Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden finally succumbs to old age...

BraveWarrior

Madden said three times tonight that Tom Brady is playing QB right now better than anyone who's ever played the position, including Joe Montana.

I know the guy is playing at an extraterrestrial level, but I don't think crowning him the best to ever play the game is warranted. I'd put Montana and Marino, and possibly Favre, over Brady (though Favre has had tons of INTs).

Madden said three times tonight that Tom Brady is playing QB right now better than anyone who's ever played the position, including Joe Montana.

I know the guy is playing at an extraterrestrial level, but I don't think crowning him the best to ever play the game is warranted. I'd put Montana and Marino, and possibly Favre, over Brady (though Favre has had tons of INTs).

I don't know, what does Brady have to do to be considered the G.O.A.T.? He's got the rings, now he's getting the stats. And why no love for Elway? He took some averege Broncos teams to SBs in the 80s. IMO he had less talent around him in the 80s and early 90s than Marino, Farve and Montana.

Are you older then Madden? Brady is putting together the greatest season every by a QB and he already has the superbowl wins. Think about how many more seasons the Pats have with a great team. It's not out of question to see Brady retiring with another ring or TWO and owning several records of note for QBs.

Yeah, Brady is obviously playing QB better than anyone has right now. Putting Montana ahead of Brady's play right now, simply because his name is Montana is foolish. Brady has the rings, he's taken some average teams far, and now with a talented team around him he's showing everyone what he can do. The man's a beast.

It doesn't take the best QB in the history of the NFL to sit behind a brick wall O-Line and throw to 3 of the best WR's in the league...Mark Rypien did it for us in 1991. You put Brady on one of Marino's teams...or on the Packers. Chances are he doesn't throw for 1,000,000,000,000 touchdowns, and looks a lot more human. Those two guys did what they did with very little in terms of a supporting cast- especially Marino. Brady is in one of the best overall offenses ever assembled and just has to pick which probowl player he wants to chuck it up to in triple coverage for another seemingly masterful touchdown.

You might want to sit back and actually look at this for what it is.

You're eye witness to what might be the greatest football season ever in the history of the game. These guys are creating records that are going to be very tough to break. Can you imagine if Randy Moss ends up with 25-30 TDs, and Brady ends up with 60+, those are records that aren't going to get sniffed for 50 years unless Brady himself does it next year.

Might as well enjoy it, man. Look on the bright side, in 50 years you can wax poetic about it to your grandkids.

:)

I've seen Montana

I've seen Marino

I've seen Favre

I've seen Elway

And Madden is 100% correct. None of them at their best were as good as Tom Brady is right now and this comes from someone who always tends to give the nod to previous generation players over current generation players when it comes to historic rankings.

You're eye witness to what might be the greatest football season ever in the history of the game. These guys are creating records that are going to be very tough to break. Can you imagine if Randy Moss ends up with 25-30 TDs, and Brady ends up with 60+, those are records that aren't going to get sniffed for 50 years unless Brady himself does it next year.
First Madden sucks.

Second the Pat's are enjoying a virtually injury free season...So far. It is still early.

Third, they are playing absolutely lights out. Just a reminder when comparing the Pat's offensive numbers with other top historical offenses, they rarely ran the score up once they reached an insurmountable lead!:2cents: :)

First Madden sucks.

Second the Pat's are enjoying a virtually injury free season...So far. It is still early.

Third, they are playing absolutely lights out. Just a reminder when comparing the Pat's offensive numbers with other top historical offenses, they rarely ran the score up once they reached an insurmountable lead!:2cents: :)

Fourth, name the times this year that the Pats needed a TD and were stopped?

Shoot, just name the times they were stopped. How many times has their punter punted this year? 20?

Shoot, just name the times they were stopped. How many times has their punter punted this year? 20?

22 punts over 10 games. Crazy, they could almost go without a punter.

It doesn't take the best QB in the history of the NFL to sit behind a brick wall O-Line and throw to 3 of the best WR's in the league...Mark Rypien did it for us in 1991. You put Brady on one of Marino's teams...or on the Packers. Chances are he doesn't throw for 1,000,000,000,000 touchdowns, and looks a lot more human. Those two guys did what they did with very little in terms of a supporting cast- especially Marino. Brady is in one of the best overall offenses ever assembled and just has to pick which probowl player he wants to chuck it up to in triple coverage for another seemingly masterful touchdown.

Brady had very good seasons with mediocre talent around him, although, if the Patriots were cheating during that time and had a good guess of the defenses, it's easy to look good.

That's what happens when you run the score up instead of running the ball just eat time like the other teams in history.

There is a certain segment of society who will simply not give someone their due. What....WHAT exactly would you have liked to see Brady do in order for you to say he is the best ever? There is nothing. If there was, this season is it. You cannot pick it apart.

You'd have more credibility if you just said "I don't care what he does, I simply will not say he is the best of all time because I'm still butt hurt that they went for it on fourth down twice against us and put up 52 points".

I don't understand why people keep using that argument. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with Deion Branch and Troy Brown as his best receivers. Nobody ever discounts Montana for getting to throw to Clark, Rice, and Taylor for most of his career... oh yeah, and he had a top notch running back in Roger Craig. Go ahead and name the running backs from the first two Pat's SB wins.

I don't understand why people keep using that argument. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with Deion Branch and Troy Brown as his best receivers. Nobody ever discounts Montana for getting to throw to Clark, Rice, and Taylor for most of his career... oh yeah, and he had a top notch running back in Roger Craig. Go ahead and name the running backs from the first two Pat's SB wins.

Rince, I see you like my signature. lol

Whats the problem here...Tom Brady IS playing better football than any quarterback ever. Not that he IS the best QB ever (although one could make that argument) but he is playing better in this stretch than any QB ever. Its damn near fact man, even when one pulls out statistics, Brady owns them all.

Archived