Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday Len Bias

Redskins4ever

I still think about this guy. Just won his throwback authentic jersey off of Ebay a few months ago. Len Bias would be 44 today and would be retired after a legendary NBA career. I just wanted to take the time to wish him a Happy Birthday!

#34, you will live on always in the hearts of many people in the D.C. area.

Wow, just seeing his name breaks my heart all over again. His death is the reason why I decided NEVER to try drugs. He had the entire basketball world at his fingertips, going to the NBA Champions and playing with the likes of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parrish. The Celtics probably would have added on to their already growing legacy of excellence. Just a tragedy all the way around.

What a waste.

Lets see in one hand, a future in the NBA with everything you've ever dreamed of.

In the other, a rock pipe with crack cocaine.

I dont feel sorry for him at all.

Im glad that others used his idiocy to better themselves.

Your personal feelings aside, for the record, I'm pretty he snorted cocaine powder, and didn't smoke crack. Just for the sake of accuracy.

Your sitting pretty high on your throne, good for you.

Len made a youthful mistake, and paid the ultimate price. Get over yourself.

Yes I am.

I wont get over myself. But maybe some peopl eneed to "get over" a guy who threw his life away by using drugs. Stop celebrating criminal behavior and death.

I wont get over myself. But maybe some peopl eneed to "get over" a guy who threw his life away by using drugs. Stop celebrating criminal behavior and death.

That's a bit harsh. It has been reported that Bias had never used cocaine before. I'm not sure if that is true, but he was clearly not a drug abuser. He made a big mistake and paid for it with his life. But, from everything I read at the time, he was a good guy that everyone loved.

Archived