Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

gibbs is happy in this game despite loss

bertoskins

Im actually surprised how quickly Ive gotten over this loss. At this time after the Eagles game I couldnt even think about football.

This upcoming game against the Bucs in Tampa sans Sean Taylor scares the crap out fo me though.

i feel the exact way...i was happy with the way we played today...if we had taylor back there i could just imagine how the game would have went but he wasnt....great game cowboys! :applause:

Based on his post game conference, Gibbs is very happy with the players and is optimistic that we will start to make run to the playoffs after this loss

He sounded dejected to me. Happy? No, he commented on how well Campbell played and that he has stepped up. BUT, and this is a big "BUT" ;) , he also said that we have to make plays and that we didn't do enough. He didn't sound happy or optimistic at all. He's proud that the guys fought to the end but I'm pretty sure happy is not how he feels. I didn't here anything from him about being optimistic about a playoff run either. I'm sure he is optimistic in a way, and when he looks at the film he'll see how well this team is starting to play. But, they better play better against the Bucs or they'll be coming home with another loss. That Bucs team isn't that good, but they're no slouch either. We just need a win and I think that's what he'll preach all week. :2cents:

HTTR

423 yards is a great sign that the offense is starting to show what it can do. It's a very good sign of what the 700 playbook can do. We played beautifuly on offense today, especially in the passing game. Our running game faltered, but the passing game got on track and stayed on track.

yards are what counts, not what gets them. i loved the spread offense today, there was actually a point in the game i felt confident that we could find an open guy and make plays. jason looked sick today.

its a shame our defense decided to suck complete monkey balls.

yards are what counts, not what gets them. i loved the spread offense today, there was actually a point in the game i felt confident that we could find an open guy and make plays. jason looked sick today.

Two words for you: Pierson Preliou. THIS GUY IS A BUM! He cost us the game against Philly last week by not covering well against Antonio Brown and he couldn't play the cover 2 well at all, especially on that last TD to Owens. We missed Sean Taylor today, but this was Preliou's time to shine and he proved how much of a bum he is.

we need to get healthy, mostly we have to have Taylor back, if we do and the offense does what its done the past two weeks we'll be in the playoffs.

if we get in, nobody will want to play us, especially Green Bay, being that we've already proven when can go up to their place and essentially beat them to death in everything but the score.

YOU ARENT A BOYS FAN.,.:silly:

good post.

JG believes in Jason.

Based on his post game conference, Gibbs is very happy with the players and is optimistic that we will start to make run to the playoffs after this loss

Yep, well, we get another shot at 'em on our turf. And if we make the playoffs and win the first round, we'll probably get another shot at 'em on their turf again (bottom seed plays the top seed).

he didn't sound 'very happy' to me. he sounded like he learned a lot from jason and pleased that HIS decision to draft Jason has turned out to be a great one. if anything, i've sort-of noticed a change in joe gibbs' body language this past week. it seems to me that he has a new fire in his gut. i saw him on the joe gibbs show saturday night, and he was talking about how he listened to the media this week for the first time in years and was angered with them for the first time since 1988. it seems as if he's got a new motivation and hunger to win compared to trying not to lose and dissapoint anyone.

i guess only the future can tell, but the coaching staff (other than gregg williams sometimes questionable calls) looked like they did a great job today and looked like they wanted to impose fear instead of looking fearful.

Two words for you: Pierson Preliou. THIS GUY IS A BUM! He cost us the game against Philly last week by not covering well against Antonio Brown and he couldn't play the cover 2 well at all, especially on that last TD to Owens. We missed Sean Taylor today, but this was Preliou's time to shine and he proved how much of a bum he is.

dude whiffed once on a to td, now on the other hand doughty should not have been back there at all whatsoever period. he had the opportunity to show what he could do and dude looked flat out lost

Not much to say about this game other than we should've won. I need not to point out that with the games we should've won(Giants, Packers, Eagles, Cowboys), we would be 9-1. And those were more than winnable games, we had them.

Campbell sure picked the wrong time to throw an interception. He could've scrambled for a first down, not throw it. But retrospect is always perfect. The secondary was horrendous. Reed Doughty is trash. Why did the corners let Owens go on like every pass. You need to stick to him, I don't care about the damn cover 2. We are terrible on 3rd and long.

Also, I knew that in the first half, up 7-0, 4th and 1, that we needed to go for it. I was pleading for Gibbs to have some balls, and run the damn ball for a yard. But no, he is a ***** and tries a 50-yarder. No good. Story of the season.

We are one game behind the Lions and can afford one more loss as far as I'm concerned.

Problem is we have looked good before. Remember Detroit? I dont know what it is about this team that just cant seem to get it right. Every week it seems to be something different or theyll win a big one only to rip your heart out the next week.

Yep, well, we get another shot at 'em on our turf. And if we make the playoffs and win the first round, we'll probably get another shot at 'em on their turf again (bottom seed plays the top seed).

You know what scenario I'd love? We go into the last game of the regular season 9-6. The announcers and media are saying, all the Redskins have to do is win this one and Eagles lose and the Redskins are in the playoffs. Then we beat the Girls and the Iggles lose and we find ourselves in the playoffs.

And could you picture it if we went to the NFC Championship game to play the Cowturds again? Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Wishful thinking, I know, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. All is not lost!

While I'm not happy at the end result (and I don't think for one moment that he is either), I agree with Coach Gibbs. For once, we actually did "play our guts out," and we were in position to win the game. I'd rather have a game like the Cardinals a few weeks ago where we were sluggish and still won, but this team showed a lot of promise yesterday. If we didn't before, we know now that Campbell is the real deal. I personally believe that this team goes to the playoffs at either 9-7 or 10-6.

This is one lose that I also feel good about. Still I think Gibbs didn't help this team again and I know a lot of you are going to criticize me for saying this. BUT we needed to be more aggressive in the first half. If we went for it on that first field goal miss on 4th and 1 and made it or the play before thrown the damm ball instead of running on 3rd and 3 and made it and then scored a TD we would have won this game. Anyway I hope Gibbs now understands you must throw the damm ball to win games. The only reason we were so close was because Moss made some great catches (where in the passed he dropped a lot easier balls) and we were aggressive with our passing game.

I don't know if we can get in the playoffs especially after that terrible Eagles loss but if we do and Thomas is back along with Taylor we would be a very dangerous team.

team.

He's a good safety.

It's not that.

It's called Sean Taylor is God incarnate at safety and single handely makes our defense what it is.

Why hasn't he been locked up?

Archived