Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doggonnit Im Sick Of The Crap On This Board!!!

bigroddy76

What the problem is that everyone expects this team to be great, and dominate. Weeks later they get upset when they finally realize that they arent cheering for the team you want them to be.

Redskins are not the better teams in the league. Could their record been better probably so, but after 9 weeks I come to the conclusion that they arent ready to take the next step forward, or havent prove they can

Like Gibbs said every game will be close, other than against Detroit every game has. Everyone wants the Redskins to be dominate, and become one of the elite teams in the NFL. Well sorry to break it to you but theyre not.

I guess fans get sick of a losing team. They have nothing to cheer about. Why do you not go fire up the TEAM? Have them give us something to be positive about (hint hint PLAYOFFS).:)
its just football man, the redskins making the playoffs is team success bragging but it wont make me less of a fan if they dont make it, on the other hand i'm not a bragging about the dolphins either :doh: i guess your right, its better to brag about a winning organization than a mediorcore one :laugh:

People do have the right express their opinion, no matter how negative it may be. I think the thing that has to be remembered with these fans is that the heart is in the right place, they've just run out of patience. I think we would be all lying if we said we'd never thought or said anything negative about a player, coach or administration. It's part of being a fan. It's when people take it to the point of doing nothing but criticizing is when it's wrong.

im a die hard fan and always will be, no matter what. I think im the most overreactive person at the sportsbar i go to on sundays. I celebrate hard and i yell at the television more than anyone else. IVE EVEN THROWN MY HAT ON THE GROUND AND KICKED IT AFTER A COUPLE DUMB PLAYS......... I YELL BECAUSE I CARE!

We as fans have an emotional investment in this team. I'm in my mid 40's and I grew up in the D.C Maryland area. I started watching in the mid 70's with my dad. I had all of the posters that the Washington Post put out on Sundays as well as all the other Redskins stuff. We weren't that good although we went to a Super Bowl but when Gibbs got here afetr that first season he established a standard of excellence.

Everyone knows what happened after that, we go to 4 Siuper Bowls and we win 3. We were a respected team in the league, a blue collar collection of guys who played smart, tough, football. We were the model for success.

Look at us the past 15 years or so. Disorganized, Erratic, no continuity in anything. I think if you have been following this team for as long as I have, you have a right to say what you will without it making you a fairweather fan. I love Joe Gibbs and I have been critical of this once great coach and still great man. I just don't think he has it anymore as much as it hurts me to say that. I hope he can prove me wrong because this is the man who made us a great team. I owe him that much respect, but he has to realize that maybe the game has actually passed him by.

We who criticize aren't always fair-weatherd fans and you people should start to realize that.

the reason that theres o much negativity is because DC sports fans are EXTREMELY fair weather. most wont agree with this statement because they wanna believe in their team. but u see on here and u see it walkin around dc...come monday, if the redskins win, ive got a skins jersey on, if they lose, ive still got a skins jersey on...mondays after losses i feel like im walkin around in dallas cuz u dont see a single skins fan... :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I agree. I voice my displeasure but I continue to support them. The one's that change teams because their team is losing are the ones I hate. Just like this dude at my job claims he is a San Antonio Spurs fan. Claims he starting rooting for them when they got David Robinson. Yeah right mother****er! If I stop watching the Skins, I will stop watching the NFL. And that just won't happen. Go Skins. Snyder does suck though.

you'll find a couple hundred threads like this one because this site is full of extreme fans that are sick of the skins fielding a crappy product. People b*tch because they care.

*ding*

Exactly. I love the sarcastic "there are already threads on this" - you people suck as much as the "should we have gone for it on 4th down even though WE WON THE GAME...is gibbs a bad coach?" Go away.

We feel you OP, click the link in my sig to take a breather from this madness and ease up with a lil 'tism.

the reason that theres o much negativity is because DC sports fans are EXTREMELY fair weather. most wont agree with this statement because they wanna believe in their team. but u see on here and u see it walkin around dc...come monday, if the redskins win, ive got a skins jersey on, if they lose, ive still got a skins jersey on...mondays after losses i feel like im walkin around in dallas cuz u dont see a single skins fan... :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Nope, after living in Miami for a year I can tell you that warm weather regions like South Florida and Southern Cal are very fair weather when it comes to their PRO teams. The Dolphins can't fill the stadium with their OWN fans. There is always more of the visiting teams' fans in the stadium. You should have seen it down here for the Raider and Patriot games. The Marlins have two World Series titles within the last decade and they can barely get anyone to the games. The Heat are a different story with Wade and Shaq here but I heard it wasn't all that rosy before their respective arrivals. All the support will probably come to an end once Shaq retires.

The Redskins are not the second most valuable franchise in the world because they have fair weather fans. Quite the opposite. Even the so-called fans that criticize the team support the team with their regular attendance at games and buying Redskin merchandise. Even the DC area Cowgirl fans come to the games in those putrid jerseys and patronize the Redskins with their ticket purchases. Win or lose, we will support our team and it shows.

Make sure you come to the Tailgate Extreme Style at Al Lopez Park. will be plenty of ES there and many other fans aswell..

Amen, brother! We're going 16-0! .... well, 13-3 anyway. :helmet:

And I just might see you in Tampa. I'll be the guy somewhere in the vicinity of the pirate ship trying to start up HTTR, even on field goals.

:cheers:

Love your sig

Nope, after living in Miami for a year I can tell you that warm weather regions like South Florida and Southern Cal are very fair weather when it comes to their PRO teams. The Dolphins can't fill the stadium with their OWN fans. There is always more of the visiting teams' fans in the stadium. You should have seen it down here for the Raider and Patriot games. The Marlins have two World Series titles within the last decade and they can barely get anyone to the games. The Heat are a different story with Wade and Shaq here but I heard it wasn't all that rosy before their respective arrivals. All the support will probably come to an end once Shaq retires.

The Redskins are not the second most valuable franchise in the world because they have fair weather fans. Quite the opposite. Even the so-called fans that criticize the team support the team with their regular attendance at games and buying Redskin merchandise. Even the DC area Cowgirl fans come to the games in those putrid jerseys and patronize the Redskins with their ticket purchases. Win or lose, we will support our team and it shows.

Yeah but..but this posting is...

EEEEXXXXXXTTTTRRRRREEEEMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I love the optimism! Screw the Naysayers!!

I LOVE THIS GUY!!

You are capturing everything I believed in when I signed up here. It is just too bad that this thread will be washed away in about 2 days and it will be the same ol' again.

So we are supposed to be EXXXTEME!!!!!?

Does that mean I'm supposed to drink Mountain Dew? Go sky-diving?

Look, anyone who has put up with the last 15 years of pathetic results from this team and still is enough of a fan to spend their time here is an extreme fan of the team. Moderate fans would have quit wasting their time years ago.

i want extreme homerism! I wanna hear people say things like "were just waiting to unleash our offensive juggernaut in the second half of the season."

Yeah, like "gibbs has just been sandbagging just so dallas wont know what to expect when they play us".

I want other folks to say how were gonna go undefeated for the remainder of the season......THATS FRIGGIN EXTREME!!!

I wanna hear dumb $#% like that when i log on here. SIKE!

.....My wife is actually jealous of all the time i spend on here....oh wait here she comes i gotta go!!

Haaa haaa. Good post. Got me cracking up over here. I'm guilty of critisizing some of the play calling decisions but I see your point. LOL.

:cheers:

I don't think folks are reading your entire post...or maybe they can't sense the comedic tone

Archived