Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Black Friday,(merged x2 .

swisha

Sorry...I'm no help with the electronics (I'm not into fighting those battles!), but others have posted some great links! (thanks everyone! :) )

My mom & I have been going out the last couple of years together, but I'm not really up for it this year and thought with her minor surgery last week (she had a pre-cancerous mole removed from her face) that she wouldn't want to either. But she's dragging me out anyway...she likes to get "parental sanctioning" on what she buys my kids for Christmas. <sigh> I guess it's one way to TRY and reign her in (not that it ever works!).

Thank goodness Target has a Starbucks! :silly:

Amy

Let me give you guys some advice on black friday, go to the store now and see the product you will camp out for. For instance this year I was gonna camp out Best Buy for that 32' HDTV thats gonna be 450.00. Seeing it next to all the 42 inches I told myself I rather save up and pay for a 42 inch.

Instead I will be camping outside of Wal-Mart for a camcorder, digital camera, and printer I'll probably go take a look at them tomorrow.

Last year I got a lot of things. BUT Funny how the "emachines" computer I got for 199.99 just stopped working within the first 3 months. I didnt complain because I have other computers and a laptop but somebody else might have been pissed off. Just soemthing to keep in mind.

The stereo and all in one printers were both pieces of cheap crap they should sell at the dollar store. Dont just grab things because everybody else is, when you open them Christmas day you might be disappointed. Just dont blindly buy because of the prices, DONT LET THEM GET YOU!

Dont get me wrong you can get some nice deals on BF but just be careful.

Since the holidays are upon us, the shopping season officially starts this coming Friday. Unfortunately I cannot take part in the festivities of waiting in traffic and fighting long lines in dirty stores trying to purchase items that aren't guaranteed to be in stock, but anyways... I get many emails from friends and relatives on tons of deals on electronics (I'm an electronics junkie), so I thought I'd make a thread so we can share those awesome deals that stick out.

Below are a few things that I'd consider buying if I felt like spending the dough. If you have any questions on this stuff just let me know and I'll try to help!

Happy holidays! :logo:

Black Friday/Holiday Shopping websites

www.bfads.net

www.slickdeals.net

www.blackfriday.gottadeal.com

www.blackfriday.info

HDTVs

Hitachi 50" Plasma HDTV - 996.99 @ BestBuy

Sony 32" LCD HDTV - 789.99 @ BestBuy

Sharp Aquos 42" LCD HDTV - 866.52 @ Sam's Club

DVD

Toshiba HD-DVD Player w/ 7 movies - 199.99 @ BestBuy

Seinfeld DVD Sets - 50% off @ Buy.com

Computers

Apple iMac Intel Core2 Duo w/ 20" monitor - 1,199.99 @ CompUSA

HP Pavilion Media Center AMD Athlon 64x2 - 499.99 @ CircuitCity

Dell Vostro 1400/1500 Notebooks - Starting at 599.99 @ Dell.com

Dell Inspiron 531 Desktop plus $100 Gift Card - 659.99 @ Dell.com (see bfads.net for computer configuration)

Maxtor 500GB External Hard Drive - 79.99 @ CircuitCity

Other Electronics

Sony Cybershot 7.2MP Digital Camera - 99.99 @ BestBuy (in-store only)

Creative Zen Vision W Portable Media Player - 219.99 @ Buy.com (for the money you can get an iPod or Zune with a bigger hard drive, but I just bought one of these things and it's straight badass--bigger screen, compatible with almost any media type, and tons of accessories)

Creative Live USB VideoCam - 29.99 @ Buy.com

Nintendo Wii Bundle Pack - 479.99 @ Buy.com

I am looking for a kick ass digital camera this year, hopefully very cheap

Any suggestions besides the Best Buy one you have listed?

I have a Canon PowerShot A540 and love it. Buy.com has the newer version, A570 for $158.99 with free shipping. Though I recommend it, for any camera you really have to go to the store and check them out for yourself to see about the size and how easy it is to use. Also remember to not judge the picture quality based on how the image shows up on the camera's LCD screen--it's how it looks on the computer and on paper is what counts.

www.slickdeals.com is your friend. Especially the forums.
SHF,

Also, I would check CNET for reviews of the cameras - I have found they do a pretty good job for small electronics.

I have a Canon PowerShot A540 and love it. Buy.com has the newer version, A570 for $158.99 with free shipping. Though I recommend it, for any camera you really have to go to the store and check them out for yourself to see about the size and how easy it is to use. Also remember to not judge the picture quality based on how the image shows up on the camera's LCD screen--it's how it looks on the computer and on paper is what counts.

Thanks for the help. I have been using the same digi camera since black friday 2004 and its time for a decent upgrade that doesn't cost too much. Don't need it for much more then decent pictures and short videos and of course the smaller the better

Appreciate it

Archived