Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbells Problem

HateNMyEyez

Good QBs have good lines. You won't find a single good quarterback who has a line as crappy as ours has been.

Thank you! That's what I've said over and over. And something else not mentioned in this thread, single teamed, double teamed, tripled team, people who were at the games who see what viewers on television can't have constantly posted that the receivers are NOT getting open. Jason had four good targets at Auburn and he spread the ball around very well.

I hated to see Campbell go down with an injury, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. Jason Campbell's injury will force him to watch from the sidelines, how Al Saunders's Offense should be executed and Todd Collins is just the guy to do it! I can't think of a better way for Campbell to learn the offensive system that Saunders promotes than to allow him to watch how Todd Collins executes it. Play-offs here we come!

Campbell definitely needs to be quicker on his reads, but for those who are saying "Well Brady can do it and Manning can do it" that is a hopeless comparison. No one said Campbell will be the next Brady or the next Manning.

His progressions need to happen faster. He can read defenses fine, he just needs to do it before the play and if they disguise it he needs to recognize this faster. It takes time to adjust to the pro game. Saunders offensive scheme is ridiculously complicated. But when it's mastered even career back ups can run it effectively (see Todd Collins and Trent Green).

Thank you! That's what I've said over and over. And something else not mentioned in this thread, single teamed, double teamed, tripled team, people who were at the games who see what viewers on television can't have constantly posted that the receivers are NOT getting open. Jason had four good targets at Auburn and he spread the ball around very well.

All I ever hear are excuses for Campbell. Can you please explain how Collins managed to put up 24 points in just over two quarters? I don't want to hear how he will do in his next start, just tell me how he managed that? Take into account the Skins had about 30 rushing yards and that is amazing. You can't even begin to tell me JC would have done the same because he had 2 quarters and did nothing! Can ANYONE show me stats on how Campbell has improved this year? I will have more stats proving he has gotten worse or maybe just stayed the same.. that means BAD!

All I ever hear are excuses for Campbell. Can you please explain how Collins managed to put up 24 points in just over two quarters? I don't want to hear how he will do in his next start, just tell me how he managed that? Take into account the Skins had about 30 rushing yards and that is amazing. You can't even begin to tell me JC would have done the same because he had 2 quarters and did nothing! Can ANYONE show me stats on how Campbell has improved this year? I will have more stats proving he has gotten worse or maybe just stayed the same.. that means BAD!

Campbell has 10/16 for 116 yards I believe.

I think Campbell is a square peg that is trying to be forced into a triangle hole that is this offense. Campbell's release is just too damn slow. Once he sees the open receiver, by the time the ball is actually coming out of his hand, the "window" where the receiver was open has either shut completely or is very small resulting in low completion percentage. More than anything, Campbell's complete lack of ability to hit a receiver deep in stride bothers me. It doesn't matter if he can throw the ball 100 yards if he can't throw it accurately.

Campbell has 10/16 for 116 yards I believe.

I think Campbell is a square peg that is trying to be forced into a triangle hole that is this offense. Campbell's release is just too damn slow. Once he sees the open receiver, by the time the ball is actually coming out of his hand, the "window" where the receiver was open has either shut completely or is very small resulting in low completion percentage. More than anything, Campbell's complete lack of ability to hit a receiver deep in stride bothers me. It doesn't matter if he can throw the ball 100 yards if he can't throw it accurately.

So you consider 60% to be a low Completion Percentage??

I hated to see Campbell go down with an injury, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. Jason Campbell's injury will force him to watch from the sidelines, how Al Saunders's Offense should be executed and Todd Collins is just the guy to do it! I can't think of a better way for Campbell to learn the offensive system that Saunders promotes than to allow him to watch how Todd Collins executes it. Play-offs here we come!

Exxxxactly

What is the main thing that ALL GOOD QB's have ? A GOOD O-LINE. Do you guys really think that Tom Brady is so good that he would play the same with our O-LINE ? When ever NE has come close to losing this year teams were able to get to TB meaning that the O-LINE was breaking down.

