Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know Sean can't be replaced but check out these F/A D-linemen,(M.E.T.)

xX2PORTIS6Xx

Check out these Free agent D-lineman, Wow the top 3 would help out a ton. I doubt any will make it past being franchised but it would be nice. Also I was watching Washington Post Live and Charlie Casserly was on, he said he was speaking to teams around the league and he asked them about the skins, these teams said the reskins need and I quote "a big time reciever".Who would we go after?Maybe Roy Williams of the Lions.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsDL.html

We need to get personnel that actually fit the scheme. For example if Gregg wants to run a Cover 2, then big guys like Golston and Monty shouldn't be here.

Out of that group, Corey Williams is the best fit, becuase he won't be franchised and he gives us that interior pressure that we desperately need.

Out of the 3, I'd much rather have Allen. Suggs is a 3-4 OLB, and has decreased his sack production with every single year he's been in the league. Weird. Justin Smith, who i thought was good, only has 2 sacks so far this year, and is 28. Is that old? Not particularly, but considering Allen is 25 and has almost 6 times as many sacks (11.5) as Smith does right now, I'd say Allen is much better. Not to mention, he's consistent; over his four year career in the league, he has posted: 9, 11, 7.5, and now 11.5 sacks so far this year. I mean, come on, i do believe that this is a no-brainer. Get him and then get an OL, WR, or FS in the draft with first day picks, probably BPA out of those 3 positions.

how about we stop playing fantasy franchise and run it properly. We are to a decent start with how quiet we were in the 2007 offseason. London and Smoot were definitely solid pick ups. Getting guys like Heyer, Alexander, and Torrence were solid moves, as well as drafting Blades who's proven to be a nice reserve LB.

Instead of all those guys, I'd rather have Chris Long or some other good DE. This team has learned it's lesson by now, say no to overpriced free agents and no to trading good draft picks.

Assuming we don't have that 4th rounder, and whatever we lose for the Kendall trade (ill assume a 5th), we have a 1, 2, 3, 6, 7. It should definitely be DE, WR, Oline, Oline, Oline. I think we have solid d-line depth, but just need a better started at RE. On o-line, start drafting guys to groom for the future. A 3rd rounder can easily start, the 6th and 7th could try to work themselves up along with Heyer.

I'm more worried about the secondary than the o-line. Who knows what will happen to Springs, Rogers may not be fully healthy for well into next year if ever, Smoot is always banged up, I don't see Doughty as a long term fix. Whether through the draft or through free agency, the secondary needs some help.

Assuming we don't have that 4th rounder, and whatever we lose for the Kendall trade (ill assume a 5th), we have a 1, 2, 3, 6, 7. It should definitely be DE, WR, Oline, Oline, Oline. I think we have solid d-line depth, but just need a better started at RE. On o-line, start drafting guys to groom for the future. A 3rd rounder can easily start, the 6th and 7th could try to work themselves up along with Heyer.

I agree with addressing our o-line in the draft. The four starters on our O-line are over 30. They aren't getting younger and I wouldn't want to count on all of them playing a full season. As far as our d-line goes.... Our pass rush is far from consistent.

It would be nice if Anthony Mix turned out to be a player. Giants fans were pretty upset to se him go.

Jared Allen is most likely gonna be Franchised and if not, I doubt we can afford the bidding war that will ensue.

I agree, we can't afford Allen. I just don't see getting better in FA without breaking the bank. I think we will have to use the draft to get better along the defensive line

I agree with addressing our o-line in the draft. The four starters on our O-line are over 30. They aren't getting younger and I wouldn't want to count on all of them playing a full season. As far as our d-line goes.... Our pass rush is far from consistent.

It would be nice if Anthony Mix turned out to be a player. Giants fans were pretty upset to se him go.

Makes you wonder why Palmer was drafted maybe it should have been O or D line depth.

Makes you wonder why Palmer was drafted maybe it should have been O or D line depth.

There wasnt much at that pick for DL or OL (at least no one who made their team) who was picked after him.

Corey Hilliard maybe, OT out of Oklahoma i think...drafted by the Pats but is with the Colts I think now, but thats about it...

jared allen will be an awesome player but might be to expensive given our sad cap situation and potentially might have issues at RE,or we move carter to RE and he has issues,I don't like doing either,but it would be a good problem not a bad one.

Justin Smith will be cheaper better against the run and has played entires seasons at RE&LE. not as flashy but will be cheaper

can't go wrong,but I'd prefer smith,he'd bring a balance to RE

Suggs may be too small.....Allen would be a good player, but I am slightly concerned about his suspension history.

At receiver Berrian could be interesting, but doesn't provide the physical presense we need.

At safety Doss is worth keeping an eye on. Cerrato wanted him the year we drafted Jacobs.

I just hope we draft in the first round Kenny Phillips! A Sean Taylor type player in the making. It's almost scary how many things these 2 have in common. Trust me I checked his stats and whole background this guy is a impact player forsure! Please god let the skins draft him.

I'm going to be to the point. We do not need to get into any bidding wars over Any Defensive Lineman. Period. We have a draft, we need to draft a young talent to groom or start right away at DE or DT not worry about breaking the piggy bank on a FA. If we have to pay for a Defensive Free Agent, it should be a Corner back or Safety. Period.

This is my UFA wish list (and not dreaming):

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals WR

Max Starks, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers OT

Domonique Foxworth, RFA, Denver Broncos CB

Draft:

Marcus Monk, Arkansas WR

Adam Kraus, Michigan OG

Chris Ellis, Virginia Tech DE

Kenny Phillips*, FS/SS, Miami (wishful thinking)

I don't like spending big bucks on free agent DE's. By the time they hit free agency they've usually already seen their best days.

In fantasy offseason land, I'd spend bucks on Albert Haynesworth, a monster in the middle and DPOY candidate. Griffin is done and Montgomery/Golston are starting to look like what they are....6th round draft picks.

Then draft a DE like Long or Campbell in the first, a CB in the second, and use the rest of the draft on OL.

Round it out by signing FA WR Bryant Johnson, big and talented but stuck behind Boldin and Fitzgerald in AZ.

Archived