Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the skins still have a great chance to go to the playoffs

Taylor#1

Stranger things have happened but this team needs to show some continuity on offense and learn how to punch/throw/somehow end up in the endzone.

Do they control their own desitiny or do they need help? I know it's the Lions and Giants right now but they play the Vikes and Bears head to head. They beat the Lions and Cardinals but probably need them each to lose one more game.

As a fan, I hold on to every last hope. It's December and they are still alive, barely, but I think it is more than I could say last year.

Thats why yesterdays loss hurt so much. The Skins would have been tied with the Lions,Cards with the tie-break edge and a upcoming game with the Vikes.But they can still pull it off. Beat Chicago,Minnesota,and a 2nd string Dallas team. (they should have homefield by then)The only team that worries me is the Giants, but maybe 8-8 will be good enough.

my exact words.....

this team cant hold a lead in the 2nd half at home, not going to win big games on the road or a playoff game on the road......

see you in 2008

They won those close games in the first half of the season so we know they are capable of winning these games. you just have to have some faith my brother.

I wouldn't call it a great chance either my take:

Play Off Spots

NFC East Champ (Looking to be Dallas

NFC North Champs (Looking to be Green Bay)

NFC South Champions (Tampa has this right now, but still could lose it if they can Beat Atlanta or Houston in the next too weeks they likely Clinch)

NFC West Champions (Seattle is in the drivers seat now it would seem clinches a spot with victory over Arizona this week)

Wild Cards

NY Giants ( Look to be in solidly if they win out (They play Phily, Wash, Buffalo and New England). In reality they need two more wins to clinch the Wild Card at the very least, that would get them to 10-6, New England is possibly a loss but you never know. The other three games could be tight)

Next On The Block

Detroit 6-6

Minnesota 6-6

Chicago 5-7

Washington 5-7

Carolina 5-7

New Orleans 5-7

Arizona 6-6

Washington (5-7)

We've beat Arizona and Detroit so have the tie breaker over them. We still play vs Chicago and @Minnesota, @NY Giants, Vs Dallas)

Chicago W

@NY Giants ?

@Minnesota ?

Dallas ?

If we beat Both Chicago and Minnesota, we'd own the tie breakers over both teams (and both likely won't be making the play offs at that point, we then need at least a win over Dallas or NY in NY to get to 8-8 to even have a prayer at the Play Offs)

Detroit (6-6)

Still to Play

Dallas - Loss

San Diego - Even Money

Kansas City - Probably Win

Green Bay - Loss (If Brett Favre plays)

So Detroit could in theory go 8-8, maybe 9-7 If they go 9-7 we need to beat all four of the teams on our schedule.

Arizona (6-6)

@Seattle L

@New Orleans W (Though NO Could Surprise)

Atlanta W

St. Lous ?

Arizona seems in good shape to go 8-8, but if we get to 8-8 we have the tie breaker, otherwise no chance. If NO Beats them however...

New Orleans (5-7)

@Atlanta W

Arizona ?

Philadelphia ?

Chicago ?

Realisitcally New Orleans has to almost run the table to make it to 8-8 If Arizona beats them, then its looking less likely that they'd own a tie breaker over us.

Phily (5-7)

NY Giants

@Dalals

@New Orleans

Buffalo

Phily needs to beat Ny, NO, And Buffalo to get to 8 - 8, if they beat Dallas, and we do not I think that would put them in over us.

Carolina (5-7)

@Jax L

Seattle L

Dallas L

Tampa ?

Carolina Needs to win 3-4 and down the stretch they look to have the hardest schedule even before they get to play Tampa in their Season Finale. Carolina would need some help and has to help themselves to have a chance

Knowing this, we need some help if we are going to beat out:

Arizona

Detroit

And we MUST beat Minnesota and Chicago, and either NY Giants or Dallas, preferably both as 9-7 would get us in pretty solidly.

Minnesota (6-6)

@San Francisco

Chicago - ?

Washington - Loss

@Denver - Loss

I think Minnesota at best will be 8-8, if the Skins Don't beat Minnesota, and they ebat Chicago or San Francisco I doubt we will get to the Play offs. However, Playing At Denver that late is likely a loss, but I don't know about San Francisco, that could be an Easy win but you never know.

Chicago (5-7)

@Washington -

@Minnesota - ?

