Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget about the Bills or the playoffs

REDALERT

Does Taylor getting shot make you feel you may need to purchase a gun?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Does Taylor getting shot make you feel you may need to purchase a gun?

• Yes
    • No

Well, either way, I don't think affect my view of the team's character. This is a hard blow dealt by fate, and if we win five straight or lose five straight, the season is a success if ST is alive and well. This whole team has had to deal with so much this season, with injuries, Shawn Springs's father, inconsistency, emotional wins and losses, and now this, that I won't ever question this team's heart.

You are right. This team has dealt with alot this season...

The way football players tend to play inspired under such circumstances, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we ran the table.

I wouldn't be surprised either, I know they will say a prayer for Sean before every game here on out and be inspired to play with heart for the rest of the season.

I just hope that Sean is all right and that he is able to be normal again. I don't know if he will play again, but I am sure that is the least of his problems. I just hope that he and his family are going to be OK. My prayers to them. As for the season, football doesn't seem all that important right now. I just hope that Sean and his family are all right.

Anyone remember the 1991 Lions?

After Mike Utley was injured the Lions finished 12-4, trampled Dallas in the playoffs before losing to the Skins in Washington.

Yeah Bulldog, but with due respect to Utley, being paralyzed in the course of an NFL game is on a much smaller scale than being (we hope "almost") murdered in your own home.

I don't even remember at which point of the season Utley got injured. This is a crucial point of the season for the Skins, and lets hope two things: first and absolutely foremost, that Sean survives and recovers from this attack; and second, that perhaps the team can rally around this incident and it transfers to the field of play.

I guess there's been a great deal of historical tragedy in the sports world.....but the only one I can remember like this is way back when I was like 10 yrs old living in Philly and one of their players (Blenda Gay, I think) got stabbed during a domestic dispute and passed away.

His team, coaches, organization, and his fans will do what he would want...win! I don't care about winning for winning's sake. I care about the team winning as a means to honor Sean, if that's what they choose. If they want to win for Sean, they will. I'm going to the rest of the home games this year to honor him. Let's just all honor him with our prayers and do whatever each of us feels is the right thing to do. Whether we win or not doesn't matter to me. I want nothing more than to see Taylor live and be able to function as a father for his child. That's what we all are focusing on, not wins or losses.

HTTR

I believe Sean will be awake and aware by Sunday and if he speaks by then I'm betting he'll ask the team to tear it up Sunday. If that could happen I imagine the emotion and energy will be electrifying. But right now he's not conscious so his health is first and formost important thing. Just pull through. Get well and if he never plays a down of football again he's still a Redskin for life.

Archived