Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the skins still have a great chance to go to the playoffs

Taylor#1

I've brought this up a number of times and I'll bring it up again.

The '96 Titans fans were saying these same things. The team was 4-7 and there was virtually no hope. But they won out and ended up 9-7, grabbing the last wild card spot. They won in the playoffs and made it all the way to the AFC Championship game.

We have Randy Thomas probably coming back, and several others. A win tomorrow changes everything.

Are you people Redskins fans or aren't you?

I'm not giving up yet.

I've brought this up a number of times and I'll bring it up again.

The '96 Titans fans were saying these same things. The team was 4-7 and there was virtually no hope. But they won out and ended up 9-7, grabbing the last wild card spot. They won in the playoffs and made it all the way to the AFC Championship game.

Not to be nit picky but the '96 titans/oilers finished 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs.

They actually didn't make the playoffs from 94-99 and had the Superbowl run in 1999.

We have Randy Thomas probably coming back, and several others. A win tomorrow changes everything.

Are you people Redskins fans or aren't you?

I'm not giving up yet.

We're all Redskin fans here. That's why we all post here at ungodly hours.

I just can't look at this team and see a real upside for the rest of season. The offensive line can't run block or plass block. Banking on a player coming back that hasn't played in three months is not a real good idea.

The defense is looking more and more like the defense from last year.

Dropping back into the Cover 2 and getting eating up in the middle. The D-line getting absolutely no pressure, blitzers running into each and just generally getting in each others way.

To talk about playoffs is premature when they can't even find a way to win regular season games that they SHOULD win! How about winning a game first?

First of all, we don't even DESERVE to go to the playoffs. Secondly, at this point, a playoff appearance would only mask the overall problems that plague this organization.

the 96 jags eeked into the playoffs by beating teams that finished with records of

Ravens: 4-12

Bengals: 8-8

Oilers: 8-8

Seahawks: 7-9

Falcons: 3-13

the jags of 96 pretty much mirror the skins of 05, 5-6 and 4-7, both winning 5 straight against weak schedules to make the playoffs. we have a much tougher schedule than that.

the 96 jags eeked into the playoffs by beating teams that finished with records of

Ravens: 4-12

Bengals: 8-8

Oilers: 8-8

Seahawks: 7-9

Falcons: 3-13

the jags of 96 pretty much mirror the skins of 05, 5-6 and 4-7, both winning 5 straight against weak schedules to make the playoffs. we have a much tougher schedule than that.

Very true. I pointed that out earlier.

It's kind of interesting though, if you study it. Their last regular season loss was against the Steelers. They were blown out 28-3. That's pretty bad. I imagine the fans were pretty down. And although they did play relatively mediocre teams in the last five games, winning those games taught the Jags how to win. As I'm sure you know, the sixth seed has the hardest playoff schedule in the system. And they won two in a row.

They did better in with that 4-7 record than the Redskins have done in any season of the past 15 years.

good points mark. but i feel like every year we think that were gonna sneak into the playoffs after playing like garbage all season. that kinda thing happens once every now and then. ive never heard of a team that consistently sucks until december, then turns it up and makes the conference championship game. the skins had their cinderella run in 05, and im doubting that happens again for quite some time.

good points mark. but i feel like every year we think that were gonna sneak into the playoffs after playing like garbage all season. that kinda thing happens once every now and then. ive never heard of a team that consistently sucks until december, then turns it up and makes the conference championship game. the skins had their cinderella run in 05, and im doubting that happens again for quite some time.

All I'm talking about is Hope. We still have it.

And by the way, guess who was playing QB for the jags in '96? :)

Archived