Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

They ran out of #21 Taylor tribute towels? True?

RabidFan

Is this true? Just asking because a buddy was going to give me his as I couldn't go but he told me he didn't get one cause they ran out of them. Is he pulling my lariot or would the team have possibly not made enough which would be a logistical debacle? Thanks

what asshats taking more than one and screwing brethren of fans....were they just in a bin that said take one like at Halloween with no control? sheesh figured they ticket takers would dole them out....how sadly done.

They were set up in the concourse just past the turnstiles. In the chaos, it wouldn't be hard for people to just circle back into the flow and get another one. I saw a couple of people do it.

i had to work today and i couldn't make the game. i just figured id take a peek at ebay to see how much the A holes were selling the towels for. I've seen them going for upwards of 50$ each w/o a b/o. sucks that people capitalize on such tragic events. that is human nature i guess?

i had to work today and i couldn't make the game. i just figured id take a peek at ebay to see how much the A holes were selling the towels for. I've seen them going for upwards of 50$ each w/o a b/o. sucks that people capitalize on such tragic events. that is human nature i guess?

that is just sad trying to profit on something like that, we have created little dannys everywhere :doh:

I got in the stadium just before the tribute and a couple of entrances were all out of towels. I left during the first drive because I didnt feel right without one, I knew I'd find some. One lady with a bag full had the nerve to try to sell me one for $20.00. I kept checking around the stadium entrances until I found a Fed Ex field employee with a box full. At first she refused to give me one because she said I had already got one. We almost started arguing so she just gave me one and I was happy.

that is just sad trying to profit on something like that, we have created little dannys everywhere :doh:

LOL didnt dawn on me what you meant until i was about to close my browser. good stuff. its sad but true

And for an extra TEN$$$$$$$, you can get the game ticket stub also!!!!!! man what a deal. sike. people suck.

check out this ebay post. youll see what i mean.

LOL didnt dawn on me what you meant until i was about to close my browser. good stuff. its sad but true

And for an extra TEN$$$$$$$, you can get the game ticket stub also!!!!!! man what a deal. sike. people suck.

check out this ebay post. youll see what i mean.

Everybody selling the towels on eBay should donate the money to little Jackie's education fund.

Everybody selling the towels on eBay should donate the money to little Jackie's education fund.

you know, i really do understand everyone's concern for his baby girl. ive been wondering how much she is going to really need for school. im seans sallary is still going to the family in some way and i know sean was smart enough to put away a couple thousand the day she was born for her to go to school. anyhow, is she really in need of a fund for her education because id imagine its paid for in full already. if not from sean than dan has had to have helped.

Today has really shown me something about our fanbase in many ways. Pathetic.

Indeed. And it's so very frustrating and sad. Someone else touched on this in another thread, mentioning that people don't even go to the games to enjoy football, they go for the bragging rights, to say they were there. This is so true. We've gotten sucked in to this system where life's no longer about the experiences or how we feel when we're there, but the fact that we can say we were there. And we can remember it with a towel :(

Don't get me wrong, I think the towel is a cool idea and a way for the fans to get involved and have something tangible to remember the day with, but could the redskins not offer to sell them at a regulated price after the game? You don't even have to give the proceeds to someone, you can just break even with the sales...

Archived