Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex/M&T Bank

CBass1724

I went to the Monday night game last night in Baltimore and it was my first time ever going to that stadium. My gf got us tickets thru Larry Izzo and has known him and his family for a very long time, so I got to go to the game for that reason.

I must say that Daniel Snyder should be embarrassed to have a stadium such as Fed-Ex Field with the amount of money he spends on everything else. M&T Bank Stadium blows our stadium away by far. It was nice to see a game where there are GINORMOUS jumbotrons on each end of the field that show REPLAYS after most, if not all the plays. They also played better music during breaks and the "moving the chains" sounds after first downs was pretty bad*****.

I am in no way a Ravens fan or a Patriots fan and had no vested interest in either team winning, but I must say as a fan of the NFL, that was the best time I ever had at a game as far as a fan experience is concerned.

With that stadium so close to ours, why hasn't Snyder one upped or at least made our stadium equal to theirs? After going to that game last night, it almost makes me not want to go back to FedEx until there are serious upgrades made.

FedEx is nothing to brag about. It was built in a rush and is just a block of concrete. It's a bare bone stadium. Jack Kent Cooke built it out of spite because DC wasn't trying to fund a new stadium.

Snyder needs to build a new one back in dc.

The only thing I like about it is the Field (my friends dad built it and always looks prestene) and the capacity.

Fed Ex is a hole but you cannot blame Snyder -- he didn't build it. I believe as soon as he can we will get the biggest and best stadium man can make - that is just his mentality. I think it also important to point out however that M&T was paid for with state money and continues to be funded by state money.

As a paying season ticket holder for the Washington Redskins I want you to understand something.

1) Those Ravens season ticket holders must pay a PSL in order to have the RIGHT to purchase season tickets. We do not.

2) Maryland taxpayer dollars are spent for that stadium. The owner of the Washington Redskins owns the stadium at no cost to the average Maryland taxpayer.

3) It is the product on the field and not the appearance of the stadium that makes the gameday experience.

In short I have been to Ravens home games. We are missing one element that the Ravens have that I think we need. A jumbotron. That is all.

In short I have been to Ravens home games. We are missing one element that the Ravens have that I think we need. A jumbotron. That is all.

the seats are not layed out well at Fed Ex at all... that whole 200 level is a debacle.

I live right next to M&T and agree that it is not that much better either though...

Last week the mayor of DC was on the Russ Parr morning show and he said that he is definitely tryin to get the Redskins back in DC. He said that he wants to build it wear RFK is. He also said that he has approached Daniel Snyder about it and Snyder said he will listen to any suggestions. As far as the 30 year contract we have with Fed Ex he said that that land is very valuable and Snyder could easily sell it. He basically said its a win win situation for both sides.

As a paying season ticket holder for the Washington Redskins I want you to understand something.

1) Those Ravens season ticket holders must pay a PSL in order to have the RIGHT to purchase season tickets. We do not.

2) Maryland taxpayer dollars are spent for that stadium. The owner of the Washington Redskins owns the stadium at no cost to the average Maryland taxpayer.

3) It is the product on the field and not the appearance of the stadium that makes the gameday experience.

All there is to say.

FedEx is nothing to brag about. It was built in a rush and is just a block of concrete. It's a bare bone stadium. Jack Kent Cooke built it out of spite because DC wasn't trying to fund a new stadium.

Snyder needs to build a new one back in dc.

I kept asking myself why he made all the changes to FedEx - the obstructed view and dream seats along with the touchdown and tailgate clubs - if his ultimate plan was to move. Then again, that could be the reason why he did all that.

JKC had his heart on a new stadium after we played in the "Fish Bowl" (Dolphins Stadium) in 1987, the first year that Miami played there. At least that was the blueprint he wanted to have. While FedEx isn't nothing to brag about, there are worse places to play.

There are some things that can be done without any changes to the stadium; music and sounds are easy to change. As far as the replay screen is concerned, I'll break that into five "squares" with the minitron in square #2.

What needs to happen is to expand into squares three and four which should get us a nice, WIDE replay screen. The sponsors that current reside in those squares split space with squares 1 and 5 (the ends), adding them to the rotating banners if they are not already there in the first place.

The acoustics of retaining noise inside the park is a separate challenge for which I'm not sure if there is a quick fix.

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

I will be a paying season ticket holder as of next season.

I guess I am just saying that a jumbotron (or 2) and a sound system make the game that much better. I know it's the product on the field that is the most important, but it's not just the only thing you need to make a game at a stadium enjoyable. Maybe some wider seats too. :cheers:

1). What do PSL's have anything to do with it? In the end, the $ averages out to be the roughly the same.

3). I'd says its a combo of both.

Im sure its only a matter of time before Snyder has to top Jerry Jone's new stadium.

Jerry Jones is worth exactly twice as much money as Snyder is.

This is yet another fallacy on this message board.

Jerry can buy Dan two times over. I will provide the link from Fortune 500.

Jerry Jones is worth exactly twice as much money as Snyder is.

This is yet another fallacy on this message board.

Jerry can buy Dan two times over. I will provide the link from Fortune 500.

haha... it was only a matter of time before a dallas fan came in here and said that

haha... it was only a matter of time before a dallas fan came in here and said that

F Dallas. I just hate ignorance. And unfortunately, it is all over the place here, as it is everywhere.

Snyder isn't even in the top 10 richest coaches in the league. Not even in the top 10.

He is in the bottom 2/3rds as far as wealth goes. For some reason though, Skins fans like to think he is just some huge money guy....the richest in the league.

Jerry Jones owns oil. If Dan builds a stadium bigger than Jerrry--Jerry will piss on it and laugh.

The skins will never have a better, more expensive stadium than Dallas with these two owners at the helm.

Jerry just got the Superbowl.....and next he will have a BCS game. He gets what he wants.

Last week the mayor of DC was on the Russ Parr morning show and he said that he is definitely tryin to get the Redskins back in DC. He said that he wants to build it wear RFK is. He also said that he has approached Daniel Snyder about it and Snyder said he will listen to any suggestions. As far as the 30 year contract we have with Fed Ex he said that that land is very valuable and Snyder could easily sell it. He basically said its a win win situation for both sides.
They need to make this happen.

Archived