Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex/M&T Bank

CBass1724

This is embarrassing.......but, to try to raise the iq level around here to something above room temperature, here are the forbes links.

Jerry Jones......net worth $1 Billion. Oil.

Dan Snyder.....net worth $500 million

Please don't go acting stupid to the cowboys message board, and acting like Dan Snyder has nearly as much money as Jerry Jones does.

We don't need to look anymore ignorant.

http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/10/2004/LIR.jhtml?passListId=10&passYear=2004&passListType=Person&uniqueId=40WD&datatype=Person

and apparently a higher quality sound system

I know someone involved with the sound systems of both stadiums. Yes, they were put in by the same company. Basically Baltimore had public funds to do it right, but JKC was spending his own money and went on the cheap.

To my understanding the sound has been upgraded somewhat by Snyder, but the whole original FedEx experience was all about getting it built and saving money.

As to the PSLs, Baltimore fans may still be ahead in that deal. It's a one-time cost that you can sell back or pass on to the next seat holder if you give up your seats, as I understand it. And the other consideration in that equation would be to take into account the season ticket prices where the Skins surely must be higher.

But comparing stadium to stadium, MT&T is a clear cut winner. Right down to the light rail station right outside the stadium.

Maybe a redo in DC would solve the debate. Once Jerrah's new hole-in-the-roof opens, Dan's gonna feel the urge for an upgrade.

This is embarrassing.......but, to try to raise the iq level around here to something above room temperature, here are the forbes links.

Jerry Jones......net worth $1 Billion. Oil.

Dan Snyder.....net worth $500 million

Please don't go acting stupid to the cowboys message board, and acting like Dan Snyder has nearly as much money as Jerry Jones does.

We don't need to look anymore ignorant.

Having a bad day? :laugh:

Jones is using tax dollars for roughly half of the reported 650M stadium last I saw.

I doubt that Snyder could get that out of the District.

and next he will have a BCS game. He gets what he wants.

Yup. I suspect that Jerry will easily convince the NCAA to either permanently locate the BCS National title game in Dallas, or bring the "Cotton" Bowl game back to national relevance by adding it into the rotation of the current "big four" BCS games while rotating the title game each year.

Don't forget about Final Four weekends in the new Dallas palace. Danny will also want those in addition to Superbowls in his new house.

:2cents:

Having a bad day? :laugh:

Jones is using tax dollars for roughly half of the reported 650M stadium last I saw.

I doubt that Snyder could get that out of the District.

Bad....no? Sad, yes.

I always believed that the Skins fanbase was more intelligent than most. But....it seems I was mistaken.

We have tons of fans that believe we have superbowl level talent....superbowl level coaching.....and a rich owner--rich beyond most all others in the league.

None of the three are true.

Just trying to point out fallacies.....and to make people aware that there are other teams in the league.

Yup. I suspect that Jerry will easily convince the NCAA to either permanently locate the BCS National title game in Dallas, or bring the "Cotton" Bowl game back to national relevance by adding it into the rotation of the current "big four" BCS games while rotating the title game each year.

Don't forget about Final Four weekends in the new Dallas palace. Danny will also want those in addition to Superbowls in his new house.

:2cents:

You are sadly correct. He has already said he wants the cotton bowl--that might be difficult.

But the ncaa has already narrowed down the list of nominees for future BCS games to only two--Dallas and Orlando.

And Orlando isn't getting it.

I've only been to two other stadiums, the Panthers and the Titans one. I didn't think the Panthers stadium was much of anything, but it was alright, a nice layout inside.

I loved the Titans stadium (I think it is LP Field now). They had concourses so people could walk around and stand. They had tables and benches on those concourses. It was a nice little layout within. They also did more for fan entertainment besides the game. Of course the obvious better jumbotron and sound system as well.

FedEx is just a giant bowl. Nothing creative or fancy about it.

You are sadly correct. He has already said he wants the cotton bowl--that might be difficult.

