Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbells Problem

HateNMyEyez

I think the only problem i see with campbell being a young starting Qb is that he intends to go to Cooley and moss instead of spreading it out. Like the 2 INts he threw in the tb and dallas game that cost us, he tried to force it to santana moss in double coverage to a small WR. campbell needs to hit the open WR, once he starts doing that, hes gonna be a really scary Qb

I think the only problem i see with campbell being a young starting Qb is that he intends to go to Cooley and moss instead of spreading it out. Like the 2 INts he threw in the tb and dallas game that cost us, he tried to force it to santana moss in double coverage to a small WR. campbell needs to hit the open WR, once he starts doing that, hes gonna be a really scary Qb

Naw he is trying to rush throws because he doesnt have any time. His o-line has been horrible and he's been getting hit. He threw those picks becuase he was trying to rush his throws becuase he doesnt have any team.

wasn't it actually ARE that he forced the pass to that newman picked off? Dude has been under constant pressure, what games have you been watching?? McCardell and Caldwell have been getting a few catches per game as well so how do you figure he's not spreading the ball around?

i cant agree with that, he has the same oline as todd collins and todd collins was fine. Campbell needs to make quicker reads and hit the open WR instead of forcing it to cooley and moss

Todd Collins was getting hit in the bears game thursday as well. Thats just one game. Campbell been playing with that o-line for games and he's been getting tore up. You'll see collins get tore up next week as well. In the green bay game campbell had a good game with the same numbers collins had.

You don't think he's spreading it out? How? One thing I really remember about him lately is the fact that he's been spreading the ball out. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Thrash, Caldwell, McCardell......those guys have all had a pretty good piece of the pie these past few games.

randle el threw one of the pics yes, but campbell forced a ball to ARE in the dallas game that was picked off by newman.

He threw the pick becuase he was trying to rush the throw. He has been hit all season thats why he is trying to rush his throws. Tampa, Patriots, New York and dallas has been laying the wood to campbell. He is trying to get rid of the ball quicker.you'll see with todd when the heat is on.

homers and dreamers need to wake up. Campbells only problem is CAMPBELL. He is slow. He cannot read NFL defenses nearly as well or fast as Manning, Brady, or even Todd Collins. Jason is a nice kid but some people who end up as QB's are just slow. They don't process information like other people. Montana was a 500 gigabyte computer. So is Brady and Manning. People like Campbell and other average QB's are 80 kilabyte computer hardrives compared to the big boys.

Yes Jason looks good on the outside. He is shiny and new with a big arm and a super sweet personality...but when you fire up that bad boy and try to process information you are on a land line competing with DSL.

Just like how the great Mark Rypien and Doug Williams were being held back by Coach Gibbs, right?

Yep, that was a different Gibbs in those days. Gibbs would attack then, he doesn't now. How do you get on the one yard line in two different games and not put up 6 on the board? I'll tell you why, because every one in the league now knows that when the Redskins are in the RedZone they are going to run. That's predictable. That's been Gibbs' fault. Not Saunders, Not Lazor, Not Campbell, but Gibbs. Also in those days (forgive me for saying this) Gibbs would've known not to call two time outs in a row. :helmet:

Just like how the great Mark Rypien and Doug Williams were being held back by Coach Gibbs, right?

Gibbs I and Gibbs II are two completely different people. This Gibbs is not the same person, he expects to hold on to a 10 point lead from the 2nd quarter all the way to the last second. That is sheer stupidity. Gibbs only coaches good when his team is down. When they get lead is switches to conservative and tries to hold on to it.

homers and dreamers need to wake up. Campbells only problem is CAMPBELL. He is slow. He cannot read NFL defenses nearly as well or fast as Manning, Brady,

Are you serious? laugh.gif

Did you really just say Jason Campbell is slow because after playing 20 games he should be able to read defenses as well as Peyton Manning (156 games) or Tom Brady (108 games)?

Here's a couple other QB's who should be able to read defenses just as well as Manning or Brady:

Gus Frerotte (134 games)

Vinny Testaverde (231 games)

Trent Green (117 games)

Rodney Peete (109 games)

These QB's couldn't read a defense as quick as Brady OR Manning in at least 5 times the games that JC has played and you want JC to read defenses like Brady and Manning now?

Todd Collins was getting hit in the bears game thursday as well. Thats just one game. Campbell been playing with that o-line for games and he's been getting tore up. You'll see collins get tore up next week as well. In the green bay game campbell had a good game with the same numbers collins had.

Yeah but Collins stood and took the shot and got the ball off.

Campbell fumbles..

homers and dreamers need to wake up. Campbells only problem is CAMPBELL. He is slow. He cannot read NFL defenses nearly as well or fast as Manning, Brady, or even Todd Collins. Jason is a nice kid but some people who end up as QB's are just slow. .

Yea man, after less than two years of starting in the NFL, it is completely reasonable to assume he's not getting any better. After all, Brady and Manning were just as good in their second years starting as they are now. And Todd Collins? Really man? Really? :doh:

Yep, that was a different Gibbs in those days. Gibbs would attack then, he doesn't now. How do you get on the one yard line in two different games and not put up 6 on the board? I'll tell you why, because every one in the league now knows that when the Redskins are in the RedZone they are going to run. That's predictable. That's been Gibbs' fault. Not Saunders, Not Lazor, Not Campbell, but Gibbs. Also in those days (forgive me for saying this) Gibbs would've known not to call two time outs in a row. :helmet:

Neither of those INT's at the end of the game (vs. Bucs and cowboys) were play calls by Coach Gibbs. JC made the mistake and he's being a man and taking the blame. I thought that's what we were talking about. Goaline playcalling is another debate.

Gibbs I and Gibbs II are two completely different people. This Gibbs is not the same person, he expects to hold on to a 10 point lead from the 2nd quarter all the way to the last second. That is sheer stupidity. Gibbs only coaches good when his team is down. When they get lead is switches to conservative and tries to hold on to it.

Coach is still the same person. Now Al Saunders is calling the plays and he wasn't attacking anyone when he had a lead until the Bears. What exactly does he do to coach good when we're down? What does he do to coach bad when we're up? He's not calling offensive or defensive plays, so why is he getting the blame?

Neither of those INT's at the end of the game (vs. Bucs and cowboys) were play calls by Coach Gibbs. JC made the mistake and he's being a man and taking the blame. I thought that's what we were talking about. Goaline playcalling is another debate.

INTs are a natural part of the growth process of any young QB. With Brady, Manning, Palmer and any other elite QB in the league they all threw picks in their young careers. If you want to talk about those games look @it like this: we had a chance to win both of those games with Campbell @the helm. We had a depleted secondary in the Cowboys game and we still almost won with Campbell. The Bucs barely beat us as well. Of course Campbell would take the blame, he's not dumb enough to throw his head coach under the bus.

Here is something else to consider: For weeks Gibbs has talked about how games are going to be played close and that every win is going to be a close game. Yet on the NFL network, Portis himself said that the players had a meeting saying that they don't want everything to be close. :helmet:

THIS ISN'T GIBBS ONE! I'm sorry, but people need to stop comparing Gibbs to Gibbs his first time around. I love what he did back then, I have enormous respect for the man, but he does not coach the way he used to.

Archived