Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Im a depressed Washington Sports Fan

Ji

How come all the teams in this area suck? The redskins have been brutal since 1993. The Caps have been horrible since we made the Stanley Cup playoffs..and the wizards..lol..dont get me started on them...we havent been past the 2nd round since the late 70's. Baseball? The O's have been awful since the mid 90's and the Nationals are one of the worst teams in baseball?

When is the tide going to turn?

We are the exact opposite as Boston....they will probably enjoy 2 championships this year and maybe a 3rd with the Celts. Our best hope is probably the wizards who will probably get bounced in Round 1.

I know this stuff goes in cycles but this is a very impressive run of mediocrity.

Wizards: Should make the playoffs for the 4th straight year.

COLLEGE

GMU: Final Four in 2006 :wavetowel

GU: Sweet 16 in 2006, Final Four in 2007

Maryland: I dislike Williams, but don't forget the 2002 title, as well as the women in 2006

Been wondering the same thing for years.

Is it our owners? Bad luck? I cant put my finger on it but I would think it starts at the top with Abe Pollin and Dan Snyder. I think Leonsis is hamstrung by the fact that nobody supports the caps. Alot of it has been bad luck too. the only time the wizards win a lottery, and its the year of Kwame Brown

Wizards: Should make the playoffs for the 4th straight year.

COLLEGE

GMU: Final Four in 2006 :wavetowel

GU: Sweet 16 in 2006, Final Four in 2007

Maryland: I dislike Williams, but don't forget the 2002 title, as well as the women in 2006

Im talking about pro sports...i dont care about college that much

Eagles have been great the past decade

Sixers were good for a while when they had Iverson

Phillies just made the playoffs...

try again

No championships since 1983 and that's with 4 teams the whole time. The longest streak in history. You were saying?

Oh yeah, and the Phillies and Eagles have a combined 1 championship. :laugh:

No championships since 1983 and that's with 4 teams the whole time. The longest streak in history. You were saying?

but you could easily say since the skins won the superbowl, that philly has enjoyed far more sucess with their teams than we have

but you could easily say since the skins won the superbowl, that philly has enjoyed far more sucess with their teams than we have

I don't think a Philly fan would say that. They are BY FAR the most fustrated group of people you will ever meet. 10x worse than Red Sox fans prior to 2004.

Yeah I'm more then happy about the Wiz. Thank God I have them. And things are on track and looking good with the Nats as well.

The Redskins are a different story. I've never been less enthused about a football season in my life. I think 15 years of bull**** has finally taken my heart from me.

Don't make me laugh about the Wizards. So they'll barely end up above .500 and squeek into an early playoff exit again.....that's terrific. It does get really frustrating. Week after week, year after year, they manage to tear us apart. The even more frustrating thing is, this isn't like some of the other perenial losers, there's still always (theoretical) reason for hope every year. Getting built up only to be viciously torn down, year after year. After awhile it gets hard to have the hope.

I'm happy the capitals suck, its making Ovechkin unhappy, he loves playing in Montreal, his good friend Markov plays for Montreal.... Common capitals! a few more years of mediocrity!

If you think the Caps will give up Ovechkin, you're smoking crack. He's the franchise. It will get turned around by the end of the year. Next year they'll be a legit playoff contender.

Just look at all the flags in my sig and other than the MD 2002 title (sorry could give a crap about the women's game althought it was a nice story) I've had nothing but heartache since 1991 save the 1998 caps run.
If you think the Caps will give up Ovechkin, you're smoking crack. He's the franchise. It will get turned around by the end of the year. Next year they'll be a legit playoff contender.

Ah, the beautiful dichotomy that is Washington DC sports fandom. Nothing but misery for all those years but still talk of next year. IIRC, that's kind of what we said about the Caps after last season. We just needed to add some defensemen and maybe a center or two. Didn't really happen.

Archived