Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we root for the skins to loose?

50yrSKINSfan

In theory when its all said and done if we dont make the playoffs then we may wish we lost more to have a higher pick in hindsight - all teams wish they had the best pick possible......thats obvious. But....NO WAY DO I EVER ROOT AGAINST THE SKINS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I dont care how bad we are or whats at stake. I always want them to win...probably TOO MUCH to be honest. The Redskins are absolutely a bigger part of my life than they probably should be LOL. I can never turn them off or root against them....but I will criticize the players, coaches, scheme, FO...etc. Thats part of being a fan.

Rooting against them....Its just not in my blood.

It would be like cheating on my wife. Its uncomprehendable.

I think I like this post. Yeah, that looks good.

Hi. Have to admit I found myself saying to my son during last nites game, "typical skins, now that they are out of it they win a game when maybe they should loose so they can get a higher #1 draft choice." I did enjoy seeing the skins win but I was torn between the win and a higher draft choice. Did anyone else have the same feelings?

Perhaps you should change your username to "50yrSKINSfairweatherfan".

Sorry, bro - I don't think that's even a word. Incomprehensible is the word you're looking for. ;)

..And for the record, couldn't imagine rooting for the Skins to lose. We're still alive, OP.

Ha!!!! Well i guess maybe i created a word...j/k. I didnt think it was a word....but it sure sounds good. :D

HTTR!

Hi. Have to admit I found myself saying to my son during last nites game, "typical skins, now that they are out of it they win a game when maybe they should loose so they can get a higher #1 draft choice." I did enjoy seeing the skins win but I was torn between the win and a higher draft choice. Did anyone else have the same feelings?

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS???:doh:

It aint over til its over, and when its over you still dont quit. PERIOD:doh:

Yes, I want the Skins to be loose. They need to make sure they always warm up properly. Hammy injuries can be a pain.

Surely you didnt mean lose, because then I would have to start breaking things.

Wow, we are in the playoff hunt and you had to make this difficult choice of whether or not you want a team that you root for to loose. Hmmm. I never ever want my team to loose, no matter how high in the draft we go. In fact, it really is not as important as people make it out to be.

I can say that I will be rooting for Dallas this weekend. Now excuse me, I have to go wash my mouth out for saying that....I feel dirty.

O.K. so you guys are saying that you would rather win a meaningless game in December against another loosing team than have maybe one of the top 3 or 4 players in the draft?

It is only meaningless to you. All games carry meaning to the players, as well as the real fans. A sense of respect, a sense of never giving up. LOSING this, you end up being a perpetual LOSER who doesnt even know how to spell.

Pitiful loser mentality.

Your kid though. You can teach him what you wish.

I can never root for the Skins to lose.. It's not in my blood. I'd rather have a win than a chance at a player you really don't know will pan out (ie. Heath Shuler, Pat Ramsey, Desmond Howard, LaVar (i hate to say), shall i go on?)..

"You play to win the games!!"

please tell me that this is a joke or that your son hit you in the head with hit toy hammer or something (seeing your age, when your son was younger). how can someone rationalize rooting against your team?

O.K. so you guys are saying that you would rather win a meaningless game in December against another loosing team than have maybe one of the top 3 or 4 players in the draft?

1. Even if we lose the rest of the season there are still teams with worse records so our draft spot won't be that great

2. NOBODY sacrifies wins for a better draft pick

3. :stick: Shame on you that you suggest the Skins lose. NEVER wish the skins to lose.

4. have you watched any NFL coverage? Who is saying we have NO Chance at the playoffs? Nobody because we are still in it. If we win out we are IN and that is the bottom line.

Why would you root for the Redskins to lose, we want them to win especially a game out of the playofffs, what you should be doing is rooting for the Giants, Lions, Buccaneers, Vikings and the Cardinals to lose. Screw the draft pic, no matter where they are at, they will figure something out as far as who to draft so no worries there!

what are you talking about. were 1 game now a 1/2 game out of the playoffs. why would you give up on the season already. just dont make sense to me.

Archived