I wish nothing but the best for us with TC starting this week, but if you watched his passes on Thur. night they didn't seem to have much on them. Maybe if you can make quick reads you can get away with those passes I don't know. I really don't expect much of a deep ball passing game from him. I HOPE that I'm wrong.

You have to go back and look at most of JC int's or fumbles. The INT's for the most part he was running or just threw a bad pass. Go back to the Dallas game at the end. He throws that ball a few more yards to the inside for ARE and we win, but also look at that throw he was on the run. Hell if he just runs he might have got a first or gotten in for a TD. The fumbles except for a few he was hit from behind standing IN THE POCKET LOOKING DOWN THE FIELD TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY. The one thing that I think JC should work on is stepping up in the pocket. If you noticed most of the sacks have come from our DE getting beat. The teams speed rush our ends and JC has a habit of backing up instead of stepping up and steps right into the sack.

So you consider 60% to be a low Completion Percentage??

If your yards per attempt is sitting at 6.5 then 60% is absolutely a low completion pct. Take a look at the QB stats and see where 60% completion pct and 6.5 yds/attempt rank. Both are extremely low and to be the owner of both of those stats is pitiful!!

If your yards per attempt is sitting at 6.5 then 60% is absolutely a low completion pct. Take a look at the QB stats and see where 60% completion pct and 6.5 yds/attempt rank. Both are extremely low and to be the owner of both of those stats is pitiful!!

What instrument did you play in your high school's band?

What instrument did you play in your high school's band?

I guess that was supposed to be funny - that needs work too, I see your humor percentage is as bad as Campbells comp pct (please keep your day job). I do see you can't really address my facts or the main fact I am right!!! Ahhhhh life is so sweet when you are right!

I guess that was supposed to be funny - that needs work too, I see your humor percentage is as bad as Campbells comp pct (please keep your day job). I do see you can't really address my facts or the main fact I am right!!! Ahhhhh life is so sweet when you are right!

It was a simple question.

If you think TC will do any better, than we'll see this Sunday. Things on backups tend to go bad once there is some tape available on them.

In 2005 Brett Favre had a comp % of 61 and YPA of 6.4. In 2006 it was even worse. Should they have just gotten rid of this bum right then and there since that obviously means he is a bad QB or should they try to actually give him a decent supporting cast? I'm assuming they're glad they gave him a good supporting cast because in 05 and 06 his O line was awful and he had nobody decent to throw to and zero running game. Then they finally get some solid talent at those spots and look how he is doing this year.

Our O line has been injured and, at the very best, erratic this year...but usually very poor, in run blocking and pass protection. We have no real #1 WR and pretty much no real #2. Moss hasn't had a season anywhere near his 05 since then and is often injured. ARE is a good slot guy but not really a true #2 or #1 WR. Nobody ever expected him to be. He is also often hurt this year. We have a carousel of WRs coming through. For a while Thrash, who is a career #3 and ST guy, was our #1. Then we lost him too. McCardell is doing ok but he is also 37 years old. Caldwell is passable. None are over 6 feet or are athletic enough to win jump balls. Our only consistent receiving option is Cooley. We also can't get the ground game going with any regularity. Doesn't generally matter how good a QB is. If he has poor protection, no go to guys for passing, and a poor running game he is going to struggle.

In 2005 Brett Favre had a comp % of 61 and YPA of 6.4. In 2006 it was even worse. Should they have just gotten rid of this bum right then and there since that obviously means he is a bad QB or should they try to actually give him a decent supporting cast? I'm assuming they're glad they gave him a good supporting cast because in 05 and 06 his O line was awful and he had nobody decent to throw to and zero running game. Then they finally get some solid talent at those spots and look how he is doing this year.