Green Bay - Loss

new Orleans

Chicago hwas one sure Loss to Green Bay, but the other three Games are up in the air, if they beat Minnesota and New Orleans They are least 7-9, Its an up hill climb for the Bears

Honestly I don't see Minnesota winning out They might beat SF this week, but the rest of their games will be tough at least 2 of them are at home :/

To Make the Playoffs the Skins MUST Beat Chicago and Minnesota, that guarantees we have tie breakers over both teams (Maybe we can get by if we lose to chicago and win the rest, but realisitlically we need 3 out of 4 wins, does anyone think we can beat both Dallas and the Giants?)

as a true redskins fan you will not be realistic about making the playoffs. Every year according to skins fans, "we're going to the super bowl"... "we're have this player and that player... we are going to do this and that"..... thats just how we are. You just gotta have faith and hope in your skins and know they are going to make the playoffs. And when they go and loose again breaking your hope and even though you tell yourself this team sucks, why do i bother.... as a true fan you'll be right there watching the next game.... so stop being so realistic and have some faith in your boys... and lets go to the playoffs

i just can't believe all of these so called die hearted fans talking about gibbs and the skins,i will never give up on my beloved skins.i really think we will make the playoffs and when we do,i can;t wait to here all of the fans who ****ed about the skins turn into a fan again.to you guys go keep on the new england bandwagon

You cant call someone a "wannabe fan" for stating the facts. This team has showed absolutely nothing to warrant winning 2 games much less 4 staight. Im as much of a fan as anyone else here and I will continue to watch the skins everyweek, doesnt mean Im any less of a fan for be a realist.

to all of the wannabe fans,why r u in here?i still believe in my skins,and won't stop til the day i die

i know i am and almost every skins fan is still hurting,but we still have to finish this season.the skins are only 1 game back from the playoffs and we play minn so we can still make it to the playoffs.we have to win the rest of the games,i know all of the wannabe skins are going to say we don't have a chance,but as a true die hearted fan we can do this.we have to do this for #21

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

I'm starting to doubt their desires and their wishes to succeed. :(

we will do this,i believe.do you?

No I really don't. I thought we might have a chance before the season started... but it's now clear that we won't.

Just look at our wins this season:

Miami - They are the only winless squad in the NFL. They're horrible and have been since day 1. Yet they took us to overtime at our house and we somehow won.

Philly - At the time we thought it was a good sign. The Eagles were in shambles early in the season though and pretty soon after the win, it became clear that we beat a horrible team.

Detroit - At the time, we thought they were better than they really are. Their defense is just terrible. Just a poorly coached team with not much talent.

Arizona - We beat them by 2 points and they missed a FG as time ran out or it would have been a loss for us. Playing decent now, but that's after improving. They were a bad team then and really aren't much better now.

NY Jets - They took us to overtime and we managed to squeak out a win. They're just awful.

What if Miami wins the coin toss? What if Arizona makes that kick? What if the Jets would have kicked a FG in OT first? What if Philly had gotten their **** straight sooner?

We might have only beaten the Lions.

We are thisclose to being one of the worst in the league. I can see how closely we've cut it in our wins.

I know... playing the what if game is non-productive... I know. Still, I can't help but think how close we've really come to being an embarrassment in the NFL. Well, that is if you don't think losing 6 of our last 8 is an embarassment.

I get really upset at the team when I really think about it.

We've made mistake after mistake all year long. We didn't beat Green Bay because of mistakes? Well, that's what bad teams do... make mistakes.

I honestly think we'll be lucky to win more that one more the rest of the way.

We have:

Chicago - Short week. Bad timing coming after Sean's funeral. I hope we'll be playing for Sean, but I'm afraid we'll just be tired and come out flat. They're playing pretty decently now and we're not.

Giants - They're making a push for the playoffs and our chances are going quickly. They are 8-4 and we're 5-7. They have reason to play hard. Their passrush is going to keep Campbell off balance all day long and without Taylor their tall WR's are going to go crazy.

Minnesota - They are playing great football right now. Their running game is going to be almost impossible for us to stop. And we'll be lucky to score 10 points. This might be our second toughest game we have left. They are getting very good at the right time.

Dallas - Ummm... unless they are sitting all their first and most of their second string... we will probably lose this one. Our best hope is for them to have wrapped up home field by the time they play us... If they lose one between now and then and Green Bay is still in contention for homefield, they'll have to win against us. That would be bad.

We have hurt players all over. Our QB has shown a tendancy to turn the ball over anytime we're driving to win the game. Our coaches have shown they can't manage a game well and in fact, have trouble knowing all the rules. Plus, apparently, one coach doesn't tell the other one's what he's planning to do on gameday.

Guys... please forgive the negativity. I just get pissed thinking about how this team is in shambles.

However, I wouldn't think this stuff if it wasn't happening.

If Campbell had closed out a game and brought us back, I wouldn't be able to say he chokes them away.

If Gibbs knew the rules, I wouldn't be able to say he didn't.

If we didn't make a ton of mistakes... I wouldn't be able to say we bumble around.

If we had beaten a good team, I wouldn't be able to say we haven't beaten anyone.

If we had won more games, I wouldn't be able to say the Giants are three games better than us.

If we could protect our QB, I wouldn't say we can't block.

If we could catch, I wouldn't say we have butterfingers.

If we had played better than Chicago, Minn, the Giants or Dallas, I wouldn't be able to say they're playing better than us.

I could go on... but you get my point. Sadly, what I'm saying is how it is and has been.

If this upsets some of you, then I suggest you get mad at the team for performing in a manner which allows people to say things like this about them.

It has been in their power to change things, and they haven't.

I don't look for them to stop now.

[/Rant]

Archived