Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

They ran out of #21 Taylor tribute towels? True?

RabidFan

To say that these things tell you alot about our fanbase is ridiculous. The vast majority of our fans have been nothing but awesome since Tuesday. We have all come together to get through this. Obviously not every one of the 90k people at the stadium are Redskin fans. Some are there with friends, some just like to go to say they were there, and some may be Bills fans. So out of 90k people who got towels, say 50 of them are selling the towels on Ebay and trying to make money off of the item. Thats not a bad ratio. Stop bashing fans because its a popular thing to do. Its really a tired act. The fans today were great considering the circumstances.

They truly missed a sad, beautiful tribute.

Hey NC-- were you one of the guys in 402 wearing the yellow ST#21 shirts?

Nah, I refused to buy any Taylor shirts because I don't want anyone making money off of his death.

I was up in row 26 three seats from the 401/402 aisle wearing a white Taylor outside of a huge puffy Redskins jacket. I looked like the effing Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and I was yelling at those obnoxious Bills fans in 401. Disrespectful ****s.

I got there at like 12:35pm and they had none. I was beyond pissed off. Sean was my favorite player and I really really wanted one. I refuse to buy one from one of the *******s selling them on ebay. I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years and bills fans prob got a towel they will sell or wash their car with and I didnt get one. Just another dissapointment for a sad disapointing week.

He's telling the truth, they were very strict about one per person where I was.

Skinsfan87/Slacky McSlackAss got completely pwn3d by an old lady ticket taker when he asked for one. It was hilarious, Slacky! :laugh:

Sorry that you lost yours for real :(

True, I went in the gate by the ticket office around noon and they had BIG guys guarding the boxes. They were VERY strict about the one per person rule. I've never seen them this protective of a promo item before.

I am amazed to see these on Ebay for $50.

I went in gate A and forgot about it when I went in. My brother and I went to our seats and saw everyone else had them so after the tribute video we went back to the gate and got one. But the cops and employees there were being jerks and kept saying they weren't going to give them out. My dad and other brother were across the stadium and tried to get some over there but they were out so they came around to gate A to get some.

My wife came home from a friends house down the street, they're huge fans and they know I'm a huge fan. I didn't go to the game but my wife came home with a towel and they also bought me a #21 beanie(sic). I'm sorry everyone didn't get a towel but I assure everyone, it's on the back of my chair and it's not going to get ebayed.

I'm real happy they got it for me, I'm going to have it framed and continue to wear my Taylor jersey on game days.

They were being strict about giving one per person at the gate I entered. I tried to get 2 but they were firm about saying "no way".

My buddy who went to the game with me gave me his and I managed to pick one up that someone left under their seat on the way out. I thought about it and realized if I had walked around for a few minutes after the game I probably could have found dozens of them that people left.

Luckily I got one before they ran out. I didn't get one of the nice ones with the frill at the edges, but still got one. I said to my friend that it's going to be a family heirloom and it's been promptly displayed above my fireplace. I'm disgusted that some people are trying to ebay them. Probably all the Buffalo fans that were at the game, which was even more disgusting.

He's telling the truth, they were very strict about one per person where I was.

Skinsfan87/Slacky McSlackAss got completely pwn3d by an old lady ticket taker when he asked for one. It was hilarious, Slacky! :laugh:

Sorry that you lost yours for real :(

***** had the nerve to pat me down for a towel. Good thing i didnt stuff it down my pants. :laugh:

But yes, some jerk ended up stealing mine when i wasnt paying attention and when me and TLC went to look for more at the end of the game there were none.

I know one thing I was waving my towel proudly. I was the guy in the upper deck telling the fans to stand up everytime the d was on the field. I held my towel up for the whole tribute to Sean with tears coming down looking at the sky asking him to help us win and saying a prayer for him and his family. I'm pissed people are selling their towel on ebay right know. I'm sure most of them are the ****ty ass buffalo fans. One thing that pissed me off was there were Dallas fans there! What the ****! If you want to cheer for Dallas go to irving don't come to are home games when your team isn't even playing us!

I am still pissed they ran out and I did not get one but the more I think about it, I dont need a little cheap towel to remb Sean. As a season ticket holder I got to watch him from his Rookie season all the way up to that killer hit he laid to that Lions player this year. I have memories of watching him play in person that are far more valuable to me then some towel. So not getting one isnt the end of the world. What I did do last night is buy an Auth ST jersey so I can wear it during every skins game moving forward and always have him close! That was a much better way to spend money them some of the idiots buying the towels on ebay for over 100$ from the scum bags who are profiting from this tragedy.

Archived