Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC's untimely int, fumble, errant throws sealed our fate.

FanSinceSonnyJ

All in all a very solid effort by our team yesterday with the exception of our inability to make adjustments to cover TO....and the continued problems JC has in turning the ball over.

As I posted last week, it would take 28 points minimum to beat the Cowboys (actually I was wrong, it would have taken 29). We had our chances guys, but once again key missed opportunities were missed.

• Campbell's fumble in the first half. I understand that Ware got in much too quickly (all day long), but good QB's must hold unto the ball or release it quicker versus winding up and letting it go. Campbell doesn't seem to sense the pass rush until it literally hits him.
  • Campbell's errant throws. Moss, ARE made him look awfully good with some throws that were thrown behind them by making spectacular catches. Key missed TD passes in the first and second half.
  • Campbell's interception. Despite the above errors, we still had our chance. Sadly, after moving the ball down the field, JC decided to force a pass that wasn't there and Terrence Newman essentially ended the game, and probably any shot at the playoffs.

Take away the above miscues and we walk off the field with more than 28 points and the win, provided TO was so winded after torching our secondary for 4 TD passes.

I believe Campbell is getting better, however, he still is just not getting it done in terms of making the big plays when they have to be made.

All in all a very solid effort by our team yesterday with the exception of our inability to make adjustments to cover TO....and the continued problems JC has in turning the ball over.

As I posted last week, it would take 28 points minimum to beat the Cowboys (actually I was wrong, it would have taken 29). We had our chances guys, but once again key missed opportunities were missed.

• Campbell's fumble in the first half. I understand that Ware got in much too quickly (all day long), but good QB's must hold unto the ball or release it quicker versus winding up and letting it go. Campbell doesn't seem to sense the pass rush until it literally hits him.
  • Campbell's errant throws. Moss, ARE made him look awfully good with some throws that were thrown behind them by making spectacular catches. Key missed TD passes in the first and second half.
  • Campbell's interception. Despite the above errors, we still had our chance. Sadly, after moving the ball down the field, JC decided to force a pass that wasn't there and Terrence Newman essentially ended the game, and probably any shot at the playoffs.

Take away the above miscues and we walk off the field with more than 28 points and the win, provided TO was so winded after torching our secondary for 4 TD passes.

I believe Campbell is getting better, however, he still is just not getting it done in terms of making the big plays when they have to be made.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Yeah, five scoring drives means nothing.

Not quitting when everyone else had means nothing.

Throwing one pick in 54 attempts means nothing.

A 348 yard, two touchdown game means nothing.

This certainly deserved its own thread since there aren't a million others on the front page.

:jerk:

Campbell sucks and is one of the worst 1st round picks ever.

This is one of the outright stupidest comments I have seen this morning (and the competition is fierce). Your ability to assess talent or Campbell's progress leaves a lot to be desired.

And while I am writing you post this?

This is not racist, but you don't draft a black QB. It is like drafting a white point guard in the NBA. Can anyone name a good black QB in the NFL now that McNabb is done?

You should be ashamed of yourself as a person, not just as a fan.

This is not racist, but you don't draft a black QB. It is like drafting a white point guard in the NBA. Can anyone name a good black QB in the NFL now that McNabb is done?

I think Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns might beg to differ on that statement. As for your second question, Vince Young, David Garrard and Steve McNair (when healthy) come to mind.

Uh huh. And why do you think we were there at the final moments?

Are you Mrs. Brunell?

Incredible.

Oh, I see, a moral victory. Great. Do they help in getting us a playoff birth? Where do the show up in the stadings?

Sorry guy, a loss, is a loss, is a loss.

Like I said, as good as a game as he had, he was a big part of our loss. A big timer does not throw an untimely pick and piss golden opportunities on TD tosses.

people are unbelievable! Campbell threw for 349 yards yesterday! 349! That is the most by a redskins since the 2003 season. Campbell is learning quicker than many of the other young qbs in the league. the man threw 1 interception in 54 attempts. Even Romo sits to pee threw an interception, he almost had two picked off. For once I am actually excited about where we are going. Campbell is the man.

wow the one place where I thought i wouldnt have to deal with race issues but instead talk about my beloved skins where the only color that matters is burgundy and gold I have to read this ****

I think Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns might beg to differ on that statement. As for your second question, Vince Young, David Garrard and Steve McNair (when healthy) come to mind.

You are an idiot. Steve McNari, Vince Young? look up their numbers. They are 2 of the worst QB's in the NFL. Why are white people so scared to admit what is right. Steven A Smith says crazy ish on NBA tonight everynight and no one says anything. It is a fact that white QB's are much better. I'm the most liberal person in the world, but I call a spade a spade.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Yeah, five scoring drives means nothing.

Not quitting when everyone else had means nothing.

Throwing one pick in 54 attempts means nothing.

A 348 yard, two touchdown game means nothing.

This certainly deserved its own thread since there aren't a million others on the front page.

:jerk:

Blah, blah, blah right back at you ace. Doesn't matter what the stats are pal, W's are what counts. You keep the stats, I'll take wins.

BTW, the rest team had not given and Campbell while certainly improving, still has a way to go. The interception he threw did not put him over any sort of hump so the speak, so no reason for you to sugar coat it.

Archived