Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget about the Bills or the playoffs

REDALERT

Does Taylor getting shot make you feel you may need to purchase a gun?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Does Taylor getting shot make you feel you may need to purchase a gun?

• Yes
    • No

The team and coaches is dealing with too much adversity to salvage anything right now. And frankly, we donot have the players that's mentally strong to overcome so much in one season. Right now! the players hearts are too heavy to probably stay focused, and poor Shawn Springs, I can imagine what his mind set is right about now after more bad news.

Look! we know what's more important right now, and just like us fans, the players are feeling it the most. So, let's just enjoy the rest of the season and start looking forward to next year and praying we have our All-Pro safety, on the field or off. Because I don't know about you guys, but it seems this Organization is cursed and the season wasn't meant for us to be anywhere near a playoff, let alone a Superbowl. So stay prayed up for the Man and start looking toward the Bowl games and see who we need to draft.

Much Love for "Sean"

or we take this emotional energy and win 5 straight? why not? if the team and players love sean taylor as they say, go out and kick some ass.

Its true why not but i dont see how the players can focus considering a teammate and friend may not every play football or take another step in his life again :doh:

The way football players tend to play inspired under such circumstances, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we ran the table.

I'm not saying we look for this to be a season saving motivating tool...but it very well could end up being like that.

I hope he is okay and I hope he can have a normal a life as possible.

Its true why not but i dont see how the players can focus considering a teammate and friend may not every play football or take another step in his life again :doh:

A lot players through history will tell you that playing the game is a great way to take your mind off of other, more important, things.

Well, either way, I don't think affect my view of the team's character. This is a hard blow dealt by fate, and if we win five straight or lose five straight, the season is a success if ST is alive and well. This whole team has had to deal with so much this season, with injuries, Shawn Springs's father, inconsistency, emotional wins and losses, and now this, that I won't ever question this team's heart.

If anything this is going to spur us on. Let's do this for Sean, and i don't mean just against the Bills. This season is about to get very ugly. Take all that raw emotion and put it between the sidelines.

IT'S TIME TO BASH SOME HEADS.........TAYLOR STYLE!

:applause: THANK YOU, I thought you guys we're going to act like a bunch of wimps, now thats what I wanted to see.

Look! we as the fans, the Organization and the sports world is in shock, and I still can't believe this took place. But let's do all we can doas fans for Sean and stay prayed up for the Guy. Because frankly, I'm leaving it in gods hands and I'm quite sure God's going to take care of this situation. And furthermore, I know Seans going to recover, I'm not even looking into this any longer thinking of the worse. I'm looking into this as everythings going to be okay because Seans in God's hands.

So, let's have the same attitude toward the rest of the season, because I'm quite sure Sean would want his teammates to go out there and take care of they're business and make the playoffs. Again, I know the Redskin Nation is in shock over the situation, let's just let the best Doctors do they're jobs and let God work his magic. So, let's gets some life back on this board and stay in tuned with the lastest news as far as Seans situation and his full recovery.

Now! about this upcoming Bills game and the playoffs and the team rallying around Sean.

:applause: THANK YOU, I thought you guys we're going to act like a bunch of wimps, now thats what I wanted to see.

Look! we as the fans, the Organization and the sports world is in shock, and I still can't believe this took place. But let's do all we can doas fans for Sean and stay prayed up for the Guy. Because frankly, I'm leaving it in gods hands and I'm quite sure God's going to take care of this situation. And furthermore, I know Seans going to recover, I'm not even looking into this any longer thinking of the worse. I'm looking into this as everythings going to be okay because Seans in God's hands.

So, let's have the same attitude toward the rest of the season, because I'm quite sure Sean would want his teammates to go out there and take care of they're business and make the playoffs. Again, I know the Redskin Nation is in shock over the situation, let's just let the best Doctors do they're jobs and let God work his magic. So, let's gets some life back on this board and stay in tuned with the lastest news as far as Seans situation and his full recovery.

Now! about this upcoming Bills game and the playoffs and the team rallying around Sean.

Great post. I'm with you 1,000% :applause:

If anything this is going to spur us on. Let's do this for Sean, and i don't mean just against the Bills. This season is about to get very ugly. Take all that raw emotion and put it between the sidelines.

IT'S TIME TO BASH SOME HEADS.........TAYLOR STYLE!

Ya know... you're right.:cool:

We gotta get the boys out there...

covered in blood, sweat, determination and drive...

and leave every ounce of what you have on that field....

and do it in Honor of the most feared man in Football...

The Grim Reaper...

The Hitman...

Area 51's Godfather...

Sean Taylor.:mad:

I'm sorry, but at 6 pm EST on Monday, with Sean Taylor's life hanging in the balance right now, a football game does not mean squat to me right now. It might be because I heard the news 6 hours ago, I don't know. Also, I'd be lying if the circumstances didn't have an impact on me as well. What happened to Len Bias was self-inflicted........this apparently was not.

Right now I'm just praying for Sean and his family and that he gets well. If not, and the worse happens and he passes, you would hope that the team would rally and play hard the rest of the season for Sean (and that's the case regardless of whether he pulls through or not). But right now, at 6 pm Monday, I can't see myself going to FedEx next Sunday without feeling emptiness. Hopefully, we'll hear better news in the near future that will change my point of view.

It's not unusual for a sports team to use something tragic as a rallying point, but once all the emotion has passed and reality returns, I'm afraid this picture won't be very pretty......

What concerns me here is, the Redskins will say all the right words in tribute to Sean Taylor and in an attempt to reverse their seasonal woes they'll leave us disappointed once again. I'm afraid they'll go out and in a very methodical manner lay the proverbial egg! Then we'll spend the next few weeks listening to players tell us, about how the Sean Taylor tragedy took the emotional wind right out of their sails......

It's not unusual for a team to use something tragic as an emotional springboard, but once all the emotion has passed our ability to reason clearly will return......

What concerns me here is the Redskins will say all the right words in tribute to Sean Taylor and in an attempt to reverse their seasonal woes. Then in a very methodical way they'll go out and lay an egg! Then we'll spend the next few weeks listening to players tell us, about how the Sean Taylor tragedy took the wind out of their sails......

Forget the crappy moments of our season for a second. If that same team that really did fight its guts out against Dallas can come out with a head full of steam on Sunday, the Bills won't stand a chance. They have a ton of injuries as well, and are less talented on both sides of the ball.

I know you're distraught right now, we all are, but why not be a little positive about this upcoming game?

if anything, lets just watch the rest of the season and enjoy watching our favorite players play football every sunday. and hopefully they will takei t and just enjoy playing football for the rest of the year.

gotta recognize how cool all of this is and how much fun it is, and how quickly it can go

tgijef

I was almost ready to give up on the season (typical Monday morning blues). Then I heard the news today and I'm nowhere near ready to give up.

Amen brother! Not trying to be morbid or inappropriate, (ya know, too soon to think about it) but can you imagin Fed Ex this sunday. You know all the players will probably have a #21 in their helmet or something, and all the 21 jerseys in the stands. All the prayers that will be going out of that stadium. The emotion will be hard to avoid. I'd give anything to be there, with my 21 on. Get well soon Sean:notworthy

Archived