Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden finally succumbs to old age...

BraveWarrior

I don't understand why people keep using that argument. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with Deion Branch and Troy Brown as his best receivers. Nobody ever discounts Montana for getting to throw to Clark, Rice, and Taylor for most of his career... oh yeah, and he had a top notch running back in Roger Craig. Go ahead and name the running backs from the first two Pat's SB wins.
Kevin Faulk? :whoknows:

Madden said three times tonight that Tom Brady is playing QB right now better than anyone who's ever played the position, including Joe Montana.

I know the guy is playing at an extraterrestrial level, but I don't think crowning him the best to ever play the game is warranted. I'd put Montana and Marino, and possibly Favre, over Brady (though Favre has had tons of INTs).

None of those QB's ever came close to the kind of perfection we are all witnessing with Brady. As great as they were, they were ALL beatable.

Brady throws a perfect strike every time. THE ONLY way to beat him is if his WR drops the ball or some kind of other dumb-luck play.

There is no defense for a perfectly thrown ball in the NFL. We're seeing that. Look no further than this for the reason behind the Patriots dominance.

Kevin Faulk? :whoknows:

I don't think he was the starter in either SB. And if he was I think it adds to my point

Roger Craig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kevin Faulk

Now you are old enough to know how great joe montana was in the 1987-1994 era. Come on, so since Brady is just as good, I wouldn;t put him above joe until he gets another SB ring

He will get that ring. The thing is Brady is MUCH better than Montana in during the regular season and hasn't had the talen Joe did. Montana lives off of his post-season performance, something Brady has almost matched in much less time.

For what its worth I barely have Montana in my top 5 alltime.

(not including Brady)

Elway

Favre

Marino

Manning

All better than Montana.

If all it takes is SB wins, why not Terry Bradshaw?

It takes more than SB rings, but if you want to look at that - the Patriots ' first SB should have a big asterisk next to it, sine they really lost to the Raiders in the playoffs and shouldn't have been there. Secondly, their SB wins weren't all that convincing, and they came down to Vinatieri's foot to win.

None of those QB's ever came close to the kind of perfection we are all witnessing with Brady. As great as they were, they were ALL beatable.

Brady throws a perfect strike every time. THE ONLY way to beat him is if his WR drops the ball or some kind of other dumb-luck play.

There is no defense for a perfectly thrown ball in the NFL. We're seeing that. Look no further than this for the reason behind the Patriots dominance.

The statistic people talk about with brady is how many incomplete passes he has... because he has so few. 73%+ completion percentage so far. 33 TD to go with 299 attempts meaning he throws a TD in slightly less then every 10 attempts.

This is the first season in which Brady has had talent at WR and RB.... and he's doing far more then any QB in the history did with the same situation. Montana had the best wide out of all time and a great running back.... and never had a year like Brady is having.

Madden said three times tonight that Tom Brady is playing QB right now better than anyone who's ever played the position, including Joe Montana.

I know the guy is playing at an extraterrestrial level, but I don't think crowning him the best to ever play the game is warranted. I'd put Montana and Marino, and possibly Favre, over Brady (though Favre has had tons of INTs).

Yes, I don't know why 3 rings and a good possibility of having a fourth along with a perfect season and All time QB records would ever warrant that type of thinking

I've seen all the QBs being discussed in this thread. I have to say that Brady, right now, is playing better then any of them. There are a few I never saw play in there primes. I never saw Unitas play in his prime. I never really saw Graham play in his prime. Baugh, there are a few others. I don't know that I'd say Brady is the best ever because the game is different now. I think there were some older players that deserve consideration but you can't really compare them.

However, of the players listed (Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre), I do believe the eras are close enough to compare and I do believe that right now, Brady is playing better then any of the 4 mentioned ever played.

Why the hate for Brady? The mans done more with less around him then any other QB in the league peroid.

In his previous wins his talent at WR was crap, his running back was crap. He had to be perfect to win. The opposition in those Superbowls all had better offenses then Brady had but he still won time and again.

On this alone I think Brady is the best of all time. Now with excellent talent around him look at what he can accomplish, its incredible. Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game in my mind peroid. The mans simply the best.

I don't understand why people keep using that argument. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with Deion Branch and Troy Brown as his best receivers. Nobody ever discounts Montana for getting to throw to Clark, Rice, and Taylor for most of his career... oh yeah, and he had a top notch running back in Roger Craig. Go ahead and name the running backs from the first two Pat's SB wins.

Antowain Smith started both SB 36 and SB 38. Corey Dillon was SB 39.

Brady has been something special for awhile, and all the top guys that are usually mentioned in the "modern" era have their own styles and strengths/weaknesses, but this year to date, with a top garde WR at his disposal, Brady has looked more like some RoboQB than anyone I have ever seen.

He has taken it to a new level this year. It's like everyone else in play on the field is in slo-mo and he's normal speed. In this season to date, his decision making and accuracy is not perfect, it's only closer to it than anyone else I have ever seen. He is playing games week in week out the way Doug Williams played one hellacious and historical quarter in the game of his life (got a 'skin reference in :D) . It's an old cliche, but he is truly like a machine.

A couple of weeks ago, Steve Young (a HOF QB and a guy who played behind Montana and against Elway, Favre, and Marino, and whoever else) said Brady could very well be the best QB ever).

Is he delusional, too?

Zoony said it best - the only way you can hope to defend Brady is hope that his receivers (very good ones, mind you) drop perfectly-thrown balls. Time and again.

The guy is just too good. Certainly better than Favre, Elway, and Marino. Montana is close, but even he didn't come close to putting up these kinds of #s. And don't leave Manning out, either. When his guys are healthy, he's in the conversation, too.

22 punts over 10 games. Crazy, they could almost go without a punter.
then there was the nice on-air comment either during the game or on sportscenter. or maybe post game with bermen.

'and halfway through the third quarter the pats cut their punter when they realized the didnt need him anymore.'

or something like that.

A couple of weeks ago, Steve Young (a HOF QB and a guy who played behind Montana and against Elway, Favre, and Marino, and whoever else) said Brady could very well be the best QB ever).

Is he delusional, too?

Zoony said it best - the only way you can hope to defend Brady is hope that his receivers (very good ones, mind you) drop perfectly-thrown balls. Time and again.

The guy is just too good. Certainly better than Favre, Elway, and Marino. Montana is close, but even he didn't come close to putting up these kinds of #s. And don't leave Manning out, either. When his guys are healthy, he's in the conversation, too.

In an Era where the WCO was new to most teams, Joe Montana enjoyed an advantage over most defenses he played. It's always harder to defend against something you've never seen. However, even then, Joe Montana never had a year like the one Brady is having now. Montana certainly had more talent around him then has Brady. I don't really think that can be argued.

Don't think that's the most insane statement Madden has said.....

Haha, yeah, how about this one from any 10-minute period of any game he's ever called: "I mean, I mean, I mean, you know, you know, you know..."

Ah yes, Mr. Madden, well spoken, sir. Thank you for the masterful commentary.

Archived