Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex/M&T Bank

CBass1724

FedEx is definitely better than Giants stadium - although that's going to be new next year. Gillette stadium is beautiful - but the absolute worst nightmare getting in/out of there. You can expect to spend an 1-1/2 hrs. or more just trying to get out of the parking lots there.

I'd love to get a stadium like the Cards have - retractable roof, retractable field.

I've never been to RFK for a football game - baseball only. Was the traffic a nightmare getting in & out of there back in the Skins days playing there?

I went to the Monday night game last night in Baltimore and it was my first time ever going to that stadium. My gf got us tickets thru Larry Izzo and has known him and his family for a very long time, so I got to go to the game for that reason.

I must say that Daniel Snyder should be embarrassed to have a stadium such as Fed-Ex Field with the amount of money he spends on everything else. M&T Bank Stadium blows our stadium away by far. It was nice to see a game where there are GINORMOUS jumbotrons on each end of the field that show REPLAYS after most, if not all the plays. They also played better music during breaks and the "moving the chains" sounds after first downs was pretty bad*****.

I am in no way a Ravens fan or a Patriots fan and had no vested interest in either team winning, but I must say as a fan of the NFL, that was the best time I ever had at a game as far as a fan experience is concerned.

With that stadium so close to ours, why hasn't Snyder one upped or at least made our stadium equal to theirs? After going to that game last night, it almost makes me not want to go back to FedEx until there are serious upgrades made.

I know some of Izzo's cousins in Raleigh, NC. You don't happen to know them, do you?

People. You must consider that Snyder DID NOT BUILD FEDEX FIELD. He has to accept the stadium that was part of the deal (and paid for). We all know he would do whatever it takes to improve the number of seats but I think he realizes Jumbotrons and other necessities just aren't going to happen.

How many times do we have to hear this?

Man I would love to see the Redskins back in DC. That is where our home is not Maryland. Its just like the New York Football Giants and New York Jets playing in New Jersey. Its just not home. DS please bring our team back to DC.

Last week the mayor of DC was on the Russ Parr morning show and he said that he is definitely tryin to get the Redskins back in DC. He said that he wants to build it wear RFK is. He also said that he has approached Daniel Snyder about it and Snyder said he will listen to any suggestions. As far as the 30 year contract we have with Fed Ex he said that that land is very valuable and Snyder could easily sell it. He basically said its a win win situation for both sides.

anytime you have 60-90k fans leaving at once you will have traffic problems.

FedEx is definitely better than Giants stadium - although that's going to be new next year. Gillette stadium is beautiful - but the absolute worst nightmare getting in/out of there. You can expect to spend an 1-1/2 hrs. or more just trying to get out of the parking lots there.

I'd love to get a stadium like the Cards have - retractable roof, retractable field.

I've never been to RFK for a football game - baseball only. Was the traffic a nightmare getting in & out of there back in the Skins days playing there?

Texas stadium is better than Fedex..I have been there

Agreed.

I found the gameday experience to be much easier there than in Landover.:mad:

If I could trade one for the other, I'd gladly take Texas Stadium and it's 1971 construction of 65,000 seats over our 92,000 seats circa 1997.

However, I've learned to accept FedEx for all of it's shortcomings. Easy tix are one major benefit.

:)

I take it this "License" is sold by the state and not by the team????

It actually is a Permanent Seat License. I think I called it by another name earlier and it is sold by the team. The Ravens say it is directly related to costs incurred by the team in its move to Baltimore.

while i love tailgating and i think that is the best asset of FedEx the parkinglots are setup for great tailgating i wish we our stadium in an area surrounded by bars and restuartants (ala Bmore).

Parking availability would be way less and the cost would be way higher if we had commercial establishments around FedEx like they do in Bmore.

The tailgating is definitely the best thing we have going on in Landover.

I fear that a move back to the RFK site will inevitably limit the parking and tailgating to premium seat holders only. However, a new bar scene could spring up on the H St. corridor in NE, which is definitely w/in walking distance of the RFK site.

Most of my buddies are Ravens fans, and I get free tickets, through work sometimes. I've been in the both the upper and lower bowls at M & T, (as well as RFK, FedEx, Kingdome, (I'm aging myself here), Memorial Stadium, etc and here's my take.

The venue at M&T is very nice, and the jumbotrons kick ass. The uppers are kinda lame, as they're so steep that you're knees hit your chin while your walking up there, but the views are good.

Unless you're in one of the few select lots, or a Corporate tent....tailgating in Baltimore sucks....grilling in alleys and behind abandoned warehouses, and in fire-hall garages.

One of the places that I tailgated in looked exactly like the scene in Dirty Harry, where Inspector Callahan is chasing the "Punk" through an old factory/warehouse. There was piles of old pallets, rusty metal, old bearings and trash. Needless to say, I quit counting rats, (the animal kind, not the Baltimore fan variety), at about 20. It was disgusting.

M & T has it over us in the Stadium dept. We have it over them in the tailgating dept.

Our fans, of course, are vastly superior.....

Parking availability would be way less and the cost would be way higher if we had commercial establishments around FedEx like they do in Bmore.

The tailgating is definitely the best thing we have going on in Landover.

I fear that a move back to the RFK site will inevitably limit the parking and tailgating to premium seat holders only. However, a new bar scene could spring up on the H St. corridor in NE, which is definitely w/in walking distance of the RFK site.

Do you have the feeling that Dan would buy up the surrounding area, insert his own retail establishments and bars, and rename it Snyderland? He could be the first owner in the league to have his own city!

Do you have the feeling that Dan would buy up the surrounding area, insert his own retail establishments and bars, and rename it Snyderland? He could be the first owner in the league to have his own city!

Sorry, but Robert Kraft is busy krafting his own retail city around Gillette Stadium as we type.

The new mall, hotels and conference ctr. will be known as Patriot Place in Foxboro, MA.

The construction is already a mess on gamedays, and it looks like the sprawling buildings will really hinder the gameday/tailgating experience for Pats fans.

I actually fished for a few opinions of some of the season ticket holders while I was up there for our slaying in Oct.

Most of those fans were venting frustration about the loss of ground level parking/tailgating room. When you're the best team in the land, most disatisfaction about the gameday experience is falls on deaf ears.

anytime you have 60-90k fans leaving at once you will have traffic problems.

True - but Foxboro is exceptional. There's only one way in, and one way out. One highway exit/entrance and before you get to the stadium, it's a 3 mile stretch of a 2 lane road that everyone has to use.

I've been to a number of other stadiums - always easier to get in & out.

Archived