Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we root for the skins to loose?

50yrSKINSfan

Hi. Have to admit I found myself saying to my son during last nites game, "typical skins, now that they are out of it they win a game when maybe they should loose so they can get a higher #1 draft choice." I did enjoy seeing the skins win but I was torn between the win and a higher draft choice. Did anyone else have the same feelings?

Hi. Have to admit I found myself saying to my son during last nites game, "typical skins, now that they are out of it they win a game when maybe they should loose so they can get a higher #1 draft choice."
I can only assume that you are not a Skins fan if you root for them to lose football games.

In theory when its all said and done if we dont make the playoffs then we may wish we lost more to have a higher pick in hindsight - all teams wish they had the best pick possible......thats obvious. But....NO WAY DO I EVER ROOT AGAINST THE SKINS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I dont care how bad we are or whats at stake. I always want them to win...probably TOO MUCH to be honest. The Redskins are absolutely a bigger part of my life than they probably should be LOL. I can never turn them off or root against them....but I will criticize the players, coaches, scheme, FO...etc. Thats part of being a fan.

Rooting against them....Its just not in my blood.

It would be like cheating on my wife. Its uncomprehendable.

Are you kidding. First of all as a skins fan you NEVER root for the skins to lose even if you go into the last game 0-15. However don't look now but if we win the next 3 games we are in the thick of things for the playoffs. You can look at the glass as half full or half empty here. half empty when we mention playoffs, we start laughing our asses off and half full we say man this team has lost 5 games when leading at half time and 3 games in the final seconds. In otherwords we are do.

You never root for the skins to lose. Never. If we were 2-12 this year I'd still want to win out.

More, this team is cursed with the worst imagineable luck. From bizzarre penalties, to bizzarre judgements, to injuries and even off the field sorrows. This team needs positive beliefs and not this endless torrent of inevitable doom.

Hi. Have to admit I found myself saying to my son during last nites game, "typical skins, now that they are out of it they win a game when maybe they should loose so they can get a higher #1 draft choice." I did enjoy seeing the skins win but I was torn between the win and a higher draft choice. Did anyone else have the same feelings?

And you call yourself a fan? :doh:

It's a disgusting thought. They win out and they go to the playoffs. And it's lose.

O.K. so you guys are saying that you would rather win a meaningless game in December against another loosing team than have maybe one of the top 3 or 4 players in the draft?

To make the playoffs all we need to do is win out and have Arizona and Detroit each lose ONE game. That's it and we're in. And Detroit plays Dallas this week, with Arizona playing Seattle.

I literally sat there confused last night. With Campbell out I felt hopeless but then Todd Collins came in and did a solid job. If they beat the Giants I'll get real into playoff possibilities otherwise I care more about the draft. I don't know if Collins performance was a career game but it was encouraging

Archived