Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chances of 9-7 Making the Playoffs?

JDSkins47

I've been a Redskins fan for all my life (37 next month) but I'm sorry, I just don't believe this team believes they can win. All those close games, and all these losses, it has to be hard to take. As frustrating as it is for us as fans, can you imagine how bad it must feel for them? Fact is, we still do have a young QB. Its easy to forgot that at times, he's played so well this year, but I think it just takes time and experience to become a winner. Jason is close, but its just not there yet. And Moss' drops are continuing to hurt us. And Portis hasn't had a fumbling problem this year, but today sure was brutal. I'm just so wiped out. Its emotionally draining to get my hopes up each week, only to be crushed in the last minute of the game. I'll go cry to my dog now. :(

Face reality man, i have always been pro redskins even when a lot of these people were very pessimistic...we arent goin to the playoffs.. the season is over..look forward to year.. :helmet:

Still plenty of time. It will be tough, and it doesn't look good. But there's still a chance. Can't count this team out yet.

How about winning 1 more single game? How about people holding onto the ball?

How about not throwing to the other team. All this must happen before this pitiful team even thinks about the word Play off.

Pathetic display of having to overcome mistake after mistake. Just beat somebody.

there is no way the Skins can make the playoffs

they make too many stupid mistakes

they are not mentally talented enough to win

turnovers

dropped passes

stupid penalties that continues drives

wrong coverages

etc..............

the Redskins are their own worse enemy

*sigh*

I don't understand how some people think we even still have a chance at making the playoffs. If we can't beat the Eagles or Bucs, and just slip away with wins with Miami and New York (Jets), why in the world do we even deserve to be in the playoffs.

Being a Redskin fan has shown me on to get my hopes up for a very unlikely event, such as making the playoffs this season. You just gotta deal with it and then move on to next season. And if we did make the playoffs this season, we don't deserve it.

turnovers

dropped passes

wrong coverages

etc..............

The worst thing about the fact that this statement is 100% true is that it's been true for many years now

The Skins don't deserve to make the playoffs, but you could say the same thing about all the teams left in the mix for the last spot: Cards, Saints, Panthers, Lions, Vikes, Eagles.

We had the chance to be in the drivers seat today amongst these teams. Today was a must win. Instead we got another "Horseshoes and Handgrandes" Redskins classic.

well, as long as the skill players don't make plays but cost the team with turnovers and the offensive line remains the brittle, weak unit it has been on the right side since Week 2........the Skins don't figure to beat too many quality teams from here on out.

Minnesota's win today over the Giants should be ample evidence that those last 5 games are not going to be easy.........ANY of them :)

even if we do make the playoffs, we won't last long. this team doesn't know how to close.
I don't agree with this. The team did an outstanding job in the second half. They were down 16 points and came back to within striking distance. The Bucs were held to three and outs what, four times in a row? Redskins totally dominated the second half, save one play. JC is young and still learning. There is a lot to be optimistic about.
This team just needs to concentrate on winning the next two home games against teams that they should beat--Buffalo and Chicago. After that, everyone will know whether or not this team is going anywhere.

Its easy to give an emotional repsonse and proclaim that the season is over, its not. Yes, you have recent events to back you up in your 'bold' proclimations, but there is still football left to be played. With the exception of the Pats game, the Skins have been competitive in every single game until the end. It is possible to correct these mistakes that are leading to 4th quarter breakdowns and the breaks will start coming the Skins' way, they just need to be prepared for when they do.

Soon, two pro-bowlers will be returning to the line-up (Taylor and Thomas) and Campbell has gained another experience feather in the headress. Im taking a wait and see aproach. My :2cents:

I agree with everything above.
How about we worry about going 9-7 when 10-6 is impossible?

You people are a disgrace.

Go ahead, give up. Be realistic.

I'm going to keep watching. And rooting.

Pathetic quitters the lot of you.

Amen pgitta. Amen.

turnovers

dropped passes

wrong coverages

etc..............

Bubba, I am surprised, this coming from you. I understand the frustration. But, I hope this post is an emotional tangent, and not how you really believe.
Still plenty of time. It will be tough, and it doesn't look good. But there's still a chance. Can't count this team out yet.
Historically, Gibbs' teams play well in November, and they did play well this month, when you look at the whole picture. Historically, Gibbs' teams play even better in December. And I'm not talking about Gibbs I teams, I'm including '04 through '06. There's plenty of unexpected wins coming up this season. Stay tuned.

Archived