Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6'5 former 10th overall pick, Mike Williams waived by Oakland (merged)

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Have you seen his current picture on the NFL.com site? I was thinking the same as you until i saw him in his current form. He's more of a D-lineman/TE now.

dude, come on. i know you're not that gullible are you. that pic is of the other mike williams, you know the o-lineman the bills drafted a couple years ago that was a "bust".

Have you seen his current picture on the NFL.com site? I was thinking the same as you until i saw him in his current form. He's more of a D-lineman/TE now.

dude, come on. i know you're not that gullible are you. that pic is of the other mike williams, you know the o-lineman the bills drafted a couple years ago that was a "bust".

I know the 'Skins are hurting at the WR spot, but come on, this is scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel.

The kid couldnt even make it on a piss poor Oakland team.

He'll get another shot somewhere based upon his size and potential, but if he's better than what Washington has now, what does that say about your WR's in general.

Honestly, I wouldn't even take him over Isiah Stanbeck (Dallas 4th rounder - converted QB to WR - hasnt played a game) at this point.

I know the 'Skins are hurting at the WR spot, but come on, this is scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel.

The kid couldnt even make it on a piss poor Oakland team.

He'll get another shot somewhere based upon his size and potential, but if he's better than what Washington has now, what does that say about your WR's in general.

Honestly, I wouldn't even take him over Isiah Stanbeck (Dallas 4th rounder - converted QB to WR - hasnt played a game) at this point.

The problem isn't our lack of WRs. The problem is that we don't even utilize what we have.

I see Moss running 5 yard routes when it is 3rd and 7. So what difference does it make if Mike Williams is doing the same thing? We need to utilize the weapons we have. Brandon Lloyd and Santana Moss are NFL calibur WRs. There is nothing wrong with them. We have seen this season that they are getting open during the game. Of course, we send them downfield so few times that it is so make or break.

Right now we could have Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Steve Smith on our team, but if all they do is call screen passes and five yard comeback routes, how much production would we expect?

The problem isn't our lack of WRs. The problem is that we don't even utilize what we have.

I see Moss running 5 yard routes when it is 3rd and 7. So what difference does it make if Mike Williams is doing the same thing? We need to utilize the weapons we have. Brandon Lloyd and Santana Moss are NFL calibur WRs. There is nothing wrong with them. We have seen this season that they are getting open during the game. Of course, we send them downfield so few times that it is so make or break.

Right now we could have Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Steve Smith on our team, but if all they do is call screen passes and five yard comeback routes, how much production would we expect?

Thank you dude! :cheers:

We are by no means football experts, but if we see something as basic as this, every D-coordinator in the league surely has to see the same thing. It's frustrating as hell. You catch very brief glimpses here and there, but we never stay with it. The intermediate and deep pass seems to be an anomaly in this offense. After 4 years I just expect it every game. I hope they prove me wrong one of these games. I can't help but think back to the 2005 Cowboys MNF game and think of the awesomeness that resulted from really airing it out.

Thank you dude! :cheers:

We are by no means football experts, but if we see something as basic as this, every D-coordinator in the league surely has to see the same thing. It's frustrating as hell. You catch very brief glimpses here and there, but we never stay with it. The intermediate and deep pass seems to be an anomaly in this offense. After 4 years I just expect it every game. I hope they prove me wrong one of these games. I can't help but think back to the 2005 Cowboys MNF game and think of the awesomeness that resulted from really airing it out.

A prime example was Asaunte(sp?) Samuel on Santana Moss. He knew that Moss was just going to be running short routes, you know why? He watched game film. So as an offensive coordinator. Al Saunders should have been watching and picked up that Asaunte Samuel was trying to jump the route to get an INT....so what you do is, run the exact same play in the following series, but you change the route to a stop and go....let Asaunte Samuel try to jump the same route, but this time when he does that, Moss has left him in the dust as he is racing down the sideline waiting for a TD pass. There is a reason that in 2005 Santana Moss was uncoverable, and it was because Gibbs was utilizing his strength which is his SPEED. No corner in the league could consistently cover him one on one, or even in double coverage. So then we sign Al Saunders, a supposed genius, and he has taken away Moss's speed and turned him into a 5,9" possession receiver......

A prime example was Asaunte(sp?) Samuel on Santana Moss. He knew that Moss was just going to be running short routes, you know why? He watched game film. So as an offensive coordinator. Al Saunders should have been watching and picked up that Asaunte Samuel was trying to jump the route to get an INT....so what you do is, run the exact same play in the following series, but you change the route to a stop and go....let Asaunte Samuel try to jump the same route, but this time when he does that, Moss has left him in the dust as he is racing down the sideline waiting for a TD pass. There is a reason that in 2005 Santana Moss was uncoverable, and it was because Gibbs was utilizing his strength which is his SPEED. No corner in the league could consistently cover him one on one, or even in double coverage. So then we sign Al Saunders, a supposed genius, and he has taken away Moss's speed and turned him into a 5,9" possession receiver......

To be honest I don't really even see the point. Even if they picked him up he wouldn't play. Moss, ARE, and Thrash are generally the only WRs that get on the field. Even though we also have Lloyd, Caldwell, and McCardell. Really, I don't see a point in doing something like this until the offensive philosophy changes and the play calling changes. We already have at least 6 guys to throw screen passes to.

To be honest I don't really even see the point. Even if they picked him up he wouldn't play. Moss, ARE, and Thrash are generally the only WRs that get on the field. Even though we also have Lloyd, Caldwell, and McCardell. Really, I don't see a point in doing something like this until the offensive philosophy changes and the play calling changes. We already have at least 6 guys to throw screen passes to.

Archived