in regular playcalling during normal gametime. Pretty much every QB will go no huddle shotgun in a hurry up offense.

He is so good in shotgun in trash time, let's do it all the time. Deja vu.

I love how ItalianStallion and Darrelgreenie still jump in without shame.

So, NewCliche21 isn't a Jason defender but here he is two years ago with the same garbage AND he's been proven wrong in that time (because we went to the playoffs clearly with that line and won four in a row and did pretty well on offense.)

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Some people seemed POd that Collins did well, rather than happy the Skins won.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Some people seemed POd that Collins did well, rather than happy the Skins won.

This thread is after the Bears game. The hate gets pretty loud as the winning continues, but there is no point in over feeding them in one day.

There is plenty of material cooling in the fridge. Someone won't think they are too "sizzling" soon...

How many threads do we need to have bash Jason Campbell?

This one is worth it. I don't think it's even a bash of Campbell, more an eye-opener on the Campbell supporters.

I'll always support Jason, because he wears a Redskins Uni. But do I think he can get it done? No. You can't tell me you watch other QBs play, and make great reads/throws and not wonder, "Would Jason have the presence of mind to make such a decision?"

It's funny this thread showed up because I was mentioning to someone that in that Bears game when Collins hit Betts on a great read for a TD, I immediately wondered if Jason would have been smart enough to read the defense and make the same play.

Very telling, years later, same problem/issue very little improvement if at all. Similar excuses. While I don't think Jason was exactly put in the best situation to succeed, he's had enough that if he were even a decent QB he'd have more success than he's had. He's below average, couple that with issues with play calling, a weak oline, etc and it's what you have and have seen the past few weeks. Same ol, different toilet.

Nice article in the Post today, but a 3rd rounder for Jeremy Jarmon is going to be painful come draft day... Speculation that other teams would have taken him in the 4th, but some claim he wouldn't have been taken at all... Jared Gaither several years back was a home run for the Ravens... Otherwise, just another draft pick we will be without in April...

Wow, talk about attempt at disruption. What the hell does the Jarmon "story" have to do with this thread, Mr. "AuburnTigers"? More importantly, Jarmon seems to have real talent, I'm not going to complain about him yet. And again, what the hell is that but an attempt to derail the thread about your boy.

this was the best bump of the season so far.

mistertim is still bringing the lols. im not even sure if hes typed a new thought, or he has just been copying and pasting his own quotes from this thread into the current campbell debate threads.

extremely telling though, and just further proves that campbell is getting the exact same excuses now that he was 2 years ago. same ****, different year.

Nice article in the Post today, but a 3rd rounder for Jeremy Jarmon is going to be painful come draft day... Speculation that other teams would have taken him in the 4th, but some claim he wouldn't have been taken at all... Jared Gaither several years back was a home run for the Ravens... Otherwise, just another draft pick we will be without in April...

the thing with Gaither is that he came in the supplemental draft... when he left UMD, I was begging for the Redskins to take him... they didnt...

I like how some JC defenders couldn't even figure out this thread started in 2007. They just jumped in and started blindly defending him without realizing they could have just cut and pasted excuses from two years before.

Me? I just hope we're not bumping this thread two years from today.

I like how some JC defenders couldn't even figure out this thread started in 2007. They just jumped in and started blindly defending him without realizing they could have just cut and pasted excuses from two years before.

Me? I just hope we're not bumping this thread two years from today.

Not only can you do that, but I did replacing Saunders/Gibbs with Zorn and a different receiver or two.

I did the same thing last year in 2008 as well.

Exactly the same comments, 3 years straight.

this was the best bump of the season so far.

mistertim is still bringing the lols. im not even sure if hes typed a new thought, or he has just been copying and pasting his own quotes from this thread into the current campbell debate threads.

extremely telling though, and just further proves that campbell is getting the exact same excuses now that he was 2 years ago. same ****, different year.

Is it the same ****y line?

Same ****. Same OL.

If you want Campbell to go based on his play, I'm guessing you want Samuels, Dock, Rabach, Thomas, and Heyer gone too, cus they're far worse than Campbell.

His biggest problem is fear. When the game is on the line, he doesn't want the ball. When he is able to call his own number to run on 4th and short, he hands the ball off. When he can change to a pass from a draw, he hands it off to someone else. Winners want the ball. He either runs away from the responsibility or chokes when the the ball is in his hands with the game on the line. Maybe he'll improve, but there is absolutely no reason to think so at this point based on performance so far.

Pretty much nailed it 2 years ago. Nothing changes. When we get near the redzone he'd rather hand off to Betts on 3rd and 8, or on the final play of the game throw to the 20 instead of in the endzone. He consistently throws to the guy short of first down. Refuses to throw into the end zone. He doesn't want to be "the guy". Maybe thats why Zorn called the HB pass on 3rd and goal weeks ago. Campbell won't try to win so Zorn lets Portis go for it.

];6899165']Is it the same ****y line?

Same ****. Same OL.

If you want Campbell to go based on his play' date=' I'm guessing you want Samuels...[/quote']

WHOA! Stop right there. Shut your ____ filthy mouth. Samuels is an elite LT, even when he's all messed up he's still in the top 10. Campbell and his career are not fit to lick the shoes of Samuels and HONESTLY, not Dockery, Rabach (who had to take over line calls from Jason) or Thomas (who gave up his body for this team) or anyone else. Only Heyer is as bad at his position and that's generally run blocking.

I love it, even when it's shoved in your face you still bash the entire team to protect your Lord and Savior. Will you check his buttpads for benchmarks after he gets the hook and rises again, I wonder (off the waiver wire) ?

And on the third day, the Raiders did sign him from the waiver wire...where he was still beaten out for the starting job. But just as man does not live by bread alone, so too does a team not live by touchdowns, points, big plays, victories or playoff appearances but by every checkdown from the hand of the Lord. Thus spoketh JC.

We will never know exactly how good Campbell could have been. Danny and Vinny brought in a coach and an offense that was completely unsuited for Campbell's strenghts. If Danny knew the first thing about football and based his decisions on his knowledge rather than an itch to use flashy wide receivers more, then he wouldn't have hired a WCO coach given that Campbell is much more suited for the vertical passing game, as drafted by Gibbs. So, Campbell may or may not be the QB of our future, but because of the mismatch between scheme and personnel, he will be leaving at the end of this year and we will never know.

Archived