Our O line has been injured and, at the very best, erratic this year...but usually very poor, in run blocking and pass protection. We have no real #1 WR and pretty much no real #2. Moss hasn't had a season anywhere near his 05 since then and is often injured. ARE is a good slot guy but not really a true #2 or #1 WR. Nobody ever expected him to be. He is also often hurt this year. We have a carousel of WRs coming through. For a while Thrash, who is a career #3 and ST guy, was our #1. Then we lost him too. McCardell is doing ok but he is also 37 years old. Caldwell is passable. None are over 6 feet or are athletic enough to win jump balls. Our only consistent receiving option is Cooley. We also can't get the ground game going with any regularity. Doesn't generally matter how good a QB is. If he has poor protection, no go to guys for passing, and a poor running game he is going to struggle.

Great research and response. :applause:

We've now seen what Favre can do with a supporting cast. Campbell hasn't been doing bad since he's started, but he hasn't been great like some of us expected right away. I hope we get to see what he can do with some healthy players around him.

Ok it HAS to be said - you are an idiot! By bringing Favre in into the mix, you are comparing Campbell to him? I hate to use such a harsh word as idiot but I have to in this case. Favre would be the first to tell you he stunk in 2005/2006 and he did. However he is a HOF QB with a PROVEN track record. I can't believe you would try to compare JC to one of the best QBs ever. Amazing. Can your membership to Extrem Skins be revoked? I have to say that your post might be the dumbest thing I have ever read - EVER !!

Ok it HAS to be said - you are an idiot! By bringing Favre in into the mix, you are comparing Campbell to him? I hate to use such a harsh word as idiot but I have to in this case. Favre would be the first to tell you he stunk in 2005/2006 and he did. However he is a HOF QB with a PROVEN track record. I can't believe you would try to compare JC to one of the best QBs ever. Amazing. Can your membership to Extrem Skins be revoked? I have to say that your post might be the dumbest thing I have ever read - EVER !!

I heard they're making another sequel to "Grumpy Old Men."

This one's called, "Grumpy Middle-Aged Men."

Auditions are Tuesday.

Anyway. The poster had a well thought out point about how much a supporting cast matters to a quarterback. Favre was doing terribly because he had no team. Campbell has nothing on offense not named "Cooley", including his line.

Generally memberships to ES are revoked or suspended for personal attacks and things of that nature (namecalling, etc), but feel free to PM a mod and ask if mine can be revoked because you don't like what I said. I'm sure they'll sympathize with your plight.

Let us go ahead and address the "meat", as it were, of your post now. What I said didn't actually fly over your head. It seems you caught it, pulled it down, and then slapped yourself in the face with it. You basically just made my own case for me. If a future HOF QB like Brett Favre struggles quite a bit when he has a horrible supporting cast, is it really that surprising that a young QB who is still learning is struggling with a surrounding cast that is injured and mediocre at best?

By calling people names, you are embarrassing yourself.

I believe his point is that there have been other qbs that have had some tough times due to a lack of support around them. Once they receive some support, ie a line that gives him time and a receiving corps that's barely too tall to be a jockey for the kentucky derby, Campbell's numbers will improve; like Favre's has this season.

Coming from the guy who thinks Betts is a better back than CP.:doh:

Generally memberships to ES are revoked or suspended for personal attacks and things of that nature (namecalling, etc), but feel free to PM a mod and ask if mine can be revoked because you don't like what I said. I'm sure they'll sympathize with your plight.

Let us go ahead and address the "meat", as it were, of your post now. What I said didn't actually fly over your head. It seems you caught it, pulled it down, and then slapped yourself in the face with it. You basically just made my own case for me. If a future HOF QB like Brett Favre struggles quite a bit when he has a horrible supporting cast, is it really that surprising that a young QB who is still learning is struggling with a surrounding cast that is injured and mediocre at best?

I like your attempt at being clever, but you didn't address anything. You are comparing a HOF QB to a QB who has done nothing in the NFL. Here let me help you out. Favre had a HOF career before 2005 so sure he gets a pass on 1 or 2 bad years. Just what has JC ever done that would allow you to compare him to Favre. You're young and obviously need to watch more football to understand. To be honest, if ES took my membership away, they would be doing me a favor. Trying to debate someone with very little actual football knowledge is too frustrating.

Archived