But the ncaa has already narrowed down the list of nominees for future BCS games to only two--Dallas and Orlando.

And Orlando isn't getting it.

He can easily get the Cotton Bowl game in it's current state of New Years Day worthlessness, and I can't imagine the CB comittee will want to remain at the crumbling Cotton Bowl site after 2009 w/ Jerry's place up the road in Arlington.

However, if the NCAA were to add the CB to the current "big four" BCS bowls of new years week, while awarding the national title game to one city rotating b/t Pasadena, Glendale, NO, Mia or Arlington, it's very feasible.

The Rose Bowl committee along w/the Big 10 and Pac 10 would all freak out that the Rose Bowl game would have to be revoked once every five years in order to host the NTL title game, but they'd get over it. $$$$ in Arlington.

Ya, Orlando aint got a prayer, let alone a state of the art facility.

Are you kidding? Ray Jay is really nice the ONLY problem I had with it was that the upper level is too far from the field.

I found the upper deck of Ray Jay to be a lot closer to the field than that of Raljon.

No complaints about the gameday experience in Tampa from my one visit in January of '06 when we won our playoff game.

M&T not only looks more impressive than FedEx, it is more state of the art in many aspects. I think moving back to DC in a dome and having some serious character would definitely change things.

The RCA Dome may be old and should soon be replaced, but it has a character that is hard to replace. The fact that when Peyton Manning wants it to be quiet the crowd goes silent is something we should aspire to.

We also need large overhangs over the stadium to keep the sound on the field. The Seahawks stadium is a perfect example.

Yup. Loudest place I've ever been. There's very little not to like about Qwest Field. Even the setting is great, as you're right next to downtown Seattle, and some of the tallest buildings in the city (Key Bank building, Municipal Tower) are just a few blocks away and clearly visible out of one end of the stadium.

FedEx would get significantly louder if Snyder covered the upper deck.

M&T not only looks more impressive than FedEx, it is more state of the art in many aspects. I think moving back to DC in a dome and having some serious character would definitely change things.

Change dome to retractable roof. No way our Redskins should play in a dome unless we have to. Retractable roof only for special events (Super Bowl, etc.).

Hopefully this happens in 2028 after the FedEx lease ends.... unless there is a way to sell the land and build a new one before then. I wouldn't count on that, though.

I wouldn't put too much stock in DC Mayor Adrian Fenty.The stadium deal for DC United fell thru, under his watch.Also don't forget the teeth being pulled for Nats Park,that may turn out to be the MLB version of FedEX (built on the cheap).

I wouldn't put too much stock in DC Mayor Adrian Fenty.The stadium deal for DC United fell thru, under his watch.Also don't forget the teeth being pulled for Nats Park,that may turn out to be the MLB version of FedEX (built on the cheap).

It was Fenty who first proposed the United's stadium at Poplar Point in SE.

It was also Fenty who scrapped the proposal shortly after his meeting w/Danny last spring when both made public that a return to the RFK site in the not so distant future is in fact feasible.

But ya, the sucess of the Nats new park will play a major role in determining if and when the Redskins will return to the RFK site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dictator

1). What do PSL's have anything to do with it? In the end, the $ averages out to be the roughly the same.

3). I'd says its a combo of both.

Wrong. On both counts.

Average ticket prices:

1. New England Patriots $127.56

2. Washington Redskins $126.03

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers $ 99.30

4. Chicago Bears $ 97.60

5. Denver Broncos $ 93.30

6. Philadelphia Eagles $ 92.50

7. Carolina Panthers $ 83.37

8. San Diego Chargers $ 80.02

9. Baltimore Ravens $ 79.48

That's a difference of $46.55/ticket

10 games is a difference of $465.50

A pair of lower level PSLs can be had for $5500 apiece today on craigslist.

Upper level 4th row for 2450 or 4900 for the pair.

I think you are wrong. Within about 10-12 years you pretty much pay off the PSL. The cost averages out over that time.

Archived