Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are The Redskins Nearing Mutiny??

bigroddy76

I have been reading, and watching interview by some of our star players, and for me to hear them talk about rededicating,themselves, or buying in to the game plan, finishing plays, running and executing the plays that are called. I read between the lines and feel like some if not most of them are just as frustrated, like us the fans are.......

why the hell do they need any more motivation. You practice,and prepare in preseason, you put on the uniform to play the game and win. we have only 16 games in a season. this aint baseball ,or basketball. They make millions of dollars to play a damn game they used to play for free as kids..... I just dont get it? maybe they want to get gibbs to quit? Maybe they dont believe in the playcalling on offense...

I dont know im not an expert. I love the skins and have always only loved the skins since i was 7 years old.

I am a die hard but these mufudgers are tryna kill me

CYALL IN TAMPA section 232 row g seat 17 and 18:dallasuck

The effort put forth by various skin's teams for the last decade + has been abysmal. The coaches are mostly to blame for this IMO. First for bringing in these slackers and then not cutting/replacing them after becoming fat & happy with all those contracts and not performing up to paid grade. Until we field a team that CLEARLY wants it from top to bottom, less than mediocre, is were we'll be.

Really, why would they NOT be frustrated? You would have to question their competive drive if they are stoic about mediocrity. Why wouldn't the offense be frustrated and start doubting the "system" after three and a half years of offensive ineptitude. What are they averaging? Like 18 points a game? I don't know. That might even be generous.

I really think Joe Gibbs is so arrogant that his system or philosophy works regardless of the defensive weakness (and strengths). It sort of like that super bowl when the Patriots played the Rams. Belichick knew that Mike Martz was so arrogant that he would not change his offensive philosophy even though he was practically begging him to run. The greatest show on turf ran Marshal Faulk only 9 times I believe. My point is, who cares about trying to find a identity, or establishing that "my system works." The game has changed. Teams open it up more. Go for it on forth down more,etc. The team will stop being frustrated when they do whatever it takes to win!

I HATE ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE FOOTBALL

I read one report that there wasn't any bickering on the Redskins sideline during the Patriots game and that no one was blaming anyone else which I don't think would be the case for a team on the brink of mutiny.

Gibbs actually said last night on the Joe Gibbs show that towards the end of the Pats game they asked the starters if they wanted to sit out and the majority of them said no, they wanted to continue to play. Doesnt sound like a mutiny to me.

It sort of like that super bowl when the Patriots played the Rams. Belichick knew that Mike Martz was so arrogant that he would not change his offensive philosophy even though he was practically begging him to run. The greatest show on turf ran Marshal Faulk only 9 times I believe.

We did the exact same thing this year. We dared him to run, he didnt do it, we crushed the Lions.

Yeh, players meeting about rededication and buying into the game plan actually means they are calling mutiny. :doh:

Can I have the last 3 minutes of my life back please?

not a speedreader, eh?
WOW, it took you 3 minutes to read this? Hooked on phonics works for me!
Wow it took you three minutes to read that?

And here we have the "Lose Sight Of The Original Post and Copy Others" award.

:laugh: :laugh:

If this team was at the point of mutiny, they wouldn't fight till the final whistle the way they have in every game.

Sounds like you've been reading but another Portis interview. We need to photoshop his face onto the cartoon droopy dog. He makes it sound like the world is ending......................

The effort put forth by various skin's teams for the last decade + has been abysmal. The coaches are mostly to blame for this IMO. First for bringing in these slackers and then not cutting/replacing them after becoming fat & happy with all those contracts and not performing up to paid grade. Until we field a team that CLEARLY wants it from top to bottom, less than mediocre, is were we'll be.

Hit the nail on the head. As far as the Skins go, when you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. The lack of effort last week was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I will always love the Redskins but I have now gotten to the point to where I could care less if they win or lose anymore and the only thing I expect out of them every year is underacheivement. This proud and storied franchise has now become a joke and it's sad that there is no end in near sight.

Hit the nail on the head. As far as the Skins go, when you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. The lack of effort last week was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I will always love the Redskins but I have now gotten to the point to where I could care less if they win or lose anymore and the only thing I expect out of them every year is underacheivement. This proud and storied franchise has now become a joke and it's sad that there is no end in near sight.

wow :doh: i think ur the joke.

For me this is the most frustrating aspect of this team and it has been for years. We, somehow, have had players who always know better than any coaching staff and essentially sabotage any chance the team has to try anything different because they are smarter than anyone who coaches them. Always.

I believe it's likely the end of the second Gibbs coaching era came the day contemplated he needed to hire someone else after the 2005 season. He had the team. Had he done NOTHING that team likely would have been very difficult to beat in 2006 -- injuries aside of course. It was a unified team. Then, he undercut it, himself and everything that had built for TWO years and made everyone start from scratch under Saunders.

Saunders KNOWS what he's doing, but, these players largely tasted some success under a system Gibbs ran and don't want to fully dedicate to what Saunders wants, and Saunders, to his discredit, can't figure out how to consistently get the most out of the guys doing something else.

You knew there was still a problem after the Detroit game. I made a comment about it watching the Cooley interview from the locker room when after a 34-3 win, he said, we "supposedly" have this great offensive system. Even when things were good, you heard the doubt. This team sabotages itself like no other team I've ever seen. It's ultimately Gibbs fault for making a team that FINALLY felt stable and that it was building something feel like it was all for nothing.

But, still, that the players still show obvious signs in their actions and words that they aren't buying in is my current problem. And it explains why when you watch the Pats or Colts play and everything seems so efficient and on the same page yet we always seem so sporadic and hit and miss and inconsistent. It's because we're not on that same page.

For me this is the most frustrating aspect of this team and it has been for years. We, somehow, have had players who always know better than any coaching staff and essentially sabotage any chance the team has to try anything different because they are smarter than anyone who coaches them. Always.

I highly doubt these players know more then coaches. The problem is we have to many "divas' on this team and not real "team" players. They all have to hear their voice when in reality only a couple should be talking.

People have slurped up what Vinny has done because of the talent he has been able to get, but as you can see it takes a lot more then just talent to have a winning team.

We need a GM period and we might need a new HC after this season.

It is time to stop drinking this kool aid danny has been pouring since it is not working.

<edit>I believe it's likely the end of the second Gibbs coaching era came the day contemplated he needed to hire someone else after the 2005 season. He had the team. Had he done NOTHING that team likely would have been very difficult to beat in 2006 -- injuries aside of course. It was a unified team. Then, he undercut it, himself and everything that had built for TWO years and made everyone start from scratch under Saunders.

<edit>.

These are the same concerns I had after hearing about Sanders, and discussed them here, and was still struggling with it a year ago:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3084986&postcount=126

But I unapologetically took a hopeful view and celebrated the potential of Saunders.

And outside the QB piece in that year old post, it's still the same concerns. We'll see, but it looks like its on the brink of classic & tragic woulda-coulda-shoulda right now.

And outside the QB piece in that year old post, it's still the same concerns. We'll see, but it looks like its on the brink of classic & tragic woulda-coulda-shoulda right now.

Agree 100% and I hate to say it but it may only be fixed if we bring in a new GM have Gibbs stay as President and a new HC most likely Cowher.

Trade the players you could to get picks and keep a few and build this thing again. With Jason, Moss, Randle, Cooley, Betts etc... we have pieces to build from. I would trade Portis though since he will get you something in return.

Archived