Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Reason To Hate ESPN

MEANDWARF

"Fear" was the concept of the segment on ESPN Sportcenter with guest host Steven King.

This segment detail some the toughest men in football from the past and present that others feared to play against.

Some of the guys interviewed and showned in video highlights were Deacon Jones, Jack Lambert, and Lawerence Taylor, etc. Jim Brown on the offense side.

Some of the present players interviewed and etc were Roy Williams, Sheldon Brown(?), and Jullian Peppers. Chad Johnson was mentioned to be feared on the offense side.

You problabu know by now where I'm going with this.

No Redskins mentioned.

No Chris Hanburger, Darryl Green, Riggo, or Sean Taylor.

The only video highlight was Joe Jacoby trying to keep L.T. out of our backfield.

Now I know I may be bias but c'mon!

Who cares...it's just some random interview.

"Fear" was the concept of the segment on ESPN Sportcenter with guest host Steven King.

This segment detail some the toughest men in football from the past and present that others feared to play against.

Some of the guys interviewed and showned in video highlights were Deacon Jones, Jack Lambert, and Lawerence Taylor, etc. Jim Brown on the offense side.

Some of the present players interviewed and etc were Roy Williams, Sheldon Brown(?), and Jullian Peppers. Chad Johnson was mentioned to be feared on the offense side.

You problabu know by now where I'm going with this.

No Redskins mentioned.

No Chris Hanburger, Darryl Green, Riggo, or Sean Taylor.

The only video highlight was Joe Jacoby trying to keep L.T. out of our backfield.

Now I know I may be bias but c'mon!

Who cares...it's just some random interview.

unless someone has their mouth around the washington dc scrotum its automatically "they hate us" or "look at this media bias".

we dont need to be mentioned in every segment ever.

Exactly, it's ok once in a while but let's stop acting like little girls about it every time we don't have a 1 hour part of a 2 hour show.

unless someone has their mouth around the washington dc scrotum its automatically "they hate us" or "look at this media bias".

we dont need to be mentioned in every segment ever.

Exactly, it's ok once in a while but let's stop acting like little girls about it every time we don't have a 1 hour part of a 2 hour show.

I was watching this with the sound turned down, and I was waiting for a Redskin to pop up. None did. Of course they had Owens on there so immediately the piece turned to garbage.

I was waiting to see if someone was going to make a thread about this. The board did not disappoint.

you know back in the 80's I was outraged whenever the Redskins or VCU or whoever didn't get enough TV or newspaper coverage. Now I just don't care. As long as the game is on local TV every week I'm happy.

I was watching this with the sound turned down, and I was waiting for a Redskin to pop up. None did. Of course they had Owens on there so immediately the piece turned to garbage.

I was waiting to see if someone was going to make a thread about this. The board did not disappoint.

you know back in the 80's I was outraged whenever the Redskins or VCU or whoever didn't get enough TV or newspaper coverage. Now I just don't care. As long as the game is on local TV every week I'm happy.

• 4 years later...

ANOTHER reason to hate ESPN....tuned into NFL32 this afternoon to watch some of the Playoff discussions (it's actually one of their better shows) and as they pan away for commercial break I had to pause and rewind and then in slow-mo I count 31 NFL logos that randomly flash across the screen , anyone wanna guess what team was left out ;)

I hate ESPN's unfiltered and unending devotion to Tom Brady and the Pats. Also the Celtics and the East Coast.

Yeah...a national TV station spends more time talking about the most successful and popular teams that bring in the ratings. Who woulda thunk. There's so much internet coverage for every team nowadays, I can't BELIEVE we still see people on ES ***** about the lack of Skins coverage, etc.

Do you think Chiefs fans ***** about never being mentioned on ESPN? I don't know the answer to that, but if they're like most here, they probably do. But guess what. Most of America doesn't give a **** about the Chiefs, or the Skins. Not until we're successful again. That's just how it goes. There's enough online content covering anything you could possibly want that its amazing to still hear these gripes. We suck. We won't get national "respect" until we're good again.

well Helu's hurdle TD was the top 3rd or 4th NFL play of 2011 on ESPN, and they show it in another little montage, too. I think that trumps not having our logo on the screen for a split second lol

Gaffney's one handed TD grab was like top play #2 of that week.

Whenever the Redskins are mentioned on ESPN there seems to be very little hate this year. They seem to understand that skipping on QB last year was a move that meant building the rest of the team through a great draft, so they don't go there. Kerrigan gets respect when mentioned, as does Orakpo, who's in a national commercial (as terrible as it is...).

Helu gets crazy respect, especially in the fantasy football world. Helu's the kind of guy fans of other teams bandwagon on and talk about how awesome he is (thanks to the hurdle run alone probably). Nonetheless, we haven't had a player like that in a while. I'd say since Sean Taylor, there hasn't been a guy who's consensus "awesome" or "badass" among the rest of NFL fans. (I'm exaggerating, but not much. People love helu). Then there's Rak and Kerrigan, who, in a few years, everyone will know of as one of those feared pass rushing duos. You can see the respect happening, but not if the team keeps losing a bunch of games.

I actually don't hate ESPN. I hate on some of the talking heads sure, but there hasn't been any Mike freaking Golic running haynesworth conditioning tests this year. I think they're on board for the rebuild lol.

Interesting. Maybe I'm involved with more "hardcore" fantasy owners, but most people don't trust Helu or his production at all because they didn't love him coming out of the draft, and they don't trust Shanahan to stick with a RB.

Archived