Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for us Skins fans....Cowboys VS Patriots SB42 Who do you root for?

michael_33

Is this serious? As a Redskins fan I'm not allowed to also be an NFL fan? I watch every game I can. That includes other NFCE games so I can see how the division is playing out.

Yes, it's totally serious. In my personal opinion, one cannot root for a single team, if their greater interest is in the league or the sport. Most weekends I don't watch ANY games. If the Redskins aren't on around here, I don't turn the games on at all. There's no point in it, so far as I'm concerned. Obviously it's a personal opinion, but it is what I believe.

Hating list:

1. Cowboys
  2. Eagles
  3. Giants
  4. Patriots

I guess the only good thing about the Pats being in the SB is IF the Cowboys are in also, I can just sit back and watch the Pats kick their ass again. :D

I'd have to add the the "Rats with wings" (The Ravens) to that list. They had one lucky season, an over rated coach, a fan base that is almost as obnoxious as the dallASS fans and a city almost as ugly as Cleveland.

I admire the Patriot organization because they remind me of the Washington Redskins back when Jack Kent Cooke was the owner. Back then, we had a great front office, a good GM and scouting dept. I don't think the same can be said of this organization at this time.

So like they say, I root for two teams. The Redskins and any team the plays against dallASS.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :ravensuck

I'd have to add the the "Rats with wings" (The Ravens) to that list. They had one lucky season, an over rated coach, a fan base that is almost as obnoxious as the dallASS fans and a city almost as ugly as Cleveland.

Well hey, at least Cleveland has hot chicks. Ratimore got whacked with the ugly stick by God himself!

Yes, it's totally serious. In my personal opinion, one cannot root for a single team, if their greater interest is in the league or the sport. Most weekends I don't watch ANY games. If the Redskins aren't on around here, I don't turn the games on at all. There's no point in it, so far as I'm concerned. Obviously it's a personal opinion, but it is what I believe.

Yeah, but you're also insane. So, you know, we have to take that into account.

I admire the Patriot organization because they remind me of the Washington Redskins back when Jack Kent Cooke was the owner. Back then, we had a great front office, a good GM and scouting dept. I don't think the same can be said of this organization at this time.

So like they say, I root for two teams. The Redskins and any team the plays against dallASS.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :ravensuck

You would think being the 2nd closest team that there would be some sort of respect for them, but I am just not feeling it. I don't know what it is.

:point2sky

Well hey, at least Cleveland has hot chicks. Ratimore got whacked with the ugly stick by God himself!

I didn't say anything about the women of Cleveland, just the city it self, lol. You're right about the ugly stick and Baltimore. It's America's appendix. There's no reason for it's existence....:laugh:

Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question is an idiot, as we have a perfect example of one right here. :)

I see two "people" have actually picked the Cowboys...

Both are 19 years old. Hmm.....

Cowboys...I've been a fan since 99 and I don't feel this rivalry because both teams have stunk since then. I really really really hate the Pats.

Not a life long fan. Bandwagoner possibly?

Boys all the way. The Patriots are cheaters.

Not sure what ed's excuse is.

Patriots are cheaters? wtf? lol

You got some serious 'splain' to do ed.

Anyway:

Amen.

Here you go guys so this thread doesn't go to waste completely:

th1rs_animated.gif

jump.gif

wakeupwc1.gif

ohindipson.gif

_______

I am going to go against the grain here and go with the Cowboys for one sole reason...

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR AND NFC TEAM TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL?

Its been like 5 years since the Buccs and I hate them. In my eyes, the last legit NCF SB winner was The Pack in 97 or 96.

In realtiy, I would root for a meteor shower to hit AZ and take out my two most disliked teams in teh NFL. Sparing the fans of course...

I am going to go against the grain here and go with the Cowboys for one sole reason...

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR AND NFC TEAM TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL?

Who cares!?!?!?

Unless it's the Skins!

I mean seriously. What do the Skins gain if another NFC team wins the Super Bowl?

NOTHING.

It's completely irrelevant which conference wins.

I would root for injuries.

Just kidding, I probably would not wind up watching. In years past I would definitely have rooted for the Patriots, but there is something about compromising the integrity of the game that makes me hate the Patriots as much as I hate the Cowboys. For all their coke addictions, the Cowboys have not cheated the way the Patriots have, and I can never forgive that.

bingo! no interest. won't watch it. dislike both teams.

Who cares!?!?!?

Unless it's the Skins!

I mean seriously. What do the Skins gain if another NFC team wins the Super Bowl?

NOTHING.

It's completely irrelevant which conference wins.

Irrelavant to you, but not to me. I am so sick and tired of hearing how the AFC is a class above the NFC and how our conference is weak blah blah blah.

Kind of like what I heard whe you posted. blah blah blah...

How many ways do we have to ask this question... unless it has a 100% direct effect on the Skins -- ie making the playoffs/winning the division etc -- 99.9% of us will never root for the Cowboys!

Good answer, dumb question. Sorry Mike. I'd root for the Pats twice as hard as I rooted for them against the Iggles.

Archived