Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell Played Awesome

D'Pablo

I agree, Campbell really showed up today.

Cheers to Campbell! :cheers:

However, there are still doubters. They'll point his weaker games and claim that today was a "fluke" or "luck."

Whatever. **** the haters.

Not a hater here but I am skeptical of his upward potential at this point. He played very well today. 7 more games played at this level and continued improvement and I'm cool with just finding a good backup who can come in and lead the team to wins if necessary. One game doesn't change anything. Patrick had 3 or 4 strong games a season too. So does Grossman and Harrington for that matter. If he reverts back to a 56 QB rating next week, today doesn't matter.

I thought that Campbell was the bright spot of the game today. It is a shame though that his performance to some is overshadowed by the loss. Sad that we lost in the fashion we did. They obviously have not learned from the NY game, ha. Hopefully we can get a win against Dallas next week and Campbell will have an even better game. I did think that the play calling up until the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game was really good though.

JC might have played pretty well, but what did he do in the final minutes when he needed to lead a drive for the win/tie?

Nothing.

:doh:

Excellent deduction....We have 1 min left and they know we have to throw every time and they drop 8 into coverage.....this game was not on him by any means....

Colts fans aren't insulting Manning for last week's final drive are they?

I personaly thank JC how the way he played today I liked him when we drafted him I new he was going to do somthing like this when they let him throw the ball.He diserves player of the game today. The coaching is was what main me want to break my tv

JC did a great job. It's a shame the coaches don't let them win.

EXACTLY!!!!!! Flat out....the coaches are effectively "SCREWING" this season.

The lack of execution has been worked out, and yes that can be partially credited to the coaches.........:read:................but mostly the players.

Now we see that the coaches are still inept.

I'm sorry, but somebody, SOMEWHERE in the organization needs to make a move.

It's ridiculous to see this much talent on the same team get flushed away week in and week out.

I'm sorry with every bone in my body that I paid good money to the Washington Redskins today and saw a piss poor coaching job cause the team to lose the game.

POOR!!!!!!

Great effin job by JC today. To all the JC haters, join the coaching haters group.....we've been watching it for 4 years folks.....enough is enough.

no quarterback that receives a 150 yard rushing yard effort should EVER lose a game.]\Campbell is incapable of getting the job done. I knew John Elway and Jason is no John Elway. In fact he is not even a Derek Anderson. He is barely a Mark Brunell.

Have you seen any Browns games?

Without Josh Cribbs giving them unbelievable field position and points that game today isn't even close.

Why is everyone on Devon Hester's jock and no one even seems to know who Josh Cribbs is?

On a different note, we all need to cheer on San Fran tonight. We're on the outside looking in (right now, doesn't mean too much), but every little bit helps.

NFCN Packers

NFCE Cowboys

NFCS Tampa

NFCW Seattle

Wildcard Giants

Wildcard Detroit

Washington 5-4

Carolina 4-5

Actually I think it would be better for us if Seattle won. Further buries the 49'ers and firms up Seattle as NFC West likely winner. Detroits schedule will bring them back to us in a hurry. They still have Dallas, the Giants and Green Bay(x2) and San Diego. We Need to beat Tampa, which would give us wins over them and the lions for head-head tie breaker. Carolina is a game back and Vinny won't get them to the playoffs. IMHO

Actually I think it would be better for us if Seattle won. Further buries the 49'ers and firms up Seattle as NFC West likely winner. Detroits schedule will bring them back to us in a hurry. They still have Dallas, the Giants and Green Bay(x2) and San Diego. We Need to beat Tampa, which would give us wins over them and the lions for head-head tie breaker. Carolina is a game back and Vinny won't get them to the playoffs. IMHO

Good call, Go Seattle!

He did better... but "Awesome"? I don't think he was "Awesome".

Here is a list of QB's that threw for more yards than Campbell today:

Vince Young 257 Loss

D. McNabb 251 Won

Ben Roeth 278 Won

Marc Bulger 302 Won

Brett Favre 351 Won

Carson Palmer 271 Won

Tony Romo sits to pee 247 Won

Jon Kitna 294 Loss

Drew Brees 272 Loss

Eli Manning 236 Loss

Kurt Warner 259 Won

(Seven won their game and 4 lost their game, which is the most important aspect)

And you know that Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers will likely pass for at least Campbell's 215 yards.

Assuming they do... that is 13 QB's throwing for more yards than Campbell... and that's without Matt Schaub or Tom Brady playing and they usually do throw for more than 215 yards.

That would have been almost half (15) the QB's throwing for more yards than Campbell.

Don't get me wrong... he was definately better than he has been (although he did have another fumble)... but to say he had an "awesome" day for a QB is going completely overboard on his day.

I think we've seen poor QB'ing for so long that we don't hardly recognize what a "Awesome" day for a QB really is.

Campbell did good... but not "Awesome".

He needs to watch the fumbles and keep it going the rest of the way.

JC had a great game. I think it just proves that when he has WR's that 6ft or taller his completion percentage goes up. He stands tall in the pocket he needs a WR to stand tall and make a play. Bigger WR's are easier to find for him.

JC needs bigger targets than Moss, Lloyd, ARE. Its becoming more and more obvious. His game steps up when he has bigger targets.

JRAB has spent too much time putting JC down to acknowledge an awesome performance. I guess throwing for three touchdowns (amazing passes, too) is just okay.

Vince Young - 1 TD

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 TDs

Marc Bulger - 2 TDs

Carson Palmer - O TDs

Jon Kitna - 2 TDs

Drew Brees - 2 TDs

Eli Manning - 1 TD

Only four guys on JRAB's list threw for as many or more TDs (Warner and Romo sits to pee had a pick each). Points don't matter though, do they JRAB? It's all about throwing the ball for yards. BTW, what happened to statistics don't matter?

Archived