Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the skins still have a great chance to go to the playoffs

Taylor#1

i want to think they can win out but after today's lost and the way we lost its not gonna happen. But for the sake of discussion here is how it looks.

Remaining Schedules for NFC Wildcard Spots

Washington Redskins (5-7)

vs. Bears

at Giants

at Vikings

vs. Cowboys

Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

at 49ers

vs. Bears

vs. Redskins

at Broncos

Arizona Cardinals (6-6)

at Seahawks

at Saints

vs. Falcons

vs. Rams

New Orleans Saints (5-7)

at Falcons

vs. Cardinals

vs. Eagles

at Bears

Chicago Bears (5-7)

at Redskins

at Vikings

vs. Packers

vs. Saints

The cowboys, packers, bucs, and seahawks are gonna be in and lets put the NYG as one of the wildcards.

So the skins actually win out they will hold tiebreakers over the cardinals, bears, lions and vikings.

Don't see it happening but what else are we gonna talk about.

I want to believe it, I really do. It's just so difficult though.

Our schedule is brutal from here on out, with Buffalo being the last easy team we play. Buffalo... easy... so sad. :doh:

Chicago, Minn., NY and Dallas.

That's tough.

Taking off the B&G glasses and I can see that we might not win again.

Is that so surprising? Just look at our last eight games. We've won 2 of our last 8.

Two!

And those two wins have both been BARELY wins against Arizona and the lowly Jets.

Arizona and the Jets! And the Arizona win was when they weren't playing well. They'd probably beat us by two TD's now. :doh:

Sorry, I'm trying to be positive but we're not very good. It's depressing.

Anyway... I think the playoffs are pretty much out of reach for a team that has won only 2 of their last 8 games and is slowly starting to crumble.

This is sad but true. To be honest, this game didnt change anything. We still have to win out to get in. I havent looked at it extensively yet, but I believe we still control our own destiny if we win out because of our wins against the Lions and Cardinals and our upcoming matchup with Minnesota.

Will that happen? Probably not. But technically we still have hope.

do you too call yourself fans?go jump on new england bandwagon

Were you at the game today?

I was.

I have no Mother ****ING voice out there supporting my team.

Unlike about 2/3rds of the drunk ass "real fans" who are at home sobering up and laughing how they ran their mouths about Gibbs or Sean during a moment of ****ing silence

Only been the 1,000,000th time I've been called a "bad fan" or a "homer" on this ****ing site.

Glad you think they have a shot......I hope you're right, but don't challenge me as a "bad fan" just b/c I don't see it.

That "you're not a true fan b/c you don't agree with me" **** has been getting real old on this site for awhile now.

no im not kicking you.....even if we do win out i dont see us getting the playoff spot with the way the vickings are playing

This is actually not true. The Vikes are one game ahead of us right now. If we win out one of those wins will be against the Vikings so the best they could do is tie our record at 9-7. We would have the tiebreaker because we beat them.

We would beat out the Lions if we win out as well. The Eagles, Panthers, and Saints have the same record as us. The Cardinals are who we really have to worry about as they are a game ahead of us and have an easy schedule. We beat them, but we would have to end up with the same record for that to matter.

Point is, I doubt we win out anyway... so, eh.

i was at the game as well. ive never been surrounded by more disgusted fans at the horrid display of football we saw out there today. ive never seen so many 90 yard drives end in field goals and false starts. ive never seen the same defensive plays run, and the same plays run against them. ive never seen a coaching staff so stupid that they kept running the ball when it blatantly wasnt working.

this team is just bad. i still love them, but theyre a terrible team.

well i am sick of fans ****ing about my beloved skins.

Hey, so am I.

I also wish that the Skins wouldn't do the same stuff to lose games they should win.

It frustrates the hell outta me.

This team is better than that.

The coaches are better than that.

and many of the Skins fans deserve better than that (so does this team and franchise).

We're on the smae page about supporting the team and again I really really hope YOU're right and I'm dead wrong.

But they gotta start winning and that's going to be very hard.

i was at the game too....it was horrible "fans" around me were terrible sitting down on defense telling me to sit down then cheering when we go for it on 4th and cause the false start the classless fans who were shouting during the moment of silence....i was disgusted all in all at the end of the day i still root for the skins...HAIL

i live in boise idaho now so i can only go to skins games when they come to seattle,to those fans who get drunk and are morons,and taking going to the skins games for granted need to give back there tixs and go to the bars and being a dumb ass

I was at the game aswell and it just pissed me off on there final drive they didn't really try to move the ball they just killed the clock! **** that we need to keep moving and get the first down then kill the clock! I went off after the game not because I had a few drinks but because they couldn't even win this game for a fallen teammate! If you expect this team to make the playoffs your crazy and I'm a diehard redskins fan and have been for years and ever year the same bull****! We have a really good team and we still suck! Its gotten really old and I'm sick of it! Are redzone offense is the worst redzone offense Ive seen in years. I think they win maybe one more game if were lucky. I love the skins but after today I was just completley disgusted with the coaching staff and they have to get rid of half coaches on this team even gibbs because the game has passed him by! HTTR

This type of stuff should be banned. We lost to the BILLS TODAY! What else does it take. The Bills and Browns have better records than us. Are you serious with this stuff.

We will finish 6-10. This team has sucked since day one. Gibbs is done, the team just wants the season to be over. Look for a 45-0 rout in New York. The Giants will kill us. The pukes would, but there 3rd string will be in. And yes, our starters will blow a 4th quarter lead against them as well.

Oh well, there goes another year with a sky high payroll and 5 or 6 wins. Thanks Danny boy. I appreciate you ruining this franchise. Pathetic clown. Maybe you can get something right and hire Cowher.

I don't want to be a party pooper... but can we stop with the playoff threads? I'm just hoping we win another game at this point. I mean, the schedule doesn't look favorable.

vs. CHI - Flying to Miami for Taylor's funeral and then flying back for a practice isn't easy, especially with all that's gone on.

@ NYG - 8-4 team fighting to keep it's grip on the top wildcard spot.

@ MIN - Adrian Peterson is going to give us fits.

vs DAL - Maybe if they rest there starters... but either way it'll be tough.

I'd love to see the team make the playoffs for ST, but I just don't see it... This team makes a lot of critical errors in crunch time and it hurts us. I know the NFC sucks, but this team in the playoffs is tough for me to envision right now.

Hope I'm wrong though. :)

win skins r u kicking me?

Someone should. Not to hurt you, but to jar you back to reality.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but some of us true fans don't like it when someone comes here and challenges our loyalty because we are realists.

I'd love to see them win out and make the playoffs, but even if they do, they aren't really playoff worthy and would probably be embarrassed in the 1st round.

I don't think we have a GREAT chance, but we do have a chance. And that's all I need.

Am I unrealistic? Maybe. But I don't get some of the the cynicism.

Will we win out? Well, precedent doesn't paint us a very pretty picture in that area. But that doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. *shrug*

You take what you can get. We CAN still get to the post-season.

So let's go beat the Bears. Let's go get it done.

